• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Blogspot works well enough for that, here's an example of how gifs and such look on it;

http://senorlariato.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/ecw-hardcore-tv-episodes-001-002.html

Is this your indy wrestling re-watch? I'd pick a few of the bigger events from 2001 like the Super 8 and King of Indies tournaments, CZW's Best of the Best & Cage of Death, etc, cover them and then skip ahead to the start of 2002.

Thanks for that. That blogspot (is this google's 'blogger'?) does look nice and simple to use. It was for all wrestling. I've been watching whatever I've been able to get my hands on from the first Nitro onwards - so Raw, Nitro, Thunder, Smackdown, Heat, etc however, I wasn't really recapping any of it. Yet, I've been inspired by you and strobogo's antics to keep a record, as there doesn't really seem to be many out there - certainly not ones with nice gifs.

Also, I like your blog name.

strobogo

Banned
It's so weird how none of the bone crunching Jakks era toys looked like any of the wrestlers. The faces were always so off. The Hasbro toys looked more legit.

Jamie OD

Anyone listen to Stone Cold's new podcast? It sounds so much like something out of a GTA talk radio station it's unreal. Awesome all round.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Madison Eagles vs Jessicka Havoc is a HUGE match, definite potential to steal the show there, while Evie also has a big match on her hands, facing the ruthless Mercedes Martinez.

Of COURSE it'll steal the show, it's Havoc.

It is, it's just called "The Steve Austin Show". He's done four episodes so far including interviewing Shawn Michaels for the 2nd episode.

Great, I'll check that out.

--

I've just made a twitter account for Mr. Luchador and already some random wrestling fan has followed it. I have no idea.

- While the official buyrate is still months away from being released, early estimates for the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view are coming in and they do not look good. Even though WWE stated publicly that they were confident that WM29 show would sell similarly to last year’s record-breaking show, the company substantially lowered their internal projections in days leading up to WrestleMania. According to one source, the WrestleMania 29 buyrate is “downright shocking.”

Kaladin

- While the official buyrate is still months away from being released, early estimates for the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view are coming in and they do not look good. Even though WWE stated publicly that they were confident that WM29 show would sell similarly to last year’s record-breaking show, the company substantially lowered their internal projections in days leading up to WrestleMania. According to one source, the WrestleMania 29 buyrate is “downright shocking.”

Thanks for the recap Heavy.

Striker

Pretty shitty thing to say. They go overboard with the mark comments. Ziggler just went down a notch for me.
Have you seen the WWE Universe™ comments?

61EgZt0.jpg

Kaladin

Mock if old....

ORLANDO, Fla. — Standing alongside Florida Gov. Rick Scott, WWE COO Triple H announced the establishment of a state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center on Thursday. The 26,000-square-foot facility, scheduled to open in Orlando this summer, will provide a new home for WWE’s developmental system, NXT, and further increases the company’s presence in the Sunshine State, while also creating more than 100 high-wage jobs.

The top-line facility will house seven wrestling rings, a world-class gym, and high-tech production and edit suites that will help evolve WWE’s partnership with Full Sail University, whose students exclusively edit and produce weekly, internationally-broadcast installments of WWE NXT at the university’s Full Sail Live facility. The center will also offer a best-in-class sports medicine program that effectively turns the performance center into a home base of sorts for both active and developmental WWE talent to receive care.

Check back with WWE.com for more details on the announcement as the day progresses, including exclusive photos and videos of the momentous event.

913994_10151404720546443_1571458187_o.jpg

Good going Hunter. That sounds like an excellent set-up for developmental. Now, if only he can convince Vince to retire...and then let someone convince him that if he's going to be an on-screen character, it should be as a heel. No one likes face, HHH, right?

strobogo

Banned
I'd like one of those high paying jobs. Maybe I could be like Rob Naylor. He's living the dream. Working for WWE, but actually working for DUSTY FUCKING RHODES in NXT.

McNei1y

Good going Hunter. That sounds like an excellent set-up for developmental. Now, if only he can convince Vince to retire...and then let someone convince him that if he's going to be an on-screen character, it should be as a heel. No one likes face, HHH, right?

Eh, it's okay but I'd take Heel HHH any day.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Jean Paul Levesque could beat up HHH. Just watch this regal (not Regal) talent.
http://youtu.be/1kpDvjt4KKA

WWE needs to bring back the " spit spray" thing for some wrestler. It has been gone so long, even having the spray could be the basis for someones gimmick

Give it to Yoshi Tatsu or something. GIVE YOSHI ANYTHING

I wish they would give Yoshi the chance to wrestle naturally rather than this "he's Asian, so he kicks a lot!" that even as a fan has made me not care about any of his matches.

I would also accept him randomly becoming a member of the Prime Time Players, because the image amuses me.

Totally forgot that SHINE 9 was on iPPV tomorrow night and, holy hell, the card is pretty damn stacked! As well as the final showdown between Leva Bates & Kimberly, there will also be the first four qualifying matches for the SHINE Championship Tournament! 16 wrestlers will compete for the honour of being crowned the inaugural SHINE Champion at the promotion's one year anniversary at SHINE 11!

iomCMhcZKuJbJ.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-04-19-13.html - $9.99

. Arkham Asylum Steel Cage Match: Leva Bates vs Kimberly
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: Jazz vs Ivelisse, w/ April Hunter
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: Angelina Love vs Rain, w/ April Hunter
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: 'Sweet' Saraya Knight vs Su Yung
. SHINE Championship Tournament Qualifier: Madison Eagles vs Jessicka Havoc
. Mercedes Martinez vs Evie
. Nikki Roxx, Mia Yim & Santana vs Kellie Skater, Jessie McKay & Shazza McKenzie
. Courtney Rush vs Allysin Kay, w/ April Hunter
. Brittney Savage vs Rhia O'Reilly vs Solo Darling[/url]

In a depressed mood that requires good wrestling to alleviate, this will do the trick to be sure.

Jazz vs Ivelisse specifically I'm looking forward to. I really do think Ivelisse can do so much more and present far better matches than she has been, and someone like Jazz can provide it in a match that has plenty of time like tonight.

Ithil

So we're all in agreement that Emma is the best Diva in the WWE, right?

Of active wrestlers (which discounts AJ, Natalya, etc)? Paige is the best, Emma's second best.

She busted out the Horns of Aries on NXT this week, and Paige pulled a better Texas Cloverleaf than Sheamus' to win her match the other week. Good stuff.

Top Bottom