• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

The Devastation Corporation really are quite amazing.

Max Smashmaster;

iba58XtgvX8hc3.gif

Blaster McMassive;

i5o8ez70iuTzV.gif

Kaladin

I feel like MMA really jumped the shark. There are just wayyyy too many shows and fighters to keep up with which makes people just follow the big name title fights, which makes more dedicated fans shit all over them for being casual fans and makes them not want to engage in discussions.

I think that's why I quit watching UFC. Too much to watch between Ultimate Fighter, UFC on FX, UFC on FOX, PPVs, UFC on Whatever Channel They're On Today.

Batista turned into an amazing pink shirt heel after you left. and made fun of John Cena for kissing babies and hugging fat girls. Just when he got really good, he decided to leave WWE, and quit (on good terms).

There is talks on him been on the way back, but nothing solid happened yet.

He was my favourite back when I used to watch, hopefully he will make a comeback! Man from watching wrestlemania, raw and smackdown the past couple of weeks there's so many new wrestlers. Nice to see the Undertaker and Triple H are still there though.

There seem to be more joke characters in the roster too. The American who hates immigrants and his sidekick with the epic tash are hilarious. I quite like Ziggler, his weird gf and his huge bodyguard who just stands in the same spot looking mean are hilarious too. Think my favourites are team hell no though. Although they seem to be everybody's favourite :lol. Not really sure what to make of the shield, they pop up everywhere just randomly attacking everyone.

Jitters

I feel like MMA really jumped the shark. There are just wayyyy too many shows and fighters to keep up with which makes people just follow the big name title fights, which makes more dedicated fans shit all over them for being casual fans and makes them not want to engage in discussions.

Well, I don't know if I feel like it has jumped the shark, because I still enjoy watching. I wouldn't consider my self a hardcore fan of the sport though. I just have no interest in getting that deep into it. Sometimes I'll see a show and want to, but then I just get bored. I watch all the UFC shows though. I just have WWE and TNA for wrestling, I used to watch a lot more.

Wrestling is a really fun thing to talk about on the internet. Fantasy booking, predictions, gifs, divas and what not. MMA doesn't have that. I'm not saying I like wrestling more than MMA, its just more fun in this type situation.

Apparently Fandango's new finisher is
a flatliner
:|

He beat Ted Jr. with it at the Glasgow house show yesterday.

Mr. Sandman said:
I think that's why I quit watching UFC. Too much to watch between Ultimate Fighter, UFC on FX, UFC on FOX, PPVs, UFC on Whatever Channel They're On Today.

I've tried to get into UFC, but (and I know this is going to sound weird coming from me) I honestly found it to be a bit too brutal. I don't like watching people get KO'd and I especially don't like the way fighters go in for the kill after they've hit a knock out blow.

strobogo

Banned
I used to be a hardcore MMA fan. But then there just became too much to keep track of. I don't think I've watched a single show since Silva/Chael 2. I would still most definitely watch best of PRIDE, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've tried to get into UFC, but (and I know this is going to sound weird coming from me) I honestly found it to be a bit too brutal. I don't like watching people get KO'd and I especially don't like the way fighters go in for the kill after they've hit a knock out blow.

I enjoy UFC a lot because of the unpredictability of it. However, on the flip side, it's starting to get way too diluted (MMA in general on TV) which hey, WWE is guilty of.

Watching the CHIKARA show, Saturyne's getting pretty good, definitely showing a lot of improvement since her debut and only had one minor, inconsequential botch in her match against Kobald, who got a ton of heat using moves from the John Cena war crate and hitting Saturyne with Sara Del Rey's finisher, the Royal Butterfly. Saturyne looks a whole lot more confident in the ring lately and, like in her match with Touchdown, she does a great job of evoking sympathy from the crowd. Also, while her offence isn't all that ambitious, she's pretty much got it down to a T, especially her drop-kick. This was probably her best showing yet, and in front of CHIKARA's biggest crowd to date, just a really fun opening match.

Kobald spears the crap out of her to start things off;

ijHyVOQSYRXwa.gif

iEWvxk6zOjcI5.png

She was looking extra fine at Kaiju Big Battle as a piece of asparagus!!!

Also WTF at this

@MikeQuackenbush 1h
For your collection - get the MP4 of my last CHIKARA match right from Smart Mark Video and start watching

I really hope this is storyline. I know Quack is in bad shape and was walking with a cane backstage at the Wrestle Con show but he can't be done.

Bryce-a-rana!

ibvMFb0moqdN1D.gif

I enjoy UFC a lot because of the unpredictability of it. However, on the flip side, it's starting to get way too diluted (MMA in general on TV) which hey, WWE is guilty of.

I can definitely see the appeal, but I think I'd prefer something where the matches go longer and have a more ordered feel to them. I should probably just stick to shootstyle wrestling. <3 BattlArts.

Also WTF at this

@MikeQuackenbush 1h
For your collection - get the MP4 of my last CHIKARA match right from Smart Mark Video and start watching

I really hope this is storyline. I know Quack is in bad shape and was walking with a cane backstage at the Wrestle Con show but he can't be done.

Wow, that really sucks if Quack is done - I don't know if it would be a storyline, considering the unfinished business he has with Jigsaw. Also, if Quack were to be able to choose his last match, I'd hazard a guess that he'd think teaming with Liger was a pretty good match to retire on - plus, he came back early from back surgery for the chance to team with Liger and the laundry list of permanent injuries he's having to deal with are piling up. The Observer mentioned he'd been wrestling with an inoperable wrist injury for 20 months, plus combined with his numerous and increasingly frequent back injuries, the ribs he broke a while back and that real scary concussion he got a few years ago, perhaps it is time for him to bow out.

Bryce-a-rana!

ibvMFb0moqdN1D.gif

I can definitely see the appeal, but I think I'd prefer something where the matches go longer and have a more ordered feel to them. I should probably just stick to shootstyle wrestling. <3 BattlArts.

Wow, that really sucks if Quack is done - I don't know if it would be a storyline, considering the unfinished business he has with Jigsaw. Also, if Quack were to be able to choose his last match, I'd hazard a guess that he'd think teaming with Liger was a pretty good match to retire on - plus, he came back early from back surgery for the chance to team with Liger and the laundry list of permanent injuries he's having to deal with are piling up. The Observer mentioned he'd been wrestling with an inoperable wrist injury for 20 months, plus combined with his numerous and increasingly frequent back injuries, the ribs he broke a while back and that real scary concussion he got a few years ago, perhaps it is time for him to bow out.

Love the Bryce gif. He retweeted me twice last week and I've been walking on air ever since.

I guess he also broke his tibia on the guardrail in the tag match. Hopefully he's just taking some well deserved time off and will return in due time. Just in case......Mike Quackenbush appreciation week!!!

sixbeltsb.jpg

Top 20 Moves of "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush

Young Bucks (Generation Me) vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw

Matt Sydal vs Mike Quackenbush

Mike Quackenbush vs Bryan Danielson Part 1

Mike Quackenbush vs Bryan Danielson Part 2

jred2k

The thing that sucks about UFC is you only get to see your favourite fighters once every couple of months. Thats if they don't get injured while training and push their next fight back like 6 months-year.

Zertez

Watching Impact for the first time in a long time. Tess Macher gave