• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Cagey

Banned
I actually agree - once the Shield breaks up I don't see Rollins ever being more than a mid-card/Kofi Kingston sort of guy, while Ambrose COULD be a great heel, but I doubt they'll use him right. Reigns, on the other hand, is big, has a lot of raw talent and shows good intensity. If he continues to improve in the ring, I could see him going far, although his promos leave a lot to be desired.

Co-sign.

I admittedly know very little about Rollins, but what I see from him on TV makes me think "meh, another dude". I don't see anything that excites me, whereas the intensity and look of Reigns (plus DAT SPEAR) and the rambling promo delivery and in-ring facial expressions of Ambrose get me excited.

jmdajr

Co-sign.

I admittedly know very little about Rollins, but what I see from him on TV makes me think "meh, another dude". I don't see anything that excites me, whereas the intensity and look of Reigns (plus DAT SPEAR) and the rambling promo delivery and in-ring facial expressions of Ambrose get me excited.

I hear ya ;)

Ithil

The only thing that would keep Ambrose from being the top heel of the company is CM Punk. He's pretty much solidified himself as top heel of the company as long as he is there, unless they Orton him, but I see no reason for them to.

Well Punk is a good 8 years older than Ambrose, all three guys in the Shield are only 26/27, they're all only at the beginning of their careers.

jmdajr

Triple H v. CM Punk v. Dean Ambrose in the ring, all three with mics.

60 minute Iron Man promo.

hhgif_zps46a1840a.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
People bring up Ambrose vs Regal all the time, and while Regal is one of the best wrestling has ever had, it's another match I always think of when it comes to Ambrose.

Dean Ambros vs Damien Sandow FCW 2011 http://youtu.be/8qFD4oelwuM

Watching the latest Wrestling is Fun! show. Sidney Bakabella proclaimed himself the thumb wrestling champion of the world, only to lose to some kid in the crowd. Total Larry Sweeney moment, but I laughed all the same. Bakabella's pretty awesome.

Don't recall ever seeing this before, a powerbomb turned into a flapjack from Princess Kimber Lee;

icLYLgF3NlpyO.gif

Nice transition out of a wheelbarrow into a bulldog from Saturyne;

iwj3tBUEixC6m.gif

Both girls worked really well here, especially given their relative inexperience, and put on a better match than their first from the month before. Kimber's princess character is fun and she looked good here throwing Saturyne around, while Saturyne seems more confident with every passing match - looking forward to their next encounter.

I've found most of the shows well worth the $4.99 asking price, so far. In total, these are all the wrestling is... promotions;

Clearly I've been doing myself a disservice by ignoring these things. I didn't realise they put much effort into them or that low a cost

Vertigo negates any and all of DC's awful.

Fables and all it's spin-offs are the only reason I still read any U.S. comics. I can't give too much love to Vertigo though, since DC decided to get rid of Hellblazer and it's wonderful universe of ageing in real time in place of that new 52 nonsense version.

Hey guys, what time is NXT on on the East coast? Making it my weekly WWE show and taking a break from Raw til the night after PPVs only.

bah curse wwe for putting NXT behind the hulu + paywall

I really don't get this at all. It's one of their best shows and it's done quite well for markets and audiences outside the U.S., so why don't they let you Yanks see it on a television network?

Now if some pm doesn't help you, I would say try out Main Event and Saturday Morning Slam. From just a good wrestling match stand point, WWE has a rather good average of providing on those. Even Miz managed to get a surprisingly good match on it once. Edit: Not this week's though, but previous week's or after they come back from the European tour.

3DS is a JRPG machine, just like the DS.

I have my Bravely Default and Crimson Shroud and Denpa Men (bought on name alone), so I can't argue with this.

tm24

Fables and all it's spin-offs are the only reason I still read any U.S. comics. I can't give too much love to Vertigo though, since DC decided to get rid of Hellblazer and it's wonderful universe of ageing in real time in place of that new 52 nonsense version.

