• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower's a hipster. Unsurprising.

wouldn't be called one if what I liked didnt get bandwagoned when people finally come around and see the light. I'm a truth dealer, I deal in truths.

SUPARSTARX

I'm no fan of 3D fighting games, but Virtua Fighter is clearly the superior 3D fighter.

3rd strike > everything else

Couple of gifs from the Athena vs Ayako Hamada match at SHIMMER 53;

i6Vpvyvvo8DgI.gif

ibbtk1iWZ4JEsX.gif

And Saraya Knight slapping WrassleGAF's own mechashiva :p

ibzrT2NeXE7QzA.gif

Wooooooo! I was a few rows back, but it was a great event.

Here's my shot of Ayumi flying off the buckle onto Martinez

Evie and Jessie McKay

VF is boring for people who don't know how to play the game.

It is one of the fastest and best fighters out there.

MK2 and UMK3 are the only MK worth playing.

There is now a very strong chance, if purchases continue, that Fandango's song could be in the UK Top 10 this weekend. There's even a chance that the UK #1 and #2 could be a mixture of 'Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead' by the Broadway cast of The Wizard of OZ, and Fandango's theme song.

Chopper

Of all the punishment avatars, I believe that mine is the best!
Woah, woah, woah...

Anyway. Where the fuck is Paige? Both on Raw and in this thread?

There is now a very strong chance, if purchases continue, that Fandango's song could be in the UK Top 10 this weekend. There's even a chance that the UK #1 and #2 could be a mixture of 'Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead' by the Broadway cast of The Wizard of OZ, and Fandango's theme song.
Is this true?!

Edit: It can't be true.

It's my new ringtone.

I did my part.

Virtua Fighter is awesome as fuck. I've never really played VF3 though.

But let me tell you guys what I did play today.....the Double Dragon 2 remake. Holy motherfuck is it terrible. It's like they didn't even try. Way to go butchering one of my favorite games. Next time let WayForward do it, cause I enjoyed Double Dragon Neon quite a bit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Virtua Fighter is awesome as fuck. I've never really played VF3 though.

But let me tell you guys what I did play today.....the Double Dragon 2 remake. Holy motherfuck is it terrible. It's like they didn't even try. Way to go butchering one of my favorite games. Next time let WayForward do it, cause I enjoyed Double Dragon Neon quite a bit.

Is it "so bad I should try it"? I can enjoy a bad game with heart, like Two Worlds II. The heart overcomes the jank.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol. When are you making Carnby for GWF? Let me know when you do, because I have the perfect song for his entrance theme.

he's already made, but GWF is on hiatus until Soulplaya comes back. And some other things.

Only that Tekken and Soul Calibur suck now.
I actually haven't played the newest Soul Calibur, so I wouldn't really know. I enjoyed playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 though.

TTT2 treated me well. Tekken's soundtracks ALWAYS deliver. But it ain't perfect. Still, I wouldn't say it sucks.
Also giving you the option to put your own music. Sucks that the Wii U version couldn't do that, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the game.

I'm also not a huge fan of fighting games, but that didn't stop me from enjoying them. MK9 is still my favorite fighting game last gen. I'm hoping for some great fighting games in the next couple of years. I thought SFIV was alright, but it was definitely missing something. I played the hell out of SF2 and SF3 back in the day. Same goes for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also not a huge fan of fighting games, but that didn't stop me from enjoying them. MK9 is still my favorite fighting game last gen. I'm hoping for some great fighting games in the next couple of years. I thought SFIV was alright, but it was definitely missing something. I played the hell out of SF2 and SF3 back in the day. Same goes for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

MvC3, either you 'get it' or you don't. I don't, it never clicked with me, and I hate it. A lot. SSF4 was probably the best for me recently. Everything clicked just right (I play a Dhalsim so there you go) - and uh, well, I just kinda fell out of keeping up because the FGC is generally despicable and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. So I'll just play randoms online sometimes or locally with my roommate.

MvC3, either you 'get it' or you don't. I don't, it never clicked with me, and I hate it. A lot. SSF4 was probably the best for me recently. Everything clicked just right (I play a Dhalsim so there you go) - and uh, well, I just kinda fell out of keeping up because the FGC is generally despicable and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. So I'll just play randoms online sometimes or locally with my roommate.
I played SSF4 moderately, but not as much as I did play MK9. Could be the spammers online, but I've had to deal with spammers on MK9. I guess I'll try playing it again later, and see if I still have that same problem.

Sokantish

I mostly only want Injustice just because of what Netherrealm did with the single player mode in MK9, I'm not that big of a DC fan but I love Netherrealm

strobogo

Banned
Fighting games stopped being fun to me around 6th grade. I get so bored with them so quickly now. I enjoyed UMvC3 and MK, but not enough that I wanted to spend hours and hours mastering them. Shit gets old in a hurry to me. They're all basically the same game and I've played that game too many times to care anymore. And the costumes look AWFUL for Injustice. I might Gamefly it for the story, at least.

I can't believe there are defenders of Rock/Cena II in this very thread. What the fuck, GAF? What. The. Fuck.

EDIT: If GWF ever comes back, you should go in and put Cena logos all over the characters of people who were picked #heel. Like, right on their faces.

Sokantish

1. I would definitely have been on Team #Heel, not because I thought it would happen but because I don't like betting against what I want.

So it's like me picking the Raiders in the NFL Pick 'em. Sure it's an easy choice. Never pick the Raiders to win, but I do it anyway. Every single week!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mostly only want Injustice just because of what Netherrealm did with the single player mode in MK9, I'm not that big of a DC fan but I love Netherrealm

I understand completely. MK9's story mode was bitchin.

1. I would definitely have been on Team #Heel, not because I thought it would happen but because I don't like betting against what I want.

2. When is the next GWF?

I understand. GWF will be after Soulplaya returns, we have some concepts flying around but let me just say this to keep close to your heart:

GWF is going GLOBAL

take that how you will. Did you catch the final episode where they met in the octagon?

So it's like me picking the Raiders in the NFL Pick 'em. Sure it's an easy choice. Never pick the Raiders to win, but I do it anyway. Every single week!

I do it too. Wave the flag for who you love and show support.

Top Bottom