• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Ithil

h7UOmLr.jpg

That was fast.

jmdajr

To be fair I thought Rock did a lot better in his rematch than the first time around. I felt like he actually tried to have a good match.

Bowser

They should just feud Punk with Ziggler. Don't worry about heel vs face, just have Punk interrupt Ziggler with a "you have something that I want" type storyline and let Punk make Ziggles look like a million bucks as champ.

Matches announced for Taiji Ishimori & Naomichi Marufuji's return to ROH at the 'Border Wars' iPPV on May 4th and the TV tapings on May 5th;

iGh3gsVoWBGSc.jpg

Nice, I like the look of all four of those, although I know there's a fair few here who dislike Davey...and Eddie...and Roderick, but they should be fun matches nonetheless.

I'm glad you guys reminded me of this classic moment.

lfWNo.gif

One of the better episodes of Raw seen in the last few years by virtue of going completely off the rails.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a PM from Pepsi City! He's alive and well! Woo hoo!!!

OH GOD THERE HE IS

BAH GAWD

Aiii

So not worth it
I would greatly appreciate if regular visitors gave a head's up if they were going to leeave us for months. Soulplaya just dissapearing outa nowhere is very sad :(

They should just feud Punk with Ziggler. Don't worry about heel vs face, just have Punk interrupt Ziggler with a "you have something that I want" type storyline and let Punk make Ziggles look like a million bucks as champ.

Punk should feud with Ziggler, put him over once before winning the title at Summerslam, hold on to the title until Wrestlemania feuding indirectly with Cena saying his title is the real title and he's beaten better men, have them both look strong before a unification match at Wrestlemania Triple X.

I hope they are not turning Ryback full heel just because they think they need a heel to feud with Cena.

They dont need to touch his character and the feud would still makes sense. Ryback wants the belt. Cena has the belt. FIGHT.

XenoRaven

I hope they are not turning Ryback full heel just because they think they need a heel to feud with Cena.

They dont need to touch his character and the feud would still makes sense. Ryback wants the belt. Cena has the belt. FIGHT.
I don't think we will ever have a feud like that ever. Remember the awesome best in the world vs. best in the world promos Punk and Jericho did? Remember when that was completely overshadowed by some weird alcoholic dad stuff?

I don't think we will ever have a feud like that ever. Remember the awesome best in the works vs. best in the world promos Punk and Jericho did? Remember when that was completely overshadowed by some weird alcoholic dad stuff?

Rock/Cena was about who was "the best". Sadly it turns out neither of them are.

It needs to rewind back to the start for a dancing loop!

---

Those of you who are aware of the issue I had on WM night with the Sports Bar we went to basically using an internet stream... General Manager phoned me, discussed the issue, apologised, and has offered the group a £300 bar tab for whenever we went. Almost fell of my seat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It needs to rewind back to the start for a dancing loop!

---

Those of you who are aware of the issue I had on WM night with the Sports Bar we went to basically using an internet stream... General Manager phoned me, discussed the issue, apologised, and has offered the group a £300 bar tab for whenever we went. Almost fell of my seat.

Dude's terrified of gettin hunted down. Take it, use it, and keep pressin.

Watching New Japan 'Wrestling Dontaku 1993' - I was really looking forward to seeing Sting vs Scott Norton, but what an unmitigated disaster of a match this one turned out to be. Norton takes a low-dropkick that sends him through the ropes a minute into the match, but he traps his leg beneath him as he rolls out onto the stage and legit fucks his knee up. He tries to carry on, but it quickly becomes obvious that he's not going to be hitting any of his power moves with a busted wheel. The ref palms him a blade and then Norton & Sting brawl to the floor, where Norton does a ridiculous blade job that sees him pissing blood within seconds. He gets back in and Sting tries to salvage the match, but there's blood everywhere, all over Sting's arms, all over Norton's gear and Norton appears to be getting seriously woozy from the amount of blood he's losing. Norton tries this really inadvisable spot where Sting's on the floor and Norton leans over the ropes, grabs him by the throat and lifts him onto the mat, before hitting a back suplex - this was obviously one of their planned spots and Sting hulks out of the suplex and screams, showing his fighting spirit to the crowd, but Norton's just fucking laying there, clutching his leg. He finally gets back up and tries to lock up, but he's stumbling all over the place. The ref backs him into a corner and we get a close up with an official telling Norton they're going to stop the match, Norton saying OK and then acting crazy mad when the bell rings. He half heartedly beats up the ref and the New Japan young lions hit the ring, so he starts throwing potatoes while Sting walks to the back, looking vaguely disgusted.

Nice powerslam from Norton, especially given that he's on one knee;

ibcbMeCKj1znzs.gif

Disappointed Sting;

ibyDTR20kICNzr.gif

bangai-o

Banned
Watching New Japan 'Wrestling Dontaku 1993' - I was really looking forward to seeing Sting vs Scott Norton, but what an unmitigated disaster of a match this one turned out to be. Norton takes a low-dropkick that sends him through the ropes a minute into the match, but he traps his leg beneath him as he rolls out onto the stage and legit fucks his knee up. He tries to carry on, but it quickly becomes obvious that he's not going to be hitting any of his power moves with a busted wheel. The ref palms him a blade and then Norton & Sting brawl to the floor, where Norton does a ridiculous blade job that sees him pissing blood within seconds. He gets back in and Sting tries to salvage the match, but there's blood everywhere, all over Sting's arms, all over Norton's gear and Norton appears to be getting seriously woozy from the amount of blood he's losing. Norton tries this really inadvisable spot where Sting's on the floor and Norton leans over the ropes, grabs him by the throat and lifts him onto the mat, before hitting a back suplex - this was obviously one of their planned spots and Sting hulks out of the suplex and screams, showing his fighting spirit to the crowd, but Norton's just fucking laying there, clutching his leg. He finally gets back up and tries to lock up, but he's stumbling all over the place. The ref backs him into a corner and we get a close up with an official telling Norton they're going to stop the match, Norton saying OK and then acting crazy mad when the bell rings. He half heartedly beats up the ref and the New Japan young lions hit the ring, so he starts throwing potatoes while Sting walks to the back, looking vaguely disgusted.

Nice powerslam from Norton, especially given that he's on one knee;

ibcbMeCKj1znzs.gif

Disappointed Sting;

ibyDTR20kICNzr.gif

i want to see that match.

Top Bottom