• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

strobogo

Banned
I'd say the InVasion angle itself was the biggest "fuck you" Vince ever gave to the fans. He buys ECW and WCW, refuses to buy out the contracts of the real WCW stars, combines ECW and WCW and turns it into another McMahon family feud, then puts his own top guys in the ECW/WCW group, and then brings in all those stars you wanted right after the angle ended.

To be clear, Vince took the biggest angle in wrestling history and turned it into a feud between he and his kids and made his own stars the major stars of the ECW/WCW team. And then brought in all the stars after the angle ended, and had them all job to HHH at some point.

Booker, Steiner, Goldberg, Nash, Flair. All lost to HHH when they came in/back in.

01_paige.jpg

07_PAIGE_06142012ej_1102b.jpg

13_Paige_01102013rf-56b.jpg

19_paige.jpg

25_PAIGE_08092012ca_0367b.jpg

30_Paige_01102013rf-51b.jpg
dat new paige

Penguin

As I recall though it took the combined efforts or Taker and Kane to strip the title off Austin in both of those runs.

Till then he powered through everyone.

Well yes

Austin's first few runs were built around being screwed and finding some over the top way to retain

Sometimes, he didn't

Carnby

I just bought to movie tickets using Fan! Dan! Gooooooo.

I'm going to see A Place Beyond the Pines, which was filmed right here in Schenectady, New York. *thumbs up/cheap pop*

strobogo

Banned
That's great. I want Johnny Curtis to go back on the AOW, but in full Fandango character. And I hope he, like Damien Sandow, NEVER breaks character on any outside interview.

Cagey

Banned
I just bought to movie tickets using Fan! Dan! Gooooooo.

I'm going to see A Place Beyond the Pines, which was filmed right here in Schenectady, New York. *thumbs up/cheap pop*

I caught a showing in NYC and the director happened to randomly be at the theater to answer questions.

I wanted to ask him why his movie was so boring. It felt like it went on for 7 hours :(

Watching the TNA X-Division PPV - opening match was a bit disappointing, TJP (Puma) & Lince Dorado were there only to job, Christian York fucking sucks and the Gut Check guys (Alex Silva & Sam Shaw) didn't do much to impress. Jimmy Rave got to hit Ghanarhea though! I always liked that move;

i0VszBaFLaxMY.gif

Whatever happened to Matt Bentley/Michael Shane, anyways? I thought he was pretty damn talented back in the day, trained at the Texas Wrestling Academy, the real-life cousin of HBK, got an early start in ECW & FMW in Japan, showed good charisma and had some great matches with Paul London in ROH...then he signed for TNA and I remember fuck all about his run there, so it must have been quite something.

bangai-o said:
does the cheerleaders fandangoing mean that they like to hang out with wrestling fans?

I doubt it, but I'm sure that this guy lives in eternal hope;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC6gDuIB_cE#t=20s

strobogo

Banned
Watching the TNA X-Division PPV - opening match was a bit disappointing, TJP (Puma) & Lince Dorado were there only to job, Christian York fucking sucks and the Gut Check guys (Alex Silva & Sam Shaw) didn't do much to impress. Jimmy Rave got to hit Ghanarhea though! I always liked that move;

i0VszBaFLaxMY.gif

Whatever happened to Matt Bentley/Michael Shane, anyways? I thought he was pretty damn talented back in the day, trained at the Texas Wrestling Academy, the real-life cousin of HBK, got an early start in ECW & FMW in Japan, showed good charisma and had some great matches with Paul London in ROH...then he signed for TNA and I remember fuck all about his run there, so it must have been quite something.

I doubt it, but I'm sure that this guy lives in eternal hope;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC6gDuIB_cE#t=20s

He was the dominant heel of the X-Division for like 2 years, then formed a shitty team with Kaz, turned emo with Raven, then vanished, then would randomly show up for a set of Impact tapings every other year. I think he pretty much retired and started a band or something.

strobogo

Banned
ECW on TNN 1/14/00

Guilty as Charged 2000 results:

C.W. Anderson defeated Mikey Whipwreck
Danny Doring, Amish Roadkill and Simon Diamond defeated Nova, Kid Kash and Jazz
Yoshihiro Tajiri and Super Crazy defeated Little Guido and Jerry Lynn
Angel defeated New Jack
Rob Van Dam defeated Sabu to retain the ECW World Television Championship
The Impact Players defeated Tommy Dreamer and Raven to win the ECW World Tag Team Championship
Mike Awesome defeated Spike Dudley to retain the ECW World Heavyweight Championship

Joel "I once knew this girl from right here in Georgia, some said she was a petite little runt, and while that girl may have been a bit on the small side, that chick had the world's biggest ____(muted)". Cyrus cut the mic at the last second. He came out and got a "You suck dick" chant. The Office was SHOCKED at Joel's comments last week. After an emergency double secret meeting, there are new rules for Joel.

1. The usage of dirty middle names to get yourself over is no longer allowed
2. Sexual innuendo will not be used in general
3. No more smart remarks towards country/Western music. This includes anything related to Dallas, Garth Brooks, Dukes of Hazard, Inbreeding, and ROOOOOLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEERRRRJJJJJJAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!
4. No negative remarks toward ROCKET BOWL! It's like Rock N' Roll Bowling and they have to put it over.

Joey was mouthing Cyrus' promo while he was doing it, which KILLS me because it happens so often in wrestling. How hard is it to follow the promo in your head instead of actually lip the lines of the script until it is your turn?

Super Crazy vs Little Guido

Joel thought Super Crazy was Elian Gonzalez. That topical wrestling humor. I swear these guys have been in a match with each other at least half of these shows. Was the roster really that thin at the time? It's hard to do a write up for the same match over and over. It's the same match. They aren't changing things up at all. Crazy wins with a tornado DDT.

TO GUILTY AS CHARGED.
Fonzie said Sabu would leave ECW if he didn't defeat RVD. He lost, but what, exactly, does "walk out" mean? RVD cut a terrible promo after the PPV bragging about his win.

We're then shown highlights of Dusty Rhodes getting beaten up at GAC by Corino and his group, which now includes Tommy Rich. The locker room cleared out to get Rhino off of him. Corino left with Dusty's hat.

TO THE BACK. Da Baldies say this thing with New Jack isn't over. "My heart don't pump Kool Aid, Jack." Wat.

TO GUILTY AS CHARGED. More recaps.

Tajiri vs Jerry Lynn

This match doesn't matter, because it is all for Joey and Joel to argue and bitch about Cryus. Jerry won with a cradle piledriver and then back to recaps.

This show fucking sucked.

I'm making signs for Raw this monday (which reminded me of my poor art skills). I made a Cesaro one, but I'm also trying to draw up a GAF sign too. Anything else I should write on it besides the symbol?

strobogo

Banned
Surprised Fandango isn't on the list.

Jericho's should be lower. I don't even know if it is a top ten, really. Brock's has been my favorite since day one. Every major debut since him has basically been trying to recreate that.

Kaladin

I'm watching How To Destroy Angels from Coachella till CZW's Best of the Best XII starts....anyone else watching CZ Dub with me?

Aiii

So not worth it
So, is Jeff back on drugs or is this just what happens when you're too old and get a TNA heavyweight title?

Top Bottom