• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

strobogo

Banned
3 > 1 >>> 4 = 2 > PW

3 feels the most well rounded IMO. I love the characters, the setting, the hunting, injury, and camo mechanics, the way technology is designed, the music, the atmosphere, the cold war backdrop, the boss battles, the entire final hour (which might be the best in gaming history), etc., etc. MGS1 is right there with it, but 2, 4, and Peace Walker are a good deal behind those IMO. Yeah 2 controls extremely well, but Raiden's a terrible character in that game, the environments are too samey, too much codec in the final few hours, and the story goes off the rails at the end. MGS4 could've been the best one, but they screwed the pooch with Acts 3-5 (aside from Shadow Moses), the cutscenes became laughably long, and the story collapsed in on itself with melodrama, retcons, and convoluted nonsense. Peace Walker held my attention for about 5 hours before I tapped out. Something about that game didn't do it for me.

Still looking forward to Ground Zeroes and MGSV. Oh, and WRESTLING. YEAH GO WRESTLING.

Instead of catching up on podcasts, I've started listening to the Snake Eater OST while walking on the hiking trails. It's pretty awesome. Makes me want to try to sneaking and tranquilizing other walkers/bikers. I've had the main MGS musical motif stuck in my head for like 2 full weeks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Soul Hackers has reminded me of a big problem I have with games and one of the things I think they need to address if they want to be taken more seriously.

Quit using the same voice actors for everything.

Soul Hackers has reminded me of a big problem I have with games and one of the things I think they need to address if they want to be taken more seriously.

Quit using the same voice actors for everything.

Hi, I'm Nolan North, your lovable yet quippy leading man. I can also play loud, wacky anti-heros, side characters, and villains. Or you know, I can just talk and be Nolan North.

Hi, I'm Jennifer Hale, your strong female role.

Hi, I'm Troy Baker, sub me in when Nolan North goes to the bench.

Hi I'm Tricia Helfer, every female robotic voice in everything ever post-2004.

Hi, I'm Steven Blum, smooth sounding laid back male, or insanely gruff, throat destroying soldier.

Hi, I'm Kevin Michael Richardson, every black character or deep voice in everything.

Hi, we're the rest of the voice actors, every character in every anime, cartoon, and videogame currently being made. You will recognize 80% of us.

Touchdown

Banned
Cena couldn't eat my ass in his prime.

wpid-tumblr_mhhni4mgrp1qh02bxo1_400.gif

jred2k

His dong is actually so big he just bends it back there for safe keeping during his matches. Kind of like that one Ziggler gif but reversed.

I learned this from tumblr. What have you done to me bangai-o:(

Kaladin

Set for the Wrestlemania 29 Blu-Ray and DVD release:
*The complete Wrestlemania 29 Broadcast.

*WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett vs. The Miz.

*Wrestlemania Post-Game Show.

*2013 WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony.

Blu-Ray Exclusives:

*Triple H and Brock Lesnar Contract Signing 3/18 Raw.

*CM Punk promo 3/25 Raw.

*Legends Q&A panel with The Rock & John Cena 3/25 Raw.

It's not surprising that they don't have anything from the best Raw on this set. Why did they have to include the legends segment with Bored Bret?

daemissary

Guys, I just got a free month of Hulu Plus and I need to know...when does NXT get goooooood?

I've been watching the beginning of season 5 and its still pretty awful but I know it's supposed to pick up sometime in that season, right?

Ozone

Guys, I just got a free month of Hulu Plus and I need to know...when does NXT get goooooood?

I've been watching the beginning of season 5 and its still pretty awful but I know it's supposed to pick up sometime in that season, right?
Just watch the current season when they move to Full Sail.

Skip to the development season which is the current one. There is no continuity, the past seasons don't matter. You can actually find season 1 to 4 on Youtube on the WWE channel (I think).

strobogo

Banned
ECW on TNN 2/4/00

Joel got the ECW crowd to chant "SEND THEM BACK" in regards to Elian Gonzalez. He then said to shove all of Cuba up Castro's ass, which was cut to go to Cyrus talking about the Network and how this stuff is going to end. RVD walked past Cyrus to go to Awesome's locker room. A no smoking sign got a "too late" from RVD. He attacks the champ and they brawl. He's the angriest pot head I've ever seen. Spike Dudley also attacked Da Judge. Cyrus closes the door, says the Network won't condone any of this, and to roll the opening.

Tommy Dreamer/Dusty Rhodes vs Rhino/Steve Corino

They do ring intros and then...

TO THE BACK. Raven bitches to James Mitchell. Paul E. shows up and tells Mitchell to get the fuck out of there and then tries to give Raven a pep talk.

