• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Nebula

I'm going to take a guess and say that the Wrestlemania crowd moved on after the Smackdown tapings. A weeks stay sure isn't going to be cheap, especially for europeans who I think played a large part in the crowd we saw on Raw.

Kyoufu

I'm going to take a guess and say that the Wrestlemania crowd moved on after the Smackdown tapings. A weeks stay sure isn't going to be cheap, especially for europeans who I think played a large part in the crowd we saw on Raw.

Yeah I meant that the crowd tonight will try to emulate last week's crowd.

Like how the YES! chant spread.

Nebula

Yeah I meant that the crowd tonight will try to emulate last week's crowd.

Like how the YES! chant spread.

We might hear Fandangos theme done a few times, and definitely if he makes an appearance. I'm sure WWE are going to run this into the floor though, and not let it grow naturally like they did the Yes chant.
I think.

Sokantish

I'm pretty sure everyone here thought they were trying to kill the Yes! chant by making Bryan shout No! Okay maybe not everyone here thought that

RAW is going to be fucking terrible.

The smart thing would be to avoid the show and upcoming shows, and have last week be my lasting memory of WWE orever.

I should go out on a high, like HBK did.

But no, lets Ric Flair the shit out of RAW tonight. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jmdajr

The thing with the initial Yes chants was that they were cheering Daniel when he's supposed to be a heel.

Now no one actually wants a face Fandango. I don't even think they respect him as a heel.
It's just mockery really. It's the new "You suck" chant. As long as the character stays relevant, it can probably hang around for awhile.

edit: I think I've seen Fandango do MAYBE four Offensive Wrestling moves.
Leg drop, punch, small package, and that face smash thingy.

Sokantish

RAW is going to be fucking terrible.

The smart thing would be to avoid the show and upcoming shows, and have last week be my lasting memory of WWE orever.

I should go out on a high, like HBK did.

But no, lets Ric Flair the shit out of RAW tonight. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's the spirit, WOOOOOO!

jmdajr

Unrelated. So I guess some dipshits stole the A/C unites from the daycare my daughter goes to. Never underestimate the shittiness of people.

Ithil

I'm pretty sure everyone here thought they were trying to kill the Yes! chant by making Bryan shout No! Okay maybe not everyone here thought that

They did try. Instead of going with what the crowd wanted, they kept him as a heel and kept trying to pretend the fans were "mocking" Bryan by going YES, even though they were going DANIEL BRYAN in the same matches. Pretty weak.

strobogo

Banned
They did try. Instead of going with what the crowd wanted, they kept him as a heel and kept trying to pretend the fans were "mocking" Bryan by going YES, even though they were going DANIEL BRYAN in the same matches. Pretty weak.

Yeah, but he still does that even though he's been a face since late last Summer. It's pretty much the same as Angle getting YOU SUCK chants at his music, even when he was a face.

jmdajr

South Carolina is going to be anti-hype, dark hype. Can't wait to see the little jimmies with their outdated Jonathan Cena swag.

John Felix Anthony Cena

Wow, I didn't know that was his REAL name.

who we have here..

born as-

Kurt Angel
Bret Hart
David Michael "Dave" Bautista, Jr
Brock Edward Lesna
Randal Keith "Randy" Orton
Mark Jerrold Henry

Anyone catch the new British wrestling round-up show on Challenge TV last night? Nice to see British wrestling back on TV in some form;

BCW British Wrestling Round-up - 14th of April, 2013

This episode features a three-way match from NGW between Rampage Brown, Nathan Cruz & El Ligero, highlights of a money in the bank match from PCW and a tag match from IPW:UK as Johnny Storm & Dean Allmark take on the LDRS of the New School, 'Party' Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr. Plus, a tag match from the archives featuring Doug Williams and Mitsuharu Misawa.

jred2k

While watching Smackdown Friday I came to the conclusion that Cena's new shirts are yellow so that when they pan over the crowd it looks like the people wearing GTS shirts are actually in Cena gear. Its diabolical.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone catch the new British wrestling round-up show on Challenge TV last night? Nice to see British wrestling back on TV in some form;

This episode features a three-way match from NGW between Rampage Brown, Nathan Cruz & El Ligero, highlights of a money in the bank match from PCW and a tag match from IPW:UK as Johnny Storm & Dean Allmark take on the LDRS of the New School, 'Party' Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre Jr. Plus, a tag match from the archives featuring Doug Williams and Mitsuharu Misawa.

Watching this right now. It's not bad so far - the lighting is really neat to me. The ringwork is great of course but I'm really taken by the lighting.

Kaladin

Interesting looking iPPV coming up this Sunday:

The new World Wrestling League promotion headed by Richard Negrin and Hugo Savinovich will make its official debut this Sunday 4/21 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The event will be carried on iPPV at Highspots.com and will feature the following announced lineup:

*Ricky “El Mesias” Banderas vs “Texano Jr” (c) – AAA Mega Championship match

*Blue Demon Jr. vs Oliver John (c) – California’s New Revolution World title match

*20 Man Battle Royal to crown the first WWL World Champion featuring Bobby Lashley, Prince Al Farat and more names to be announced.

