• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Sokantish

I'm only like 2 hours into Sleeping Dogs and it is everything I wanted GTA4 to be. This fighting system is fucking awesome. It's like GTA meets Streets of Rage meets Kung fu cop movies.

I love the combat system, it's pretty fun. I hope a sequel comes out, but apparently square enix was disappointed with the sales it got so who knows

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
John Cena buys all his shorts from K-Mart. K-Mart saw this and decided to cross-promote.
http://www.kmart.com/john-cena-boy-s-belted-denim-shorts/p-049VA54922612P

"Last of McGuinness" is well worth a watch.

One of the most emotional documentaries I've seen and I wish more wrestlers put as much heart into it, for the good and the bad.

I also wish I was re-watching that instead of this National Geographic Slammed Inside Indie Wrestling I am now. It lacks the emotion needed, but then I didn't expect anything more. It's really just to see a bit of the ROH try out segment for Zema Ion.

Edit: "Tommy Dreamer vs Luke Gallows" in 2011. I'm amazed that a company losing money would put those two as the main draw and expect success. National Wrestling Superstars seems like such an odd little promotion.

Also I want to punch Jim Cornette. That's natural right?

Ithil

Oh man, I'm watching the new For All Mankind documentary on Mick Foley's career, and while he's talking about being in ECW while the WWF were having increasingly stupid gimmicks, they showed a quick montage and ended it on Isaac Yankem.

McNei1y

100398AB-62AC-4F9E-B2D0-DED3F9373073-11731-0000084570607CEE_zpsa2aebfdf.jpg

I owned this when I was younger. It was awesome. I had created some crazy matches. My booking was better than WWE's.

Classic Match of the Day:

Sting & The Great Muta vs The Steiner Brothers - (NJPW 01/04/92)

Great tag match here from the co-produced NJPW/WCW Starrcade 1992 in Tokyo Dome! Sting is super over with the Japanese crowd, but The Steiner's are the real stars of the match as they throw Sting & Muta around like they weigh nothing. They display some great double teams and power moves as they isolate Muta, who manages to shrug off a lot of the punishment and makes the hot-tag to Sting. The finishing stretch is fantastic stuff as The Steiner's battle back, in particular Rick's dead-lift counter to Muta's Space Roaring Elbow is FANTASTIC, while the finish itself is pretty cool, both teams looking strong in the end. Love this match, just a really fun 12 minute tag, well worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.

ibcizwpRRBVkd.gif

Also, you get to hear Sting's AWESOME Japanese entrance music. Sounds like a track from Outrun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPWITWxeD3U

Kaladin

Great tag match here from the co-produced NJPW/WCW Starrcade 1992 in Tokyo Dome! Sting is super over with the Japanese crowd, but The Steiner's are the real stars of the match as they throw Sting & Muta around like they weigh nothing. They display some great double teams and power moves as they isolate Muta, who manages to shrug off a lot of the punishment and makes the hot-tag to Sting. The finishing stretch is fantastic stuff as The Steiner's battle back, in particular Rick's dead-lift counter to Muta's Space Roaring Elbow is FANTASTIC, while the finish itself is pretty cool, both teams looking strong in the end. Love this match, just a really fun 12 minute tag, well worth a watch if you haven't seen it before.

Also, you get to hear Sting's AWESOME Japanese entrance music. Sounds like a track from Outrun!

I love classic Steiners. They were my favorite tag team before they broke up. After that it was the Dudley Boyz/Team 3D and now it's the Briscoes.

I love classic Steiners. They were my favorite tag team before they broke up. After that it was the Dudley Boyz/Team 3D and now it's the Briscoes.

Same here, I love all those teams, although I'd also have to include Gordy & Williams and The Funks on my list. The Briscoes are definitely my favourite team at the moment though, but I'm really liking the Killer Elite Squad as well - now THERE's a match ROH should book; Killer Elite Squad vs The Briscoes for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles.

Kaladin

- F4Wonline.com reports that word going around the Cauliflower Alley Club Reunion this week is that top independent wrestler Sami Callihan is currently going through all of his medical testing to sign a WWE contract.

I knew it!

ibcizwpRRBVkd.gif

fantastic match.

WWE needs to bring back the " spit spray" thing for some wrestler. It has been gone so long, even having the spray could be the basis for someones gimmick

Give it to Yoshi Tatsu or something. GIVE YOSHI ANYTHING

I knew it!

