• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Sokantish

I will say I'd rather watch Kane do his stupid fire thing over some of the stuff on RAW. But only because I love watching B Dazzle's reaction to it

The Kane/Punk/Bryan/AJ feud was pretty great all around and of the Punk/Bryan PPV matches I would put the 3-way at No Way Out only slightly behind (or maybe even with) their singles match at Over The Limit.
Most of this was Punk and Bryan being awesome but I'll freely admit that Kane was a welcome addition to that match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Strongman wasting his time with smaller people:

3u7pvcE.jpg

The only thing commendable about the end of last night's show is that Cena didn't make a improv joke about Ryback's nip slip. I saw him looking at it and I thought HERE COMES CORNY CENA, but for some reason he held back. I guess he was satisfied with stealing D. Brine's propensity for calling Reeves "The Ryback". Even though he bombed hard with that.

strobogo

Banned
You know, back in the day, most of the best promo guys did their best work backstage in pre-tapes and interviews. Every promo being done in the ring in front of a live crowd wasn't really a thing until the mid 90s. Being a good live promo guy didn't really matter as much.

jmdajr

You know, back in the day, most of the best promo guys did their best work backstage in pre-tapes and interviews. Every promo being done in the ring in front of a live crowd wasn't really a thing until the mid 90s. Being a good live promo guy didn't really matter as much.

reads*

Yup

jred2k

I wouldn't mind seeing more from the back/pre-recorded interviews. I get that might not be too entertaining for the live crowd, but the promos in the ring don't seem to be either. Most of the times the crowd is just dead and it feels like watching a comedian bomb for an extended time. Pre-recorded promos would give people time to create their persona and build a little confidence. These dead crowds just make everything seem like it isn't working.

UberTag

Via satellite Ryback? Really? That's awesome and unexpected. The guy seems to be really smart I want to see them let him talk. I'm going to have to catch this promo somewhere.
It's up on YouTube. Just finished watching it myself. Reeves did an admirable job with it. So did the video crew.
And now you get to enjoy it without having to suffer through watching the rest of RAW. Good for you!

I'm happy to see SoulPlaya is back. He always entertains us with Kane factoids and GIFs whenever the WWE is on a downswing and uninteresting.

jred2k

How did I find myself peddling Alison Brie smut? Damn NeoGAF. I'm sticking to WrassleGAF.

Putting out a PM invite with all the hormones swirling in that thread was asking for it. Like throwing chum to hungry sharks.

Also, I was just happy to see/hear a Ryback promo where he didn't sound exasperated. Most of them have been after hes had a match and he just sound hoarse and out of breath then.

Ithil

Putting out a PM invite with all the hormones swirling in that thread was asking for it. Like throwing chum to hungry sharks.

Also, I was just happy to see/hear a Ryback promo where he didn't sound exasperated. Most of them have been after hes had a match and he just sound hoarse and out of breath then.

I kind of meant like ONE, though. It's new to me.

Ithil

Remember Rock buying a ticket then coming out from the titantron with his music playing and everything? How was that meant to make sense?

jred2k

Remember Rock buying a ticket then coming out from the titantron with his music playing and everything? How was that meant to make sense?

I don't know why he even bothered buying a ticket. Hes been around for long enough to know that WWE hires the absolute most incompetent security guards they can find. He could have gone through 20 off them easily if they tried to stop him. I know that cause I've played Rockpocalypse.

Ithil

I've also played Wrestlemania XIX on the Gamecube. Waves and waves of guards, many of whom I killed by throwing them off cranes, buildings or in front of speeding cars. All to get a Wrestlemania title match.

What an odd game.

Something shitty. We better all hope Punk isn't gone too long, because with Brock probably gone after Extreme Rules that already thin roster is going to start looking REALLY thin.

Reminds me of 2007, you know the year with Cena's super reign, a lack of worthwhile opponents so he just gobbled up all the mid carders he could find until he was mercifully injured.

Top Bottom