• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

strobogo

Banned
Big E was awesome on NXT. He's everything that Ryback tries to be. I find his promo voice so weird considering his speaking voice sounds completely different.

gurudyne

Foley's in the top 3. This is...acceptable.

Yeah lets retroactively remove the fun I had.
What does it matter?

You can have had fun with it. I watched it with friends and had a blast. It's just if you think it was a good match you are wrong. Factually wrong. Empirically. Science can measure how wrong you are and has actually developed a metric based on that level of wrongness. At that level, you can no longer claim to be a wrestling fan and must also turn in any replica belts you own as you are not deserving of such hallowed gold.

Sure, that can go in there. Any interaction where a wrestler has said or done something to us, real or virtual, goes in as long as there is evidence.

I forgot the time AJ retweeted my Metal Gear REX stomping on my WWE Rumbler John Cena and said I was awesome!
That's right, WrassleGAF, AJ is mine!

ecurbj

I bet he really beat it up later that night. He was her pony.
1LFpG.gif

WatTsu

Anyone catch Cole on Main Event saying Roger Ebert would have "given Wrestlemania 10 out of 10"?

No he wouldn't have. For many reasons.

Sokantish

Is one of the reasons Roger Ebert doesn't have ten thumbs? What if this whole time he actually had 10 thumbs and he really hated every single movie

At least he posts pictures of a pretty lady instead of a weird looking old dude

I didn't know you were so shallow Sok, plus if he were really such a weird looking old dude as you so eloquently put it he wouldn't have accumulated a long list of diva conquests over the years, undeniable fact.

I'm sure we could all learn from Kane's example, must be how Miz got Maryse, he was once the feared Ice Cold Mike The Miz Mizanin after all, now he's mellowed out and become the natural guy though.

strobogo

Banned
I have something to admit here. I didn't really care for The Walking Dead game. Mostly because at no point did it actually feel like a video game. I like the story better than the show, though, it just wasn't a fun video game. Super bummer of an ending, too.

I played it on 360 and it seemed to have a lot of slow down, clipping, and lip synching being wwwaaaayyy off. Are those common criticisms of the 360 build?

UberTag

I didn't know you were so shallow Sok, plus if he were really such a weird looking old dude as you so eloquently put it he wouldn't have accumulated a long list of diva conquests over the years, undeniable fact.
When your first conquest is Katie Vick, you can only go up from there.

Kaladin

I have something to admit here. I didn't really care for The Walking Dead game. Mostly because at no point did it actually feel like a video game. I like the story better than the show, though, it just wasn't a fun video game. Super bummer of an ending, too.

I played it on 360 and it seemed to have a lot of slow down, clipping, and lip synching being wwwaaaayyy off. Are those common criticisms of the 360 build?

I played on PC and didn't have any issues with it. I think I only got to episode 3 though. Point and click adventure games aren't for everyone. I tend to enjoy them more if I'm enjoying the story.

Aiii

So not worth it
Was buggy on PS3 as well, however the narrative of the game are amazing. It's the single best story driven game of the past year. Love it.

Though admittedly I'm a huge fan of the comics.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

360 one, especially disc version, has horrific stuttering. I thought it was alright. It gave a GREAT illusion of choice, but once you saw the cracks in it, the whole thing broke. A lot of people didn't see the cracks but I approached it from a developer's perspective of "oh this is how they're going to do THAT", which sucks, but what can you do.

Ultimately, a good game but not great. There's better stories out there.

Aiii

So not worth it
360 one, especially disc version, has horrific stuttering. I thought it was alright. It gave a GREAT illusion of choice, but once you saw the cracks in it, the whole thing broke. A lot of people didn't see the cracks but I approached it from a developer's perspective of "oh this is how they're going to do THAT", which sucks, but what can you do.

Ultimately, a good game but not great. There's better stories out there.

Better games, yes. Better stories, not that many.

When your first conquest is Katie Vick, you can only go up from there.
I'm sure she looked lovely, before turning into a crumpled corpse at least.

You know I think the most offensive thing about that storyline was the idea that Kane went to some party when he was supposed to be shoved in some basement being burnt and stuff.

So what creepy shit does Daniel Bryan do now that he's one of the brothers?
Taker: Shoots Lightning Bolts
Kane: Summons Hell Fire
Bryan: Can sprout Vines made from goat and facial hair?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'm sure she looked lovely, before turning into a crumpled corpse at least.

You know I think the most offensive thing about that storyline was the idea that Kane went to some party when he was supposed to be shoved in some basement being burnt and stuff.

Or when he raped that corpse. Or whoever was his barber when he took the mask off.

*Shrug* I thought Rock/Cena II was decent and i didn't even care for the match. 1.5/5 wrestling wise but a solid 3/5 for entertainment. There were more Rock fans than i expected. Crowd got into it near the end. Didn't get the ending i wanted but the crowd shitting all over the passing the torch moment was awesome.

Problem is it shouldn't have been the main event. Star power wise they are at the top and Rock is doing his part with the buyrates. But everyone just knew Punk/Taker was the match everyone was hyped for. But Vince needs his publicity that never adds new fans, ever. But whatever.

After looking at the main event list. Putting it at the worse 3 is a bit of a stretch. Top 10 maybe, but there's a lot of shitty main events on there.

Yeah lets retroactively remove the fun I had.
What does it matter?

What? I'm sure you had a blast being there with 80,000 other people, but the match doesn't stand on it's own watching on TV with the "in person" element removed. That makes it a bad match IMO. I never discounted any fun you might've had.

That's really dumb. They're two different experiences. If I saw the match first live and thought it was good, then see the tv version that looks like crap does that retroactively make it crap for me?

Yes? What's wrong with admitting the crowd atmosphere made the experience better? It's like a movie that doesn't hold up to home viewing, or a game that sucks in single player despite being fun in co-op even thought it's basically the same game. Experiencing stuff with other people always makes it better.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Problem is it shouldn't have been the main event. Star power wise they are at the top and Rock is doing his part with the buyrates. But everyone just knew Punk/Taker was the match everyone was hyped for. But Vince needs his publicity that never adds new fans, ever. But whatever.

What are you talking about? All those Snookie and Maria Menounos fans for sure ordered Wrasslemania and are active members of WWE Universe™

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Jack Swagger went from a title match at Wrestlemania to main eventing Main Event

holy shit Zeb turned heel on Boston

Yoshi Tatsu

DA FUCK

Top Bottom