• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Kaladin

Guys, we need to stop being so depressing in here. It's becoming an endemic. We need to move away from this dynamic. The atmosphere in general needs to lighten up in here.

b9bxosv.gif

Pavaloo

We need to accept our new leader. #RybackRules
rybacknru5w.gif

Off topic, but are there any freeware video editing software you guys can recommend? I want to cut something up at work and don't have premiere pro or windows movie maker :C

Watching the latest Wrestling is Fun! show. Sidney Bakabella proclaimed himself the thumb wrestling champion of the world, only to lose to some kid in the crowd. Total Larry Sweeney moment, but I laughed all the same. Bakabella's pretty awesome.

Don't recall ever seeing this before, a powerbomb turned into a flapjack from Princess Kimber Lee;

icLYLgF3NlpyO.gif

Nice transition out of a wheelbarrow into a bulldog from Saturyne;

iwj3tBUEixC6m.gif

Both girls worked really well here, especially given their relative inexperience, and put on a better match than their first from the month before. Kimber's princess character is fun and she looked good here throwing Saturyne around, while Saturyne seems more confident with every passing match - looking forward to their next encounter.

Juan Francisco De Coranado is up next, really like this guy's character, can't wait until his called up to the main CHIKARA roster.

I remember Colt for being in the most bloody matches in ROH somehow. Seriously, if you make a top 10, he's in there 4 times somehow or at least there the most with Whitmer.

Yeah, he ended up bleeding a LOT, despite the comedy character - the SCS feud with Maff & Whitmer saw him bleed a fair bit, his feud with Homicide, his feud with Jacobs, the Steen & Corino vs Cabana & Generico stuff, etc.

Bowser

Bret Hart said:
"Right now I’m very impressed with Punk. And I’m very impressed with the one guy in The Shield — what’s his name O’Connell, O’Donnell? — Ambrose, that’s it. He’s really good. He’s got it down. He’s such a first-rate thinker on his feet when it comes to his timing, his expressions, his quickness, his deviousness. I love his deviousness! I saw him this past weekend and told him I thought he was great."

:|

Are all the wrestling is.. Run by Quack?

There is like a million of them

Pretty much - they're either run by CHIKARA and use mostly all CHIKARA students, or run by other trainers who use CHIKARA students on the shows. It's a pretty good way for the students to get some exposure and live experience, plus I've found most of the shows well worth the $4.99 asking price, so far. In total, these are all the wrestling is... promotions;

. Wrestling is Fun! - run by Quack & Dasher Hatfield.
. Wrestling is Respect - run by Delirious, used to be his Pro-Wrestling Respect promotion that he set up for ROH students.
. Wrestling is Awesome - I think this one is booked by 3.0, Shane Matthews & Scott Parker.
. Wrestling is Art - run by Tim Donst.
. Wrestling is Cool - no idea who runs this one, but Shark Boy is involved.
. Wrestling is Heart - run in conjuction with the School of Roc training centre.
. Wrestling is Intense - I believe this one is run by Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin.

Bowser said:

He puts over Ambrose AND points out exactly what's wrong with WWE's horrid name generator these days. Nice.

Just once, I'd like to see someone tell Cena to stop calling people out right before the show is almost over.

"Sure I'd like to fight you, you idiot, but the show ends literally in one minute. You always do this, too. What is your problem?"

Finished the Wrestling is Fun! show, assailANT vs Mr. Touchdown and Jaka vs Hallowicked were both pretty great matches. Hallowicked gave a lot to Jaka here and put him over in what's probably Jaka's best match yet, while the main event of assailANT vs Touchdown was good fun and ended on a high as assailANT locked in the CHIKARA Special: Code Blue to force Touchdown to tap away the Wrestling is Fun! banana! Elsewhere, Dasher vs Oleg the Usurper was amusing, with Bakabella having to explain imaginary baseball to the medieval warrior. "What is this madness? I see no ball!", lol.

Nice release German from Jaka;

i82jaFknGYS5H.gif

Counter into a BIG elevated spinebuster from Touchdown;

i9HWbODJwYmlP.gif

assailANT scores with a pump-handle GTS!

ib0QVAtP2XP8rf.gif

Top Bottom