People still read Fables after issue #75? Even after issue #100? I'm shocked

KenOD

People still read Fables after issue #75? Even after issue #100? I'm shocked

Oh the main book went downhill to be sure after 75, but I love a good use of the Oz world and I can still find myself enjoying the overall tale and world it's further universe building once they stopped the Mister North story.

Aiii

So not worth it
Intermission at the Raw show. We got Regal vs Mcgillicutty, which was awesome. Just saw Bryan vs Ziggler for the WHC. Ziggler won thanks to AJ.

Crowd though is fucking crazy hot the whole time. Pretty amazing, I'd reckon there's at least 4 to 5k people here too, for a country that doesn't even air WWE show.

jmdajr

Intermission at the Raw show. We got Regal vs Mcgillicutty, which was awesome. Just saw Bryan vs Ziggler for the WHC. Ziggler won thanks to AJ.

Crowd though is fucking crazy hot the whole time. Pretty amazing, I'd reckon there's at least 4 to 5k people here too, for a country that doesn't even air WWE show.

Confused for a second, but I'm hip now.

tm24

Oh the main book went downhill to be sure after 75, but I love a good use of the Oz world and I can still find myself enjoying the overall tale and world it's further universe building once they stopped the Mister North story.

They're in Oz now? That's kinda interesting.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Oh you're there too?

Friend of mine told me today that he had an extra ticket, but I told him to keep it in case he finds someone else to go, and then his little brother decided to go too.

KenOD

Sorry about that. Don't worry though, it's really not telling all that much and I really doubt it is at all what you are expecting it to be right now.

Kaladin

If you guys are looking for something else to do on Monday nights, Defiance over on Sci-Fi is a good alternative which is on at 9pm.

I watched the pilot last night on hulu. It has a cool look, nice back story and a good cast of characters with plenty of diverse alien races. Not much more you can ask for in a sci-fi series. Well, you could ask for space travel I guess, but that's explained in the plot.

My only issue so far is the sci-fi cliches this series is riddled with.....it's not so bad that it's a turn off though, so I can live with it.

jred2k

If you guys are looking for something else to do on Monday nights, Defiance over on Sci-Fi is a good alternative which is on at 9pm.

I watched the pilot last night on hulu. It has a cool look, nice back story and a good cast of characters with plenty of diverse alien races. Not much more you can ask for in a sci-fi series. Well, you could ask for space travel I guess, but that's explained in the plot.

My only issue so far is the sci-fi cliches this series is riddled with.....it's not so bad that it's a turn off though, so I can live with it.

Have you played the game? Both the game and the show have looked really generic from what I've seen.

Kaladin

Have you played the game? Both the game and the show have looked really generic from what I've seen.

I'm not playing the game but a friend of mine who is working on the review for a website said to hold off. It looks good and shows potential, but it suffers from repetitive mission structures due to being rushed for release. It looks like it could get better with future updates though. I won't reveal the site name because they haven't published the review yet.

Edit: there are fun times to be had with the game though, the repetitive stuff is mostly side missions I think.

I played some Metal Gear Solid this morning. I forgot how difficult, yet fun that game could be. Graphics don't hold up, obviously, but the little touches are nice.

bangai-o

Banned
I played some Metal Gear Solid this morning. I forgot how difficult, yet fun that game could be. Graphics don't hold up, obviously, but the little touches are nice.
i have the pc edition of that game. it is very nice.

the new zelda 3ds game looks great. i chose my handheld wisely. but i fear i will never complete Atreyen Odyssey.

To see HHH perform a spin attack with the master hammer, that is my dream.
Then again he'd fit better as the plot hijacking villain of every game, just like WWE storylines it always ends up being about Hunter.

In Wind Waker's alternate universe, Triple H is humbled by being beaten.

"I...coveted that title, I suppose."

Top Bottom