Dusty and Corino start it out. Dusty offers him a free punch, Corino takes a headlock, then tags Rhino. Dusty puts Rhino in a Miz worthy figure four because he can't get his bow legs to actually lock the hold on. Dreamer puts Victory in one and Francine puts one on Corino. Figure 12! All of the sudden, Corino is bleeding on the stage with Dusty. Rhino and Dreamer are on the other side of the arena. Dusty and Corino are back in the ring. I guess Steve got busted open from punches. Tommy Dreamer does the bionic elbow! Makes sense since he's got a FAAATT ASSSS. Match turns around after Dreamer takes some ball related offense. Rhino hits a superfly splash. He tries again, gets crotched and superplexed. Again, broken back Dreamer does shit like this every match and it makes no sense to me. Hot tag to Dusty. Double ten count punches, but then a double Irish whip turns into a GORE.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Dusty misses the elbow! Dusty eats a clothesline in his hardest bump in 10 years. Dreamer hits a DDT on a chair on Rhino, while Dusty hits the bionic elbow on Corino for the win.

TO THE HOT TUB. The Impact Players are just hanging out together in a hot tub, with their titles, and Dawn Marie looking hot in her bikini. You couldn't pay me enough money to get in a hot tub with Justin Credible. Doring and Roadkill respond somewhere else. Who gives a fuck? Elektra tries to rip Doring's dick off and then does her disgusting pec flex. There isn't a thing attractive about that.

Joel says it's like they are already married. And much like other terrible relationships, like ECW and TNN. That's what happens when you have one over bearing, unappreciative spouse. Subtle, Paul.

TO THE BACK.
Mikey Whipwreck is headbutting a mirror saying he's not a baby. He's going to win the TV Championship tonight.

RVD vs Mikey Whipwreck ECW TV Championship

Mikey attacks during RVD's Undertaker-lengthed entrance. Mikey's been back for 2-3 months and I think this is his second match. He puts RVD in the ropes and does an elbow.

Flying LARIATOOOO. Rob comes back with all of his normal offense. I wonder why ECW fans never game him a "same old shit" chant. Corkscrew guillotine leg drop with Mikey on the guardrail and a chair on top of him.

Rolling Thunder, also assisted with a chair. Mikey comes back with a German suplex on a chair.

Pedigree on a chair! "The pedigree not enough to pin Rob Van Dam!" "No matter who applies it!" Lol, I believe that is covers at least 3 forms of irony. Van Daminator and 5 Star Frog Splash for the win.

TO THE BACK
. Mike Awesome is outside of an ambulance where Judge Jones is being taken away. If he's not okay, Mike is going to break the fucking backs of Spike and RVD. He's gonna fuck them up!

LATE BREAKING NEWS. Rob Van Dam suffers broken leg! Full discussion and the ramifications of this event will be made on next week's episode.

strobogo

Banned
I'm only like 2 hours into Sleeping Dogs and it is everything I wanted GTA4 to be. This fighting system is fucking awesome. It's like GTA meets Streets of Rage meets Kung fu cop movies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
My only question for the Wrestlemania 29 DVD. Will it have any of the interviews, promos, skits, and "what it means to us to be at Wrestlemania" segments that they utterly cut out of the event itself despite filming them?

I still can't believe they had all that time and just wasted it with multiple repeat promos they had already been airing for weeks before.

Mass Effect ended so badly though. The first game showed so much promise. The only way I can get excited for that franchise is if they reboot it to basically be "Cowboy Bebop from Bioware featuring aliens." No space magic, no "end of the universe as we know it" plot, no Space Jesus, etc. Just dirty, moody, dark sci-fi focusing on space exploration, interesting characters, racial conflict, political upheaval, illegal trading, space gangs etc. Keep the narrative more intimate so it doesn't blow up in your face when its time to wrap it up.

I'm glad I played through all the Mass Effect numbered games, but that ending and how it was all "resolved", I just can't do it again even if I had fun for 99% of it game play wise. What I will do instead is play Mass Effect 1 again and pretend that in the end,
Sovereign was the last of his kind and all the Reaper had long since died out, making the whole thing pointless to try and repeat the past. Also there are fish in the Citadel ponds.

I'm only like 2 hours into Sleeping Dogs and it is everything I wanted GTA4 to be. This fighting system is fucking awesome. It's like GTA meets Streets of Rage meets Kung fu cop movies.

The lack of good fighting mechanic in these types of games was what basically made me stop enjoying them no matter how detailed (GTA IV) or silly things to do (Saints Row 3), so aye, Sleeping Dogs is just amazing with how much fun it gave me. Made even better, like almost all things, but all the wonderful touches they put into the small things like trying to match Hong Kong streets properly, using Cantonese (even if outdated in slang), references of various action films, or just random responses by Wei to NPCs are vice versa.

Hopefully we get more open world crime games like it, even with Square-Enix's unreasonable expectations.

Oh and as a suggestion. Have some fun randomly grabbing people and taking them on your motorbike to random locations just to see how they react. The A.I. can be rather amusing in this.

Top Bottom