• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

So which signed, but yet to debut (in WWE/NXT), Diva is the future of WrassleGAFs love?

4711_original.gif

Which one of them was super tall? 'Cause that one

Heel

Friends, Chael Sonnen on Stone Cold's podcast was an absolute treat.

I haven't enjoyed something absolutely wrestling related like this since that one time I watched William Regal bend an NXT jobber's fingers for 15 minutes on YouTube.

Jitters

Man. The content sure was getting up there before PG.

i1ZPt84HvUAoh.gif

06 ECW is one of the most underrated things in wrestling history. A mix between nostalgia and fresh new talent with a little bit of crazy added to it. Big Show had that amazing title reign with a shit load of really cool title defenses on regular TV. CM Punk and KK were both debuting and in that storyline with Mike Knox. Fun stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF Supercard is taking shape. Any requests?

Bootaaay and Laserfrog vs Stan Hansen and Lou Thesz
Soulplaya vs Kane
Zandig w/Bootaaay as manager vs Strobogo

More matches to be announced, airing Monday night after Raw!

I don't think 06 ECW is as good as you remember it being.

Other than ONS 1 and 2, WWECW was absolutely terrible. Not in the NXT Redemption sort of terrible but fun and weird. Just plain bad bad bad.

Soulplaya vs Kane

woooooooo can't wait!

Kaladin

Soulplaya vs Kane

Mr. Sandman needs a fight.....preferably hardcore.

I don't think 06 ECW is as good as you remember it being.

For some reason I remember linking Christian vs Zack Ryder and the Kelly Kelly / Balls Mahoney storylines. I think I liked them both... I think.

...I thought most of the Extreme Expose segments was horrible though - which were the only non-PG things;.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dirtsheets from the last NeoGAF Wrestling Observer said Matthew Gallant was getting mad heat backstage from the other wrestlers... You should schedule him in a handicap match to punish him.
If you got backstage heat you gotta make it right in the ring!

Also Carnby vs Jaekwon15 is a go!

strobogo

Banned
2008-2010 ECW was good. The Christian/Swagger/Zeke/Ryder/Goldust era. 2006-2007 was awful besides Kurt Angle's short run of head butting people. Basically it sucked until they got rid of most of the ECW Originals.

Striker

ECW with Christian, Swagger, Dreamer, Ryder, Regal, and Shelton was pretty good. Smackdown in mid '09 was also very good with Jericho, Edge, Punk, Hardy (who was more over than Cena at that time, IIRC), and they used a lot of their small roster.

Mick Foley's new career respective DVD is decent, and well deserved.
I'd love to see it as i'm quite a big Foley mark, shame that the WWE Blu Rays are so pricey in the UK, £22? they just keep creeping higher.

Soulplaya vs Kane

Did Beef get deleted forever? because I need my Cena redemption for this avatar.

mooooose

ECW with Christian, Swagger, Dreamer, Ryder, Regal, and Shelton was pretty good. Smackdown in mid '09 was also very good with Jericho, Edge, Punk, Hardy (who was more over than Cena at that time, IIRC), and they used a lot of their small roster.

Yep. Having split brands in this time period really allowed guys on SD and ECW to prosper. The brand split was a very good thing overall that I only wanted to see end for "what would happen" purposes. What happened was too much of too little.

Soulplaya vs Kane

I request that you stop disrespecting and ignoring the tag division.

Ithil

After a fucking awful RAW, NXT is awesome this week. It's embarrassing how big the gap the quality is, when one is the 40 minute weekly developmental show, and the other is the three hour prime time flagship show of WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see it as i'm quite a big Foley mark, shame that the WWE Blu Rays are so pricey in the UK, £22? they just keep creeping higher.

Did Beef get deleted forever? because I need my Cena redemption for this avatar.

Bishop deleted Beef, yes, on air and for good. He lives vicariously as FallingEdge's cape.

I request that you stop disrespecting and ignoring the tag division.
You AND McNei1y have a tag match. But against who?

KissVibes

Banned
IS THAT MASON RYAN?

Also, Pac looks like a dork. And who is the guy next to Paige and the old guy? Looks like a smaller Ryback.

Soulplaya vs Kane

Shark Johnson should be booked. He's been doing really well in NXT beating people up backstage.

CHIKARA's show from WrestleMania weekend is now available on DVD and MP4 download from SMV;

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-april-6-2013-the-shoulder-of-pallas-secaucus-nj-download.html

1. Kobald vs. Saturyne
2. The Batiri vs. Devastation Corporation vs. The Throwbacks vs. UltraMantis Black & Blind Rage
3. Ophidian vs. Amasis
4. F.I.S.T. vs. 3.0, Gran Akuma & Marty Jannetty
5. Tim Donst vs. Archibald Peck
6. Colony Xtreme Force & Soldier Ant vs. The Colony & Frightmare
7. Hallowicked vs. Eddie Kingston
8. Jigsaw & The Shard vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Sunflower said:

Oh dear. I fear this will go badly for Laser and I.

KenOD said:
Jazz vs Ivelisse specifically I'm looking forward to. I really do think Ivelisse can do so much more and present far better matches than she has been, and someone like Jazz can provide it in a match that has plenty of time like tonight.

