• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Razorskin

----- ------
Holy
Fuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qL9BYGRGvs&feature=endscreen

"THE REAL VANILLA GORILLA"

EDIT: new page, special Kane/SoulPlaya edition

Ej5h533.jpg

At least Ryback did better than the Miz there...

Anth0ny

Hello, everyone!

Sorry for my long absence, but I've been dealing with some family issues, school, and some important life decisions. In the midst of it all, I felt like I was relying too strongly on GAF for an escape, and I decided to quit cold turkey. That's just fucked up to you guys, though, and I miss a bunch of you, so I just wanted to post and say that I'm fine, sorry for just disappearing. This is the first time I've checked this place out in months.

Sunny, I got your PM, and I'll be sure to watch the show. Thanks for the amazing work. I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

BAH GAWD HE'S BACK

best return since lesnar :)

bangai-o

Banned
can someone post the Sin Cara point gif where he pointed at (i think) Damien Sandow backstage and he sold it? Rey and Cody were there too.

i was thinking about that gif at work tonight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is that. . . . .?

*sheds a tear*

BTW, sunny, I can't find the show on your link. :(

Alas - that link was only valid for a few days after the broadcast. Twitch.tv has eaten it :(

Someone could tell you the tale of when Soulplaya led Perspicacity, McNei1y, and Bootaaay to face Bishoptl, Evilore, Laserfrog (the turncoat!) and Blackace...

Here's a tidbit - y'all went to the Octagon and had MMA-style fights. It was a good night.

So since soul is back, can we have GWF back too?

I think we should wrap up the storyline since he's back.

jred2k

It would suck to come back to this thread after several months. As much as I know its impossible, a small part of me would want to read all the posts I missed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
XTREME
not Extreme
XTREME

I also begin to wonder if Corona sponsors all the lucha/MMA stuff that they do or if people just put it up there because they like it. Kind of like those vintage coke signs.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Alas - that link was only valid for a few days after the broadcast. Twitch.tv has eaten it :(

Someone could tell you the tale of when Soulplaya led Perspicacity, McNei1y, and Bootaaay to face Bishoptl, Evilore, Laserfrog (the turncoat!) and Blackace...

Here's a tidbit - y'all went to the Octagon and had MMA-style fights. It was a good night.

I think we should wrap up the storyline since he's back.
tumblr_mkdl06J46L1rt0n8fo1_500.jpg

Let's do it!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching Owen matches using youtube's tape mode.

It's as if I actually recorded it myself! Except I don't have to periodically hit the VCR.
tumblr_ml25y263kp1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

#realheel

I always believed in you SoulPlaya. When everyone around here was saying you were never coming back, I believed. I BELIEVED MAN! BRODUS AND I BELIEVED! WE DID IT! WE DID IT, MAN!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I always believed in you SoulPlaya. When everyone around here was saying you were never coming back, I believed. I BELIEVED MAN! BRODUS AND I BELIEVED! WE DID IT! WE DID IT, MAN!
Yeah, I always said that I would stop posting when med school starts for me, but I think it's better to just tone down my amount of posting and lurking, instead.

Thanks for believing, man!

Are you guys pretending that Kane is the best wrestler in the world now that Soulplaya is back? We all know Cena needs some loving too.

bangai-o

Banned
do Japanese wrestling events usually have elderly in the audience? My grandma likes watching Raw, but seriously doubt i could get her to go to watch it in person.

Yeah, it's usually a pretty diverse mix of people and ages in Japanese wrestling crowds - if you go back and watch stuff from the 70s and earlier though, the crowds are almost entirely made up of middle aged businessmen in suits and the occasional wife/girlfriend wearing kimonos. That changed somewhat in the 80s, with a younger audience getting more interested in wrestling.

Jamie OD

It also depends on the promotion now. Dragon Gate in Japan tends to get a majority female audience (it's funny just how different the target audiences are between Japan and DGUSA), the New Japan audience is getting younger thanks to their recent popularity and All Japan's audience is a little bit older than the average crowd.

Aiii

So not worth it
SOULPLAYA RETURNS! WORLDS COLLIDE!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/360/b/7/b79bd75f8f698e5518861026a7821001-d4kccpm.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ponies? Ponies!

