• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There has to be some interest in the card for fans to go, and that has to translate into similar # of buys. I'd argue the buy rate is probably no lower than WM26.

WrestleMania 23 - 1,250,000 (Former Highest Buyrate Record)
WrestleMania XXIV - 1,041,000
WrestleMania XXV - 960,000
WrestleMania XXVI - 885,000
WrestleMania XXVII - 1,042,000
WrestleMania XXVIII - 1,300,000 (Highest Buyrate Record)

28 official figures were lowered to 1.2million so it's lower than 23.

Pavaloo

That's because Big Show is a pleasure.

I have to wait an extra week for my avatar change cause I jumped the gun after one week :(
0sxyNtu.png

TheNatural

My Member!
There has to be some interest in the card for fans to go, and that has to translate into similar # of buys. I'd argue the buy rate is probably no lower than WM26. Lower than 26 and <800k buys would be shocking territory.

WrestleMania 23 - 1,250,000 (Former Highest Buyrate Record)
WrestleMania XXIV - 1,041,000
WrestleMania XXV - 960,000
WrestleMania XXVI - 885,000
WrestleMania XXVII - 1,042,000
WrestleMania XXVIII - 1,300,000 (Highest Buyrate Record)

I'm guessing most of these include a shitload of $10 purchases for Europeans and so on.

XenoRaven

Rock Cena III

HHH Brock VII

Taker vs someone

bunch of bullshit
You forgot Chris Jericho jobbing to someone.

Actually I kind of hope a Jericho WM losing streak becomes a thing. He'll keep losing to crappier and crappier wrestlers until he's jobbing to Hornswoggle.

jred2k

DO NOT GO TO SHIELDGIRLWWE'S SETH ROLLINS ROLEPLAY AT WORK. I WAS SCROLLING THROUGH MADNESS AND COCKS WERE ENTERING MAN BUTTS IN GIF FROM. MY EYES.

UberTag

You forgot Chris Jericho jobbing to someone.

Actually I kind of hope a Jericho WM losing streak becomes a thing. He'll keep losing to crappier and crappier wrestlers until he's jobbing to Hornswoggle.
After losing to Hornswoggle, Jericho will come back the next year and lose to 70-year-old Vince McMahon.

The next year he'll come back and job to his own shadow.
Or that God fellow who no-showed that Backlash match in 2006.

jmdajr

jred2k, What the fuck are you doing man.
Butt for real, if you are into that no one will judge.

edit: Fuck yeah. Opposite of the streak! Too bad Chris has fucked it up with wins along the way.

rvy

Banned

bangai-o

Banned
DO NOT GO TO SHIELDGIRLWWE'S SETH ROLLINS ROLEPLAY AT WORK. I WAS SCROLLING THROUGH MADNESS AND COCKS WERE ENTERING MAN BUTTS IN GIF FROM. MY EYES.

lol

Seth moaned softly. “Slap you? You would like that, wouldn’t you? Freak..” He bit his lip before getting up to his knees and pushing Dean down on the bed. He straddled his fiancee, sliding his hand back down into his boxers and stroked his softly. “How about I just tease you all night ...

et cetera

XenoRaven

The slow motion replay is just brutal.

Wonder what health care benefits look like for these guys. I can't imagine going to a doctor and having to explain that you allowed yourself to be cut by a powered saw or hit with a weed whacker or any of the other stupid things they do.

Ithil

Don't worry folks, Ambrose explained the spot in his shoot interview

The blade of the saw is dull as fuck, the guy holding it put it on his arm and tongue backstage and nothing happened. Ambrose thought the crowd wouldn't buy it, that it was too over the top to be believable, but he was already bleeding and the blade pulled a streak of blood across his forehead making it appear like he'd just been sliced open, and it made the crowd think it was legit. Overall a good spot, but fake as all hell, he wasn't hurt at all by the saw.

Ithil

Roman Reigns is gonna end up being the biggest star out of The Shield.

He's gonna get the biggest push, I don't know if he'll be the biggest star. He may have some hidden charisma, but it's way too early days to tell with him, he's still a rookie.

XenoRaven

Hooray. Fan fiction. Really all we need is some disturbing fan art and this page will be complete.

Hell let's post Sheamus's ass again for old times' sake.

Small flabby physique = IWC darling

But what of Brian Cage and his abs of adamantium?

iMRwo4u0JBQ0u.gif

vferrel said:
Roman Reigns is gonna end up being the biggest star out of The Shield.

I actually agree - once the Shield breaks up I don't see Rollins ever being more than a mid-card/Kofi Kingston sort of guy, while Ambrose COULD be a great heel, but I doubt they'll use him right. Reigns, on the other hand, is big, has a lot of raw talent and shows good intensity. If he continues to improve in the ring, I could see him going far, although his promos leave a lot to be desired.

strobogo

Banned
Reigns had a lot of charisma on NXT. Not the intense, bad ass kind he has now, but more like early Nation Rock. It was much more impressive than his actual ring work, which was pretty basic.

Next PWG champ?

ibhbrCOjoCetY4.gif

iXzeRyF7afDiD.gif

I had thought it was going to be Willie Mack for a while a year or so ago, but he seems to have gone off the boil somewhat. If not Cage, I'd like to see Drake go after the belt.

Ithil

Reigns had a lot of charisma on NXT. Not the intense, bad ass kind he has now, but more like early Nation Rock. It was much more impressive than his actual ring work, which was pretty basic.

I find him very shaky, he's always sounding like he's about to crack in front of a large crowd, which is not good for a tough guy type. Rollins was like this before, but while he's never gonna be Punk on the mic, he has improved immensely in his time in the Shield. Ambrose is of course the definition of complete confidence on the mic.

Roman Reigns has the best look of the Shield in terms of becoming a main eventer but he's still sort of an unknown quantity in my eyes as nothing of his promos have been that exciting and while his spear looks great there hasn't been too much else to him yet.

Ambrose has the potential to be an upper-mid heel, probably Dolph Ziggler level, but maaaaaaybe something like SES Punk where he exists as a top bad guy without being a title contender, but only if they hitch him to the right angle.

Rollins has the Jeff Hardy/Hot Topic crowd on lock, so he doesn't really need to main event but I could imagine him holding the job for a long time.

Ithil

I see no reason why Ambrose shouldn't have the ability to be the top heel of the company. The only reason that would prevent it, is WWE dropping the ball.

There's a top face and a top heel, many guys on the roster can be main eventers but not many can be top face or top heel. Probably under 5 of them.

somedevil

I find it funny that now the Shield is the number 1 heel group in the WWE since Punk now left for his 3 month break. They need to build another top heel now. The problem is who do they have other than turning Orton heel again?

Kaladin

The only thing that would keep Ambrose from being the top heel of the company is CM Punk. He's pretty much solidified himself as top heel of the company as long as he is there, unless they Orton him, but I see no reason for them to.

Top Bottom