I'd say Ivelisse's match against LuFisto was easily her best to date and I'm sure that was in no small part thanks to her working with a veteran like LuFisto, so it'll be interesting to see how the match with Jazz turns out, but I expect some Valkyrie shenanigans to come into play with April Hunter at ringside. Same goes for the Angelina Love vs Rain match.

strobogo

Banned
ECW on TNN 2/11/00

RVD getting hurt was a bad stroke of luck to an ECW that was already clearly on the decline both storyline wise and with their shitty TV deal that they paid to have. He was for sure the biggest star and draw and they were building up a unification match with Mike Awesome that probably would have made RVD the official champion of ECW.

Joel "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, but when they come to Earth, they like to RIDE MY..." CUT CUT CUT. Cyrus cut it short again and this time brought The Dupps with him. The Network isn't concerned with RVD's injury, but they are concerned with RATINGS, advertising rates, and live gates. Cyrus doing ROCCCCCCCKEEEEET BOWLLLLL is hilarious. I thought it was a real show. However, ROLLLLEEEERRJJJAAAMMM definitely was and I watched it. He says we will have a TV Championship defense tonight. Spike Dudley will defend it for RVD against The Dupps.

Spike Dudley vs The Dupps ECW TV Championship

Double Acid Drop. Spike wins. Title...retained?

TO THE BACK. Raven convinces Mikey Whipwreck to tell Tommy that the stuff with Francine isn't an issue. James Mitchell was there for this sitting on a chair on top of a table. They both laughed and laughed and laughed after Raven left.

Tommy Dreamer vs Mikey Whipwreck.

But first...

TO THE BACK. Balls and New Jack are going to murder DA BALDIES. New Jack was Warrior levels of coked up. I don't even know what the fuck he was trying to say.

The match starts out with wrestling school 101 indie stand off 101. James Mitchell came out to watch the match. This distracts Tommy and Mikey hits a leg drop and starts hitting him with a mic. Too bad he got back dropped into the crowd seconds later. They brawl on top of some closed bleachers. Mikey takes a pretty lame bump off it. It gets back in the ring where Mikey does some choking and stuff. Dreamer goes up top, gets crotched. Mikey tries a Whipersnaper, gets thrown off, and then Tommy misses a second rope elbow. WHY does a dude with a broken back keep doing moves like that? Emerald Frosion!

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Mitchell pulls Dreamer out on the pin. Francine gets in a YAK FIGHT with him. Raven comes out. Mikey throws cocaine in his face, which makes him accidentally DDT Francine. This made Tommy go after him. You'd think you could tell the difference between Mikey Whipwreck and a 90 pound YAK. Dreamer still won with a DDT anyway, despite fighting Raven at the same time.

TO THE BACK. Raven attacks random jobbers in the back looking for Raven, including who I believe was Lupus.

Justin Credible vs Raven

First time ever singles match. DREAM MATCH! I've never dreamed of something like this. You know what is a real dream match to me? El Generico vs Daniel Bryan on SMS. Raven hits a Cactus elbow through a table.

Raven is more or less dominating. Another table is brought into the ring. Raven looks like he's put on a good 25 pounds of gut in the time he's been back in ECW. Raven gets Irish whipped into that table. It goes back to the floor where Justin hits a super kick. Raven is now bleeding. Another table in the ring. Justin sends himself through it. Oh goodie, the snot rag. Lance hit Raven in the head with something out of nowhere. Attempted Evenflow was broken up by a springboard clothesline. Lance hits a DDT on an open chair. Spiked tombstone on a chair!

Doring and Roadkill finally came in for a save. After a break, we see James Mitchell in the ring with him. Dusty Rhodes and Heyman send him away. Cyrus comes out and says to get that wrassler out of the ring. "It's not about the god damn network!" "With all due respect, Dusty, please do not kayfabe me about the boys!" Dusty's gonna lay it all out for Cyrus. Dusty cuts an awesome Dusty promo about the boys, the fans, ECW, and fuck the network. Corino comes out and tries to slap Dusty's hat off, but it was on too tight. Dusty and Jack Victory get elbows. Rhino comes out and lays Dusty out. Fucking Cyrus mouthing half of Dusty's promo. Figure four on Dusty! Oh shit, it's DA SANDMAN! End of show.

They didn't even talk about RVD's injury, which was the only thing they actually advertised on last week's show.

The storylines going in ECW in February of 2000:

The Impact Players vs Dreamer/Raven, which is also Raven vs Sandman and now Tommy vs Raven again. Also, Rhino vs Sandman has crossed over with these as well, but it is all really basic and half hearted. In addition, Raven being depressed and possibly back on drugs has been the main source of conflict for the past month or so. Doring and Roadkill are just being integrated into it. None of it is very interesting.

Da Baldies vs New Jack, who also has Balls and Axl for support.

Joel Gertner vs Cyrus, more accurately, ECW vs TNN. This actually is kind of the main story line and definitely gets the most screen time and is really the only one that gets progressed every week. This is probably the most interesting thing they have, but only because Cyrus is hilarious.

Dusty Rhodes vs Steve Corino, which is now floating in to the Network stuff. It has kind of involved Dreamer as well.

Tajiri vs Super Crazy vs Guido in a never ending random select series.

Before RVD's injury, he was in a feud with Sabu and had just started one with Mike Awesome. Now that they're both scrapped, it is unknown what is next for Mike and Sabu. Mike has more or less finished his feud with Spike.

Mikey Whipwreck has gone crazy and believes James Mitchell to actually be a minister.

Top Bottom