• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

somedevil

Now imagine Punk showing up on Impact next week.

I'll bet you the ratings would soar. The only reason WCW ever got big is because they had several of the biggest WWF stars come in in the mid-90's.

And no, a drugged out Jeff Hardy doesn't count. Bubba Ray wasn't at the height of his popularity either. You need several top WWE stars to jump ship and people would definitely tune in for that.

Then WCW crashed and burned. You basically admitted they failed creating there own stars. They had one with Samoa Joe but they blew it. Buying WWE talent won't save them. They need to build there own stars.

dream

bhxsjgciaakbx2jpglarge.jpg

002_cm_punk.0_standard_500.0.jpg

cmpunk-ufc.jpg

I believe.

There's a whole damn year for them to build shit - feuds don't have to be done with in a months time, you can draw it out as long as you need with clever writing, good wrestling and logical booking. It's just lazy. All those damn writers and creative staff? And they're mainly booking stuff on a month to month basis?

Wrestling was better when one person had the book, not a whole department of college grads and hack TV writers with no frame of reference.

We live in an ADD society. The average wrasslin' fan can't follow an angle for months and months unless it involves a couple of huge stars (like Cena & Rocky). Short attention spans and a myriad of other options for entertainment make it difficult to have lengthy build-ups.

hlhbk

Hey I agree with you. I think this is real guys.

Um it has been known he was taking time off for weeks. If you believe its real you are feeling what the Best In The World wants you to feel.

With Punk being off this is the last pro wrestling event I will watch till he returns.

Aiii

So not worth it
Then WCW crashed and burned. You basically admitted they failed creating there own stars. They had one with Samoa Joe but they blew it. Buying WWE talent won't save them. They need to build there own stars.

If they're not getting ratings, growing talent is not even going to matter.

We live in an ADD society. The average wrasslin' fan can't follow an angle for months and months unless it involves a couple of huge stars (like Cena & Rocky). Short attention spans and a myriad of other options for entertainment make it difficult to have lengthy build-ups.

They can air a video package every 2-4 weeks recapping the feud, you know how they love their video packages

Gorillaz

Wait...there still is a Diva's division? holy shit this is the first time I actually seen the diva's champ since I started watching WWe again

Aiii

So not worth it
Kaitlyn should be fighting AJ damnit.

Remember that feud, you did for one week before WrestleMania, idiots.

strobogo

Banned
Punk being off TV until Summerslam or later is DEATH for Raw, since he is almost always in the one saving segment of the show unless Bork is around or D-Bryne gets a decent lengthed match.

Aiii

So not worth it
So happy they're doing this divas match though, this crowd really needed a moment to cool down after being so hot for the past 2:45h

Punk being off TV until Summerslam or later is DEATH for Raw, since he is almost always in the one saving segment of the show unless Bork is around or D-Bryne gets a decent lengthed match.

With Punk gone, they need to elevate Bryan with a quickness or I can see this getting hard to watch

Top Bottom