• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Kaladin

Who was asking about sick lariats the other day? Because I was just watching some wXw and Sasa Keel damn near took this kids head off;

ilS75c03KptiJ.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LNAX3esUQ

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

zychi

Banned
I'm guessing, whoever made the call to take the generico guys sign, had no idea generico was referring to the wrestler, and thought it was a slam on the show. Which in all honesty is true. It is very generic.

His buddy getting kicked out probably didn't help his cause either.

Johnny Moss hits a sit-out Tombstone on Jimmy Havoc after a pretty brutal no DQ match;

irGSu0e3OGn8v.gif

Michael Elgin's freaky strength is impressive at the best of times, but even more so when applied to a guy the size of Bad Bones;

i9n3PVTaUZUI9.gif

Bad Bones finishes Elgin off with a HUGE Shadow Driver;

i8a2utZ0wXYYE.gif

That match was a ton of fun, just two heavy-hitters beating the tar out of each other. Up next, Karsten Beck vs Prince Devitt! Really looking forward to this one.

Everyone should play games instead of watching wrestling. Like Soul Hackers.

I'm waiting for Fire Emblem and have little patience for Dark Souls at the moment, so wrestling it is!
SMT sucks

One more week until Dark Arisen hnnnnngggggg

That reminds me, I still need to finish Dragon's Dogma - loved the combat of the game and the exploration, just wish it had a more compelling story.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm waiting for Fire Emblem and have little patience for Dark Souls at the moment, so wrestling it is!
SMT sucks

Yeah I heard you were no good at it. What kind of person doesn't have the salt to finish it? A sad day. And I was going to invade you. Now you're making me want to give you some jolly cooperation.

Yeah I heard you were no good at it. What kind of person doesn't have the salt to finish it? A sad day. And I was going to invade you. Now you're making me want to give you some jolly cooperation.

I got stuck :(

Think I need to roll a new character, one with magic this time. The demon-thing on the bridge in Undead Burg keeps kicking my ass.

*edit, thanks for the DOTA2 invite, btw - not sure when I'll get around to playing it, but I'll give it a go at some point. Heard a lot about it, both good and bad.

Kaladin

Anyone feel like playing some AOEIIHD tonight in about an hour or two? I've played one game against (I think) 7 PC opponents on an all island map and died when I was swarmed by half of them at the same time. So I probably suck at MP.

Kyoufu

Think I need to roll a new character, one with magic this time. The demon-thing on the bridge in Undead Burg keeps kicking my ass.

Climb to the top then jump and press the attack button on it for massive damage. Do this a few times and it dies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

No need to re-roll, you can do anything with anyone. You're at the first 'lil boss. When you go onto the bridge, turn around and go up the tower and deal with those two dudes. After that, go trigger the boss to jump up and haul ass back to the tower and climb up.

From there you have 2 options - go for the diving attack and fight him down on the bridge (you probably won't get a chance to go back up) or stay up top which is fairly safe (ie where you wont fall off) and fight fair with him. If you're having issues farm some souls and level up your stamina so you can take the hits - grab a shield with as close to 100% phys dmg reduction as possible. I think 95% is gettable around there.

*edit, thanks for the DOTA2 invite, btw - not sure when I'll get around to playing it, but I'll give it a go at some point. Heard a lot about it, both good and bad.

It's trash. Throw it out if you can. I'm sick of looking at them :p - despicable game for despicable people.

Go back up the ladder and do a falling stab. Rinse and repeat.

SandowYourWelcome.gif

Sokantish

No need to re-roll, you can do anything with anyone. You're at the first 'lil boss. When you go onto the bridge, turn around and go up the tower and deal with those two dudes. After that, go trigger the boss to jump up and haul ass back to the tower and climb up.

From there you have 2 options - go for the diving attack and fight him down on the bridge (you probably won't get a chance to go back up) or stay up top which is fairly safe (ie where you wont fall off) and fight fair with him. If you're having issues farm some souls and level up your stamina so you can take the hits - grab a shield with as close to 100% phys dmg reduction as possible. I think 95% is gettable around there.
Yeah you could do all this and it'd really help you... or you could play a game that's fun!

I don't actually know if that game is fun or not, but I can tell you Demon's Souls is not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah you could do all this and it'd really help you... or you could play a game that's fun!

