• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Bowser

In addition to WWE giving him time to rest following his injury at WrestleMania, PWInsider.com is reporting that another reason why CM Punk was kept off Raw this week is because WWE feared Punk would get a huge pop from the live crowd in New Jersey.

Originally, CM Punk was scheduled to come out on Raw and cut a promo, and while he might have been healthy enough to do so, WWE nixed the idea so he wouldn't come off as a baby face if the Jersey crowd popped big for him.

:|

New Entry Chart is playing #28.

Fandango's theme was #25 last time someone checked, so it should be on soon (if they don't just skip it).

Also, RAW is in the UK in 2 weeks time, so that will be fun!!!

Yeah, it did.

New Entry at #26 and they skipped right over it. ;(

... and now they're playing that Green Day song (Know Your Enemy) that used to be the Raw or Smackdown theme or whatever... booooo.

Striker

Why is it a smart move? It's not like they keep Cena off TV because they "fear" he'll get booed out of the building, I don't see why this is any different. People will cheer who they want to cheer.
Hence HHH stayed away from it.

(Which goes to show where a lot of this crap comes from anyways)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it did.

New Entry at #26 and they skipped right over it. ;(

... and now they're playing that Green Day song (Know Your Enemy) that used to be the Raw or Smackdown theme or whatever... booooo.

They play things based on the iTunes chart? That seems weird, especially since the iTunes chart can change at a moment's notice.

Kccitystar

Jesus tapdancing Christ. SERIOUSLY, WWE? People are going to cheer who they want to cheer, why do they insist on trying to manipulate their audience? Punk would have gotten a pop for actually being an interesting character on TV, not because it's "bizarro world" or however they want to spin it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
This crowd should have been the start of the "WWE Spring" where the audience rises up and rebels against its oppressive masters. Vince will quell this trend real quick through vicious uses of Smackdown pops and booking.

chogidogs

How much of Ryder's overness was really down to his on-screen character, and how much was down to the internet show and the "stick it to the man" approach, though? Fandango, so far, is a pretty fun heel.

I liked Ryder before but when he got whiney I started hating him. Nobody likes whiners!

Brinbe

Man, that Punk news really sucks... We popped pretty loudly just for that Heyman promo from backstage, so I can't even imagine how loud we would've reacted for a post-WM Punk. =(

And you know what, it doesn't even matter, because he'll probably still get cheered next week too.

I'm guessing it's FAAN DAAAAAAAN GO's theme.

Oh, lol.

I always change the channel or try to do something else when he is doing something on screen. Maybe I should jump on this bandwagon. Curtis is the type of guy I see staying for the long haul, just stuck with a shitty gimmick kinda like Ziggler's origins.

I never commented on it yet, but I am so happy that Ziggler cashed in. I'd be glad with him being a face or heel. Dude paid his dues for real. Made me into a believer.

Kyoufu

Man, that Punk news really sucks... We popped pretty loudly just for that Heyman promo from backstage, so I can't even imagine how loud we would've reacted for a post-WM Punk. =(

And you know what, it doesn't even matter, because he'll probably still get cheered next week too.

Where is next week's show at?

lol

But, after this, what do they have planned for Punk anyway? Cena's busy with Ryback. Taker's probably gonna get busy with the Shield. Who's left?

1oBlPQ2.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is there going to be a segment where Disco Inferno gives The Chart Buster to Fandango like Flair gave the "Figure 4" to Miz?

Too valuable. Chartbuster > Stunner anyway. I wouldn't give that away for nothin.

strobogo

Banned
Guys, I had a Fandango dream, the circumstances of which made no sense.

News reports were coming in of both an impending tornado and a bomb planted somewhere in my city. Going to school, many parents decided to go with their teenage children. Everyone was searched and some parents were even turned away due to history or something. My mommy did not come with me as I am a big boy. In my classroom, I teacher I had in middle school (who I think is dead now) was lecturing us on how in Japanese wrestling, it is very common for wrestlers to invade shows without warning or invitation. Suddenly, a very small Japanese man with a doll on his back rolled into the room. Literally rolled. The teacher was like "aw hell nah, fuck that doll" while a Japanese student profusely apologized and said this was not planned. The teacher then asked for someone to get rid of the doll and for people wanting to try out for the wrestling team to get their head gear ready.

I decided I'd get rid of the weird doll by kicking it over and over into the air and throwing it out of the room. When I came back in, I saw Fandango shimmy dancing with a human sized all pink plush Animal. As in the Muppet. I fell to the floor dying of laughter. It was amazing.

Top Bottom