• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Aiii

So not worth it
Something shitty. We better all hope Punk isn't gone too long, because with Brock probably gone after Extreme Rules that already thin roster is going to start looking REALLY thin.

Roster isn't thin, that's bullshit.

If you meant to say there's not enough established stars fine, but their roster isn't thin.

I've also played Wrestlemania XIX on the Gamecube. Waves and waves of guards, many of whom I killed by throwing them off cranes, buildings or in front of speeding cars. All to get a Wrestlemania title match.

What an odd game.

The barge level is one of my favourite things.

Roster isn't thin, that's bullshit.

The roster isn't all that thin, yet there are too many guys who have good talent, but are suffering from failed pushes or a need to be repackaged - this is shit that takes time, though, it's not something solved overnight. One of the biggest problems, as many of us have lamented at length, is the sheer meaninglessness of the mid-card and below. Nothing matters on that level, so why should it matter when any of those guys get bumped up to the main event? It doesn't matter and, consequently, nothing meaningful or even useful is achieved.

Pavaloo

Crowds are dead.

And WWE killed it.

Eh it's like a concert. Crowds make it. For example, last night's sucked. I'm sure it's because of how Cena friendly that crowd is with kids and whatnot, but again, I compare it to a concert. It's always been the reason for bad show whenever I've gone to one.

Ithil

The barge level is one of my favourite things.

Four player matches in the parking lot next to the road full of speeding cars was my favourite (second were the shipyard levels). We used to go Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair as our go to four player picks.

jmdajr

Eh it's like a concert. Crowds make it. For example, last night's sucked. I'm sure it's because of how Cena friendly that crowd is with kids and whatnot, but again, I compare it to a concert. It's always been the reason for bad show whenever I've gone to one.

Made the comparison earlier. I think it's fair assessment.

Aiii

So not worth it
The roster isn't all that thin, yet there are too many guys who have good talent, but are suffering from failed pushes or a need to be repackaged - this is shit that takes time, though, it's not something solved overnight. One of the biggest problems, as many of us have lamented at length, is the sheer meaninglessness of the mid-card and below. Nothing matters on that level, so why should it matter when any of those guys get bumped up to the main event? It doesn't matter and, consequently, nothing meaningful or even useful is achieved.

Fire creative, all of them and bring back old school bookers, one per show, with an assistant or two.

That's all they need to do. That's it and they're good to go with this roster.

Kaladin

Roster isn't thin, the main event level is thin. The tag division is thin. WWE has mid card, upper mid card and developmental talent out the ass but they don't use them like they should.

jred2k

Its pretty amazing Vince has been a promoter for so long, yet still seems to have no long-term thinking. Hopefully once Cena has to retire and they realize they have no one to replace him it will be a wake up call. At 35 he should be starting to get in to a "put over the younger guys" role, but the way Ryback is shaping up he seems pretty content to just continue his same old shit routine.

McNei1y

I laughed when Ryback said people wished Cena were injured more often.

I cheered to that lol.

But I'm honestly confused with they way they handle the roster. Why have Cesaro lose to Kofi after not giving him a match in three weeks... and then why have Barrett lose in a match with Truth after regaining the title. Where are they going with this? It's bullshit.

Ithil

Its pretty amazing Vince has been a promoter for so long, yet still seems to have no long-term thinking. Hopefully once Cena has to retire and they realize they have no one to replace him it will be a wake up call. At 35 he should be starting to get in to a "put over the younger guys" role, but the way Ryback is shaping up he seems pretty content to just continue his same old shit routine.

Cena is 36 later this month. It's absurd. There's not even a tiny hint of him slowing down or cooling off as tired overpushed face of the company, it appears that we're getting the same old shit until further notice.