*TNA Superstars in action: Samoa Joe & “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce vs “Bad Influence” - Kazarian & Christopher Daniels

*“Cowboy” James Storm vs Bobby Roode

*Ivelisse Velez vs Alyssa Flash – PWR Women’s World title match

*Monster Pain w/ Mistress Glenda Lee vs Giant Demento

*“Los Mamitos” Sexy B. & Mr. E. vs “Los Mega-10” Panama-Jack Daniels & Mega-Star

*Mini’s in action: Mini Chupa-Cabra vs Mini Pierroth

* In a wrestling classic: Steve Corino vs Colt Cabana

*Rico Cassanova (c) vs “Tokyo Monster” Kahagas – DWE World title match

*Deadly Fatal Four-Way – For Mexico’s ZERO 1 title: “Hijo de Rey Mysterio” vs Octagon Jr vs Axel “El Nieto del Santo” vs “El Sicodelico Jr.”

*Mexico’s “Royal Air Force” - Laredo Kid, “Hombre Sin Miedo” & Estelaris vs “Mr 450” Hammett, Noriega & “Lince Dorado”

*Hercules Gomez (c) vs “Face of Fear” Ash – Pennsylvania WXW title match

*“S.A.T’s” Joel Savinovich & Jose Cabrera vs Erick Scorpion & Michael Tarver

*Cruzz (c) vs “License to Thrill” Nick Romano – Mid-West US title match

The only bad part of it is, the TNA talents will not be on iPPV.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
John Felix Anthony Cena

Wow, I didn't know that was his REAL name.

who we have here..

born as-

Kurt Angel
Bret Hart
David Michael "Dave" Bautista, Jr
Brock Edward Lesna
Randal Keith "Randy" Orton
Mark Jerrold Henry

Did you know that Bo Dallas isn't his real name??? Taylor Michael Rotunda is.
Did you know that Heath Slater isn't his real name? Heath Miller is.
Did you know that Michael McSillyPutty isn't his real name? Mr. Imperfect is.

I looked at WrassleTalk, then stopped. Missed there was something other than Catchphrase on later.

jmdajr

Did you know that Bo Dallas isn't his real name??? Taylor Michael Rotunda is.
Did you know that Heath Slater isn't his real name? Heath Miller is.
Did you know that Michael McSillyPutty isn't his real name? Mr. Imperfect is.

I know about Bo and Silly Putty. Didn't know about Miller. Why?
Never been brought up really.

Wonder how much goes into deciding who gets to keep their name, besides embarrassing your Father's legacy.

Like Kaitlyn. I guess they didn't want people Googling Celeste Bonin.

jred2k

Wonder how much goes into deciding who gets to keep their name, besides embarrassing your Father's legacy.

I think it all comes back to Vince wanting to own their names. I'm not sure exactly how the law works, but I imagine they can be blocked from using a stage name. It would be much hard/impossible to prove copyright on someone's legal name.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

or Živilė Raudonienė. WWE fans are way too stupid and easlily confused to say that name. Aksana, it looks like Arkansas a bit so it's fine.

somedevil

Upcoming Raw Tapings till Extreme Rules:

4/15: Greensville Sc
4/22: London England
4/29: Columbus Ohio
5/6: Roanoke Va
5/13: Tulsa OK

Other than England I wonder if any of the other crowds will be good.

jred2k

Theres going to be a Raw and Smackdown from Calgary and Edmonton at the end of May. Hopefully those crowds can pick up some slack if these other cities suck.

Kyoufu

Too bad the England one won't be live. Damn timezones :(

Really hate taped shows.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Ugh, those are all Lil' Jimmy central. And, with that London show being taped, any great crowd reactions are going to get piped down.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Nothing too amazing, but all in all solid enough to be enjoyable. I do so hope it keeps enough interest and viewers.

Looking forward to RAW tonight. Hopw WWE does the right thing
and buries the crap out of Fandango's theme song craze

I sense a pedigree in Fandangoo's future.

Vickie Guerrero, Paul Hymen, Michael Cole, Hornswoggle, and Ron Simmons (for the DAMN!) show up and start humming and dancing to the song. With recaps later that night, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, NXT, Experience, and every single clip show at the house shows for the next six months.

Why hello there.

I need to take a walk.

G.I. Joe crossed 100 million in the U.S. and 160 overseas.

300 million gross very possible.

I think Pain and Gain and F6 are probably guaranteed hits.

It's crazy that yes, they shoved his movie commercials down our throats, but the fact he's a big Hollywood star was sort of low key. It really should've been part of his character like before (maybe not in a heel way).

And, man-O-man, they're going to shove the popularity of Fandango's theme down our throat. Look at the viral videos, look at what's trending on twitter, etc.

Top Bottom