• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

QgLlp.gif

"You bastards. Why are you torturing me like this? WHY?!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll defend my state's (and adopted city's) honor again.

Remember the deafening "LET'S GO ZIGGLER" => "wow listen to that crowd shout for Sheamus!!" incident? B-tier PPV in Jersey. Remember "DON'T TAG CENA!!" or HBK chants during the Henry/Show snoozefest? Survivor Series, NYC.

The post-WM atmosphere was enhanced considerably by the crowd that lives here throughout the year.

Yeah, the Raw crowd was basically your typical NYC crowd infused with the exuberance and energy of the European contingent.

What I would say is that the NYC/NJ elements of the crowd largely came in with negative energy, ready to tear down Wrestlemania, The Rock, John Cena, whatever. I know I did, and you can hear that in the first 30 minutes or so of the show. The European side of things turned that negative energy into positive energy beginning with the Barrett match, and it stayed that way the rest of the show even when things turned to shit.

Sort of a perfect storm of complimentary pieces to form one supercrowd that will be difficult to replicate, even at next year's Post-Mania.

somedevil

Some new newz:

While Triple H and The Undertaker appeared in segments with Kane and Daniel Bryan against The Shield at this week's WWE TV tapings, word is that neither man will be working the feud right now.

The current plan is for Kane and Daniel Bryan to defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against two members of The Shield, likely at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view. It's expected this is where Kane and Bryan will drop the titles.

Freebird rules are back. Please let it be a TLC match because Seth Rollins needs to try again to get another concussion.

It's said that the top three WWE NXT wrestlers who are close to being called up to WWE's main roster are Bray Wyatt, Kassius Ohno and Adrian Neville, the former Pac.

Pretty good for Pac because he hasn't been in Nxt for long and he is already close to being called up.

jred2k

It'll be interesting to see The Shield in the tag division finally. Plus getting the titles of Hell No opens them up for a Bryan/Ziggler for the WHC and Kane/Langston feud.

Cagey

Banned
Yeah, the Raw crowd was basically your typical NYC crowd infused with the exuberance and energy of the European contingent.

What I would say is that the NYC/NJ elements of the crowd largely came in with negative energy, ready to tear down Wrestlemania, The Rock, John Cena, whatever. I know I did,
and you can hear that in the first 30 minutes or so of the show. The European side of things turned that negative energy into positive energy beginning with the Barrett match, and it stayed that way the rest of the show even when things turned to shit.

Sort of a perfect storm of complimentary pieces to form one supercrowd that will be difficult to replicate, even at next year's Post-Mania.

Hah indeed. It's all I could think about all day at work Monday: showing up ready to express my disgust with how shit the product was the night before.

Chopper

It'll be interesting to see The Shield in the tag division finally. Plus getting the titles of Hell No opens them up for a Bryan/Ziggler for the WHC and Kane/Langston feud.
They could do with a few more members first. Those three NXTers would be a good start. And then Punk, Lesnar and Cena.

#Heel

jmdajr

So G.J. Joe is up to $234,459,359

budget: 130 million.

So yeah almost double, which is pretty much the point where you start becoming profitable.

oh and the Call..

$46,073,623

budget.. 13million.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some new newz:

Freebird rules are back. Please let it be a TLC match because Seth Rollins needs to try again to get another concussion.

I'm okay with this. My guess is it'll be Rollins and Reigns as the team at the PPV. Seems to make the most sense against Kane/Bryan.

Freebird rules are (almost) always welcome.

jmdajr

I'm okay with this. My guess is it'll be Rollins and Reigns as the team at the PPV. Seems to make the most sense against Kane/Bryan.

Bummer that Taker won't be at Extreme Rules. Coming off such a high note, I think fans would love to see him just a tad more.

Well, back to each Michell McCool's baked goodies.

jmdajr

Watchout Cena!

Ryback

Doubt my drive n ability. I will run right through you. I am a Highly Evolved Machine. There is no right n wrong no good n bad. #FeedingTime
2:36 AM - 11 Apr 13

Why doesn't Ryback have any fastfood endorsements?

Bowser

While it makes sense in terms of matchup, I think it would make more sense for Rollins and Ambrose to have the tag titles and have Reigns go after one of the IC or US titles. It would be easier if Miz was still IC champ, but having two heel mid-card champs complicates things.

Toki767

They really might as well just give The Shield the tag titles and let them hold it for as long as they're together or until an actual tag team gains popularity. So probably not the latter.

jmdajr

No one ever knew what the fuck Warrior was talking about, but at least he didn't need/have a script. It was his legit insanity.

I was such an Ultimate Warrior Freak in Elementary. His symbol was on all my books.

ALL MY BOOKS.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
No one ever knew what the fuck Warrior was talking about, but at least he didn't need/have a script. It was his legit insanity.

If only Bork could have channeled that insanity at Mania. He could have pinned Mr. H's in under 2 minutes after standing right back up after the pedigree.

My dr's said that starting back training w/ torn abdominals would be a bitch. Just found out they were right;). We gotta push thru..

I guess talking on a mic for 15 min would have been too much for him. Rock getting booed and a possible Brock/Rock altercation would have been cool. Luckily the crowd saved RAW's horrible rewrite.

DDP+Savage+Face.JPG

Top Bottom