Main event, tag team, and Diva's division are all painfully thin. The only one's that aren't are the mid card titles where the champions lose every week. There is talent on the roster, but instead of putting in the time to rebuild and establish some of these guys, they will just elevate them overnight and it will fail (Del Rio, Swagger, etc). The next guy this will happen to will be Fandango

Four player matches in the parking lot next to the road full of speeding cars was my favourite (second were the shipyard levels). We used to go Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair as our go to four player picks.
Reverse the order (shipyard cage match then parking lot rundown) and that's the top two for me in multiplayer as well.
I remember evading a Goldberg spear to save myself and simultaneously have Berger Boy eliminated for spearing into the path of a car, it was a magical moment.

WWE need to set up a deal with Sky Sports to spend 4 weeks in UK. During these 4 weeks, UK gets 4 live RAWs that air live at 8PM GMT in the UK.

These RAWs take place in

Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London
Odyssey Arena, Belfast
Echo Arena, Liverpool
Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Glasgow

This builds up the a PPV at Wembley (or one of the big football stadiums) that also airs at 8PM.

Give the US a break. Embrace the UK crowd. Who with me? Lets mark to Connecticut. Wooo

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why is Ryback slanted?

OQsTY09.png

WWE need to set up a deal with Sky Sports to spend 4 weeks in UK. During these 4 weeks, UK gets 4 live RAWs that air live at 8PM GMT in the UK.

These RAWs take place in

Earls Court Exhibition Centre, London
Odyssey Arena, Belfast
Echo Arena, Liverpool
Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Glasgow

This builds up the a PPV at Wembley (or one of the big football stadiums) that also airs at 8PM.

Give the US a break. Embrace the UK crowd. Who with me? Lets mark to Connecticut. Wooo

I don't think the WWE roster would be with you

BFIB

Good to see WWE burying Fandango into the ground already.

And I'm assuming HHH felt that WM wasn't burying Lesnar enough? If he's supposed to be this "unstoppable force" how come everyone beats him?

Ithil

WWE's roster, counting developmental, is actually excellent, one of the best in the world. That they can't get a SINGLE division/title on the card to be used competently, is a little embarrassing.

Good to see WWE burying Fandango into the ground already.

And I'm assuming HHH felt that WM wasn't burying Lesnar enough? If he's supposed to be this "unstoppable force" how come everyone beats him?

Brock will be getting his win back after HHH got his win back on the bigger stage, just stupid

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
WWE's roster, counting developmental, is actually excellent, one of the best in the world. That they can't get a SINGLE division/title on the card to be used competently, is a little embarrassing.
I've said it before, it's not a talent issue and it never has been, it's purely booking.

Highspots have a $5 DVD sale going at the moment - lots of nice stuff included, ROH, PWG, CZW, ECW, bunch of shoot interviews & documentaries, etc;

http://www.highspots.com/c/april_2013_sale.html

Just grabbed the PWS Wrestle Reunion show (El Generico & Great Sasuke teaming together!), a PWX show featuring Jerry Lawler vs Matt Classic, ECW Ultra Clash 1993 and an Ultimo Dragon mask, which entitled me to get the NWA History & Tradition documentary set for $5! Nice deal.

Finally saw the Ryback promo, awesome stuff god damn.

This made me decide to hunt it down.

Why do heels always have to be 100% in the right with this company? Punk is the only bad guy recently who actually deserved to get beaten up but even that only lasted for a month.

Yeah it wasn't bad. Made him look like a monster who had serious reason to have beef with Cena. That is until the end of the show where he stood in the ring for ten minutes while Cena called him a bitch and then he walked away. One step forward, two steps back, WWE booking at it's best.

Pavaloo

This made me decide to hunt it down.

Why do heels always have to be 100% in the right with this company? Punk is the only bad guy recently who actually deserved to get beaten up but even that only lasted for a month.