If you don't "get" Dark Souls you might as well sell your PC or consoles and give up because you'll forever be a failure in my eyes. Why don't you go do what Bo Jackson is doing now?

Sunflower said:

Yeah, I'd tried dropping down from the tower onto him once, but he jumped up there before I could get a chance and even though I've levelled quite a bit, his attacks are still ruining me - I mainly feel like I need to re-roll because I played a lot of Demon's Souls as a thief and my knight just feels so unwieldy by comparison.

Funny thing was, I breezed through the opening section of the game and was just thinking the game wasn't anywhere near as difficult as Demon's Souls, then this guy comes along and kicks my ass :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'd tried dropping down from the tower onto him once, but he jumped up there before I could get a chance and even though I've levelled quite a bit, his attacks are still ruining me - I mainly feel like I need to re-roll because I played a lot of Demon's Souls as a thief and my knight just feels so unwieldy by comparison.

Funny thing was, I breezed through the opening section of the game and was just thinking the game wasn't anywhere near as difficult as Demon's Souls, then this guy comes along and kicks my ass :p

Yeah the Estus Flask really leveled the playing field. You shouldn't stop now though, it gets GREATO when you get some options on where to go and explore. Also when your playstyle clicks. I usually would run a light armor backstab machine, and not do any magic - but magic will make you famous...

no can do, got company that likes to play games on my PC :|

The biggest story to follow going forward is the WrestleMania buyrate. We don't have an official number and it will be months before we do. However, three different sources this week stated that very early estimates do not, in fact, look good, and one number I was given was downright shocking. Keep in mind that a number this far out can fluctuate wildly, sometimes by hundreds of thousands of buys worldwide. One source noted that WWE's own internal projections were lowered substantially in the final week before the show based on the Elimination Chamber PPV number coming in lower than expected.

From my boy Bryan Alvarez.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't own it, sorry!

He's too busy playing "good games" based off of horrible IPs :p

"Oakland Raiders win Super Bowl!"

btw it's a sad day for NFL fans :( Pat Summerall was a wonderful commentator.

The biggest story to follow going forward is the WrestleMania buyrate. We don't have an official number and it will be months before we do. However, three different sources this week stated that very early estimates do not, in fact, look good, and one number I was given was downright shocking. Keep in mind that a number this far out can fluctuate wildly, sometimes by hundreds of thousands of buys worldwide. One source noted that WWE's own internal projections were lowered substantially in the final week before the show based on the Elimination Chamber PPV number coming in lower than expected.

From my boy Bryan Alvarez.

BUENO

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, nothing wrong with DC man!

The worst publisher. Sadly Valiant Comics had some horrible XO shit on the Genesis or Saturn I think. I love Valiant Comics dearly and the old Gold Key ones too <3

DO YOU LOVE VALIANT, SOKANTISH? Because we could come to an agreeeeement.

Superman sucks as a superhero, Batman is LAME, and Lobo was always a little toilet.

Didn't WWE ensure it won't be a thing anymore?

Vertigo negates any and all of DC's awful. 80's Batman fucking rules though, I won't hear a word against it.

What kind of mark doesn't like 90s japan cyberpunk?

I DO like 90s Japanese cyberpunk, but SMT is dullllllllllllllllllllll. Same goes for Persona.

Incidentally, Cyber City Oedo 808 is pretty much my favourite 90s anime ever; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jd_bZ68Q4 - that, or Guyver.

No can do, I've got to hit the hay shortly. Another time maybe, I also suck at AOIIHD :p - I really need to get used to the unit strategy.

Sokantish

The worst publisher. Sadly Valiant Comics had some horrible XO shit on the Genesis or Saturn I think. I love Valiant Comics dearly and the old Gold Key ones too <3

DO YOU LOVE VALIANT, SOKANTISH? Because we could come to an agreeeeement.

Superman sucks as a superhero, Batman is LAME, and Lobo was always a little toilet.

Didn't WWE ensure it won't be a thing anymore?
Man the only comic I actually read a lot of was the old sonic comics in the early 90s. I did own the Death of Superman though...

EITHER WAY comicbookgirl19 is convincing me that DC is okay with some of those batman comic reviews so I can't really go against her opinion, can I?

Kaladin

You know what is the best thing DC comics does?

Animated features. They're on a fucking roll with those things.

