• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

somedevil

WWE released the top 25 greatest promo/mic moments:

25. Dusty Rhodes - “The winos know my name.”
24. Edge - His "I Hate You" Promo on John Cena.
23. Ultimate Warrior - “Shove that control into a nosedive, Hulk Hogan!”
22. Shane Douglas - “They can all kiss my @$$!” at ECW.
21. Chris Jericho - "ARMBAR"
20. Bret Hart - “You screwed me! Everybody screwed me!” (Bret's Heel Turn)
19. Randy Savage - “I am the cream of the crop.”
18. Bob Buckland - “I feel like God!”
17. Terry Funk - “I had a dream last night.”
16. Raven - “There are things inside me without remorse.”
15. The very first Rock concert.
14. Shawn Michaels - “I screwed Bret!”
13. Hulk Hogan - “This is where the power lies!”
12. Joey Styles "shooting" after quitting Commentary.
11. Eddie turning heel on Rey Mysterio.
10. The formation of the NWO.
9. The Rock - “Shut your mouth, ya thong wearing fatty!”
8. Ric Flair - "You turn the camera off and I’ll be naked when you come back.”
7. Paul Heyman - “You stole my legacy.”
6. Jake Roberts - “Wallowing in the muck of avarice.”
5. Ric Flair -“I was born with a golden spoon in my mouth.”
4. CM Punk's pipebomb.
3. Cactus Jack - "Cane Dewey" promo
2. Dusty Rhodes - "That’s hard times!”
1. Austin 3:16

Do you agree?

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/the-25-greatest-mic-moments-in-wrestling-history

There was a Double Dragon 2 remake?
Yep...I think it released today. Absolutely fucking awful. It doesn't even feel playable. I know it's not easy to make a game, but if I was part of that team I would be embarrassed and I wouldn't even want my name in the credits.
Is it "so bad I should try it"? I can enjoy a bad game with heart, like Two Worlds II. The heart overcomes the jank.

No no no no no no no. It's just garbage. Cause I understand what you're saying, which is why I love the Way of the Samurai games.

Kaladin

ibzrT2NeXE7QzA.gif

Damn. Mechashiva sold that slap.

That gif goes in the WrassleGaf Hall of Shame, next to Jericho approving a NeoGaf sign, Tim Donst throwing my hat halfway across the building and that time Tazz called Professor Beef a jerkface on twitter.

I hate that "thong wearing fatty" Rock promo.

Cane Dewey/Austin 3:16 should be flipped.

Where the hell is Bret screwed Bret? That basically launched the Mr. McMahon character

None of my favourite Jake Roberts or Ric Flair stuff is on there.

Striker

Surprised they didn't force some nonsense Cena promo on to there.
They'll force Triple H and Cena matches in their Top 25 whatever matches somewhere.

The rankings on these things are just bizarre. What's it relative to? Impact? Controversy? I still love Joey Styles's promo on the ECW/entertaining cycle because it still goes on today. He didn't throw any wrestler under the bus, but did boast about their talent because they spend so much time on the road.

I think the Rock's "Are you there God, it's me Billy Gunn" promo should be there, as well as Rock and Jericho making fun of Stephanie's boob job... Sorry, I forgot they are not PG...

---------------------

Injustice is ok, just not great. I'll pass

I can't believe there are defenders of Rock/Cena II in this very thread. What the fuck, GAF? What. The. Fuck.

^^^^^^^

Anyone who was at WM and thought it was good needs to give it a week and rewatch that match without any "I was there" hype attached to it. Terrible match.

Linkhero1

I think the Rock's "Are you there God, it's me Billy Gunn" promo should be there, as well as Rock and Jericho making fun of Stephanie's boob job... Sorry, I forgot they are not PG...

---------------------

Injustice is ok, just not great. I'll pass

lmao I loved this promo. How could I forget about it :(

I think JBL's ECW One Night Stand Promo should be there but that's just me.

strobogo

Banned
I would agree, but I'd take Raven off and maybe but the Horsemen FIRE ME I'M ALREADY FIRED promo in its place. It's really so hard to pick one Flair or Dusty promo. Austin 3:16 should be on the list, but definitely not at number one.

Brotista's fat girls and babies promo should be on there. It's hard to think of specific great promos over the past 10 years or so. Most of them involved Paul Heyman, Punk, Vince, and Hollywood Rock. Paul was on fire during the Invasion.

EDIT: I REALLY want a Fandango/Goldust creep off.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
WWE.com lists are constant Stone Cold and Cena wank fests. Santa Claus needs to revise this garbage.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
^^^^^^^

Anyone who was at WM and thought it was good needs to give it a week and rewatch that match without any "I was there" hype attached to it. Terrible match.

That's really dumb. They're two different experiences. If I saw the match first live and thought it was good, then see the tv version that looks like crap does that retroactively make it crap for me?

jmdajr

That's really dumb. They're two different experiences. If I saw the match first live and thought it was good, then see the tv version that looks like crap does that overall make it crap?
We are all supposed to be clones with the same opinion. Hate the same things , like the same thing....

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Cena isn't even in the promo list. Also, Austin only has one in the top 25. So try that complaint for another list.

It's funny that Cena isn't in the promo list but he is still a 'Master on the Mic'. He beats the likes of Hogan, Rude, Rhodes, Savage, and the Million Dollar Man in that spectacular list. And Austin is on the top of almost any list regardless of topic. I feel my complaint is justified.

strobogo

Banned
I feel like Cena has only had a few strong promos since becoming super Cena. A few of the ones on Rock in 2011, but probably the Edge feud before that. Dusty is probably my favorite promo guy ever, because he could say ANYTHING and made it seem totally legit. And they're fucking crazy. A different breed of crazy than a Warrior promo, but still crazy. Even today when he gets to talking and gets excited, it is always great.

Finally found what seems to be a complete version of Cena interacting with the crowd after Raw. Pretty decent quality too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CsrZ_8lY-4

I've got this whole thing and Dolph's Cash In and match on my iPhone, but I don't know how to upload them...
Also The Dolph footage is super shaky because me and everyone around me were flipping the fuck out.

That gif goes in the WrassleGaf Hall of Shame, next to Jericho approving a NeoGaf sign, Tim Donst throwing my hat halfway across the building and that time Tazz called Professor Beef a jerkface on twitter.

What about that time I got a CyberStunner from StoneCold?

jmdajr

MvC3, either you 'get it' or you don't. I don't, it never clicked with me, and I hate it. A lot. SSF4 was probably the best for me recently. Everything clicked just right (I play a Dhalsim so there you go) - and uh, well, I just kinda fell out of keeping up because the FGC is generally despicable and I didn't want to be a part of it anymore. So I'll just play randoms online sometimes or locally with my roommate.
Shit i just play the cpu. I have always sucked competively unless it was just casual players. My fighting games need mucho extras.

Top Bottom