They need to make a mega staple. Aces and eights style. ALL THE HEELS, lead by JBL. Zeb Colter can be his second hand man/Teddy Long. They'll be called "THE SENSE MAKERS"

Yeah it wasn't bad. Made him look like a monster who had serious reason to have beef with Cena. That is until the end of the show where he stood in the ring for ten minutes while Cena called him a bitch and then he walked away. One step forward, two steps back, WWE booking at it's best.

Yeah, but he watched Cena get beat down maliciously and didn't save him. Also: BOOM

Aiii

So not worth it
This is the current advertised card for the Raw Euro tour.
WWE Title - Tables match: Cena vs Ryback
World Title: Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan
Kane vs Big E.
Kaitlyn vs AJ
Cesaro vs Kofi

*squeels*

Highspots have a $5 DVD sale going at the moment - lots of nice stuff included, ROH, PWG, CZW, ECW, bunch of shoot interviews & documentaries, etc;

http://www.highspots.com/c/april_2013_sale.html

Just grabbed the PWS Wrestle Reunion show (El Generico & Great Sasuke teaming together!), a PWX show featuring Jerry Lawler vs Matt Classic, ECW Ultra Clash 1993 and an Ultimo Dragon mask, which entitled me to get the NWA History & Tradition documentary set for $5! Nice deal.

No Maven shoot??? On that PWS show keep an eye out for the special guest ring announcer. Marty talks over him some but he's pretty golden.

Damn, I really loved it. Drop the RVD tights and give me more of this. I'm fine with taped promos if that's what guys need to deliver.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aiii, how can you get excited for a WWE event?

Because they aren't booked by WWE Creative.

Because this is the first time WWE is coming to the Netherlands. Ever.

Because I get to see AJ wrestle.

Because I get to see Bryan vs Ziggler.

Because I like wrestling.

Ithil

This is the current advertised card for the Raw Euro tour.

*squeels*

I'm seeing this on Friday. TWO World title matches? Crazy.

The SD one just doesn't have a World title match, or what? I'm disappointed no Shield, though. Maybe they'll be in the WWE title match.

strobogo

Banned

I think they're more like a half step forward, 5-10 steps back. Their booking of Cena is so weird where they always book his opponent as cooler and full of good points, until it gets to physical confrontations and then he's ultimate bad ass and greatest human ever. He plays up being this nerdy by golly kind of guy, but he's clearly such an asshole to all of his co workers, people call him out on it in every feud, but they keep up the by golly stuff like 20 dudes over the past 6 years haven't made these strong points repeatedly.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm seeing this on Friday. TWO World title matches? Crazy.

The SD one just doesn't have a World title match, or what? I'm disappointed no Shield, though. Maybe they'll be in the WWE title match.

Shield isn't advertised for either show, so they'll pop up somewhere, with the Kane/Bryan and Cena/Ryback stuff I'm sure they'll be at Raw.

SD is getting NAO vs. Rhodes Scholars.

Ithil

Cena is the worst because he either ignores all parts of the story, or he attacks his opponent's character. Not in-character, I mean he attacks their gimmick and standing.

Like saying "Del Rio isn't really rich, he just rents those cars, he doesn't know the names of the cars"? That just buries Del Rio's gimmick. You could have said something like "he owns dozens of cars and doesn't know the names of any of them, you're just an arrogant, vain rich guy", that's in character but still puts Del Rio across as a dickhead.

Or attacking CM Punk for not main eventing PPVs or getting to end the show as the WWE champion...because CENA was overpushed in favour of him. Yet it's given to Cena to use as "ammo", as though it was Punk's fault?

And now, he calls Ryback a bitch, tells everyone he's boring, and Ryback has to walk away and not kick Cena's teeth down his throat as he would to anyone else, in character?

What a load of garbage.

Shield isn't advertised for either show, so they'll pop up somewhere, with the Kane/Bryan and Cena/Ryback stuff I'm sure they'll be at Raw.

SD is getting NAO vs. Rhodes Scholars.

They'd damn well better. I don't want to end my night with nothing but Cena.

Top Bottom