I can't wait for Superman: Unbound.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man the only comic I actually read a lot of was the old sonic comics in the early 90s. I did own the Death of Superman though...

EITHER WAY comicbookgirl19 is convincing me that DC is okay with some of those batman comic reviews so I can't really go against her opinion, can I?

You probably can. If you had to pick just ONE of these titles to try, which would it be?

AKFKDhV.jpg

Goddammit Valiant. Looking away from my rose-tinted glasses...those look lame as hell.

BUT THEY ARENT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably X-Om Manowar only because I totally had the Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal game on my Saturn

Man, that is not a good game, but if it's a good jump-off point, well.

Hang tight pal-o-mine. I'll get you a little sampler to take a gander. Low impact.

WEll I guess we know what their employees were doing instead of creating an entertaining show last night. Thanks a lot assholes.

And fuck those wraith thing in the Londo Ruin in Dark Souls. They should not be able to go through brick walks and fuck my shit up like that.

Pain in the ass till you drain it. Did you drain it?

Here is the line up for the AIW JT Lighting Invitational Tournament on May 24th and 25th in Cleveland. I'm excited about the lineup so far and I really hope that Cole and Gargano have a match with each other.

1. Adam Cole
2. Michael Elgin
3. Tim Donst
4. Davey Vega
5. Matt Cross
6. Gary Jay
7. Rickey Shane Page
8. Ethan Page
9. Louis Lyndon
10. Josh Prohibition
11. Veda Scott
12. Josh Alexander
13. Chris Dickinson
14. Addy Starr
15. Bobby Beverly
16. BJ Whitmer
17. ACH
18. Colin Delaney
19. Nasty Russ Myers
20. Marion Fontaine
21. Johnny Gargano

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Image is the best comic book publisher currently.

And I would have laughed myself out the door if I heard someone say that in the 90s

I'm so hyped about TMNT Out of the Shadows. We need a rasslegaf 4 man group on PS3. dibs on Raph.

and that group will also play Dragon's Crown and D&D collection

Kaladin

Here is the line up for the AIW JT Lighting Invitational Tournament on May 24th and 25th in Cleveland. I'm excited about the lineup so far and I really hope that Cole and Gargano have a match with each other.

1. Adam Cole
2. Michael Elgin
3. Tim Donst
4. Davey Vega
5. Matt Cross
6. Gary Jay
7. Rickey Shane Page
8. Ethan Page
9. Louis Lyndon
10. Josh Prohibition
11. Veda Scott
12. Josh Alexander
13. Chris Dickinson
14. Addy Starr
15. Bobby Beverly
16. BJ Whitmer
17. ACH
18. Colin Delaney
19. Nasty Russ Myers
20. Marion Fontaine
21. Johnny Gargano

iPPV?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nu Valient is pretty good.

also PErsona is aweosme

so much shade being thrown around

I've been reading those, I read the new Solar run and Magnus. REALLY enjoyed Solar. I like em. How are they doing at retail? I'm not too clued into the comic book industry.

Ultratech

Probably X-O Manowar only because I totally had the Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal game on my Saturn

That game is pretty much the only reason I've even heard of X-O Manowar.

A shame about the game though. lol

I need to get past episode 3 of Batman Beyond.

If you can make it to Season 2, it gets better!

Who was asking about sick lariats the other day? Because I was just watching some wXw and Sasa Keel damn near took this kids head off;

ilS75c03KptiJ.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LNAX3esUQ

DAT LARIATO.

Dude nearly got decapitated.

1. Adam Cole
2. Michael Elgin
3. Tim Donst
4. Davey Vega
5. Matt Cross
6. Gary Jay
7. Rickey Shane Page
8. Ethan Page
9. Louis Lyndon
10. Josh Prohibition
11. Veda Scott
12. Josh Alexander
13. Chris Dickinson
14. Addy Starr
15. Bobby Beverly
16. BJ Whitmer
17. ACH
18. Colin Delaney
19. Nasty Russ Myers
20. Marion Fontaine
21. Johnny Gargano

That's a pretty sweet line-up - Veda's in there too? Well...hope she doesn't have to face Elgin, lol. I would dearly love to see Elgin vs Alexander though.

Mr. Sandman said:

Nope, the next AIW iPPV is the Absolution VIII event in June;

http://smvod.com/premium-video/aiw-june-30-2013-live-ippv-absolution-viii-cleveland-oh

Top Bottom