[QUOTE][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/f93edb3310bed5a25bb64e26d2e5e50b/tumblr_ml3hem194C1qi9xcao1_r1_400.png

Yeah, it's usually a pretty diverse mix of people and ages in Japanese wrestling crowds - if you go back and watch stuff from the 70s and earlier though, the crowds are almost entirely made up of middle aged businessmen in suits and the occasional wife/girlfriend wearing kimonos. That changed somewhat in the 80s, with a younger audience getting more interested in wrestling.

weren't the folks in the 70's the ones who grew up watching Rikidozan?

original Tiger Mask brought a lot of young viewers back in the day.

hertog

At least I can look forward to some disturbing Kane-fanart :)

I'm actually gonne watch RAW tonight to see if we're gonna get a copycat audience.

Striker

I agree they aren't the same thing but I hope they push Fandango to the moon. It's refreshing to have somebody who isnt another bland generic oversized muscle freak and one with an actual character that harks back to the olden days.

So he'll inevitably get squashed by Cena this week.
They've have real good midcard characters in guys like Sandow and Rhodes (Dashing, Grotesque, now sporting a great 'stache), but they've done next to little with them in singles unless they're wrestling filler like Ryder, Santino, or Kofi). Shockingly enough, the IC title felt like it meant something with Rhodes because he treated it as such.

Nebula

Are you guys pretending that Kane is the best wrestler in the world now that Soulplaya is back? We all know Cena needs some loving too.

Cena doesn't need loving at all. If you believed Jerry Lawler, he is the most loved man in WWE and the crowds cheer him all the time and chant "Lets Go Cena"

Damn my avatar.

Also welcome back Soul. I would post some Kane fan art but I'm at work.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Edit: The rumour about WWE holding the Raw after Wrestlemania XXX at the same stadium got me to wondering if they could even come close to filling it and then naturally what has been the best attendance for a Raw. 41,000 or so in attendance for a Raw taping as best I can find is their biggest yet and that was at the Toronto Skydome which held 68,237 when Wrestlemania was held at it. I guess they could make it seem worth it

Would be nice, even though it's only due to being the "pre-show" to PPVs in the past, it can't be that great of a feeling that Sunday Night Heat always managed to hold the record for biggest attendance for a WWE weekly show rather then the main one.

do Japanese wrestling events usually have elderly in the audience? My grandma likes watching Raw, but seriously doubt i could get her to go to watch it in person.

There was something quite charming and wonderful about seeing grandparents and their grandchildren whenever I attended an Osaka Pro event. All smiles that.

I always wish I could have had something like that with my grandmother since she was such a fan, but alas British wrestling in the 80s and 90s were mostly in areas or pubs she would never wish to go. Still, she told some wonderful stories of when she was a child with her grandfather seeing Atholl Oakeley win his first title together.

I remember seeing plenty of elderly in attendance from the States as well since I started watching old recordings. WWE had that particularly loved old lady at Madison Square Garden each wrestler would say hello to and even in the attitude era you could sometimes randomly catch sight of one singing along to the New Age Outlaws entrance, Von Erichs were loved by grandmothers and grandfathers for being "such sweet boys" and "fine young men", and it wasn't that far of a stretch when WCW decides to make a plant using one against Hogan.
Maybe that's what's really missing from WWE that it now lacks from the 80s and 90s. Little old ladies addicted to their wrestling "stories" with more interesting and devotion to it then any of us could ever hope to match.

jmdajr

Hello, everyone!

Sorry for my long absence, but I've been dealing with some family issues, school, and some important life decisions. In the midst of it all, I felt like I was relying too strongly on GAF for an escape, and I decided to quit cold turkey. That's just fucked up to you guys, though, and I miss a bunch of you, so I just wanted to post and say that I'm fine, sorry for just disappearing. This is the first time I've checked this place out in months.

Sunny, I got your PM, and I'll be sure to watch the show. Thanks for the amazing work. I'm sorry I couldn't be there.

I hope you can find enjoyment from Gaf in moderation while meeting your responsibilities.
It's cool though, no one was judging... at all.

tumblr_mbsqk582Xj1rg6w90o1_1280.jpg

Kyoufu

Anyone else hyped for Raw? I know it won't be as good as last week's but hey, there may still be remnants of the Wrestlemania crowd.

strobogo

Banned
I'm hyped to see how much they'll shove Fandango's music down our throats and/or have Cena/HHH make fun of him for no reason in a promo. I expect to see at least Cole dancing and humming the theme tonight.

Top Bottom