Hope there's no hang ups at this stage. I had not heard anything other than a couple tryouts and noticed a shift in his push so I made sure to tell him good bye and good luck at Wrestlecon. I qualified it with the fact that I didn't know anything and I didn't want to jinx it but if he moves south soon I wished him well. He is very unique and I hope he does good things.

Jamie OD

WWE needs to bring back the " spit spray" thing for some wrestler. It has been gone so long, even having the spray could be the basis for someones gimmick

Give it to Yoshi Tatsu or something. GIVE YOSHI ANYTHING

They gave the Poison Mist to Hornswaggle when he wrestled.

He is very unique and I hope he does good things.

Same here - I first saw Sami around the time he was jobbing on the old ROH HDnet TV show, I liked his unique look and was impressed with how great his selling was. Real shame ROH never got on board with him as anything other than a jobber - it's crazy to think they had Callihan & Gargano facing each other in a dark match 5 years ago and let both of them slip through their fingers.

I often wonder what ROH would have been like today if they'd never fired Gabe. I would have liked to see how he managed booking for TV and, without the competition between ROH & DGUSA, it's safe to assume that guys like Callihan, Gargano, Samuray, etc, would have found their way to ROH by now.

The CHIKARA show from Wrestle Con should be available sometime in the next week. I loved this show live plus Jushin Thunder Liger is on it so it's pretty much a must buy for anyone!

ShoulderAlmost_zpsc7909682.jpg

Totally forgot that SHINE 9 was on iPPV tomorrow night and, holy hell, the card is pretty damn stacked! As well as the final showdown between Leva Bates & Kimberly, there will also be the first four qualifying matches for the SHINE Championship Tournament! 16 wrestlers will compete for the honour of being crowned the inaugural SHINE Champion at the promotion's one year anniversary at SHINE 11!

iomCMhcZKuJbJ.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-04-19-13.html - $9.99

. Arkham Asylum Steel Cage Match: Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: Jazz vs Ivelisse, w/ April Hunter
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: Angelina Love vs Rain, w/ April Hunter
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: 'Sweet' Saraya Knight vs Su Yung
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: Madison Eagles vs Jessicka Havoc
. Mercedes Martinez vs Evie
. Nikki Roxx, Mia Yim & Santana vs Kellie Skater, Jessie McKay & Shazza McKenzie
. Courtney Rush vs Allysin Kay, w/ April Hunter
. Brittney Savage vs Rhia O'Reilly vs Solo Darling

. Music Video: Kimberly vs Leva: It All Leads to the Asylum!

Three big débuts there, with former SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles, fellow Aussie Jessie McKay and New Zealander Evie making their first appearances for SHINE. Madison Eagles vs Jessicka Havoc is a HUGE match, definite potential to steal the show there, while Evie also has a big match on her hands, facing the ruthless Mercedes Martinez. Meanwhile, Jessie McKay is thrown straight into the fire with a 6-woman USA vs Australia tag match that promises to be a ton of fun. Jazz vs Ivelisse could be an excellent encounter and, while I'm definitely looking forward to Sweet Saraya's match, I fear for poor Su Yung. Finally, the main event sees the culmination of the most popular feud in SHINE yet, as Leva Bates becomes increasingly unhinged in her quest to destroy the equally-unhinged Kimberly inside of a steel cage! Should be a really fun show and easily SHINE's biggest show to date.

What's the best free blog site to use? Wordpress or Tumblr?

I'm not sure, but I use blogspot. Seems easy enough.

BillRiccio said:
The CHIKARA show from Wrestle Con should be available sometime in the next week. I loved this show live plus Jushin Thunder Liger is on it so it's pretty much a must buy for anyone!

Excellent, I'm all over this once it releases - really looking forward to seeing the Liger match.

I'm not sure, but I use blogspot. Seems easy enough.

I want an easy to use blog, which I can use for recording my rewatch. So it'll have gifs and pictures with text. Basically what yourself and strobogo have been doing.

Not sure if I should just start from where I am now (October 2001) or Jan 2002.

I want an easy to use blog, which I can use for recording my rewatch. So it'll have gifs and pictures with text. Basically what yourself and strobogo have been doing.

Blogspot works well enough for that, here's an example of how gifs and such look on it;

http://senorlariato.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/ecw-hardcore-tv-episodes-001-002.html

Mr. Luchador said:
Not sure if I should just start from where I am now (October 2001) or Jan 2002.

Is this your indy wrestling re-watch? I'd pick a few of the bigger events from 2001 like the Super 8 and King of Indies tournaments, CZW's Best of the Best & Cage of Death, etc, cover them and then skip ahead to the start of 2002.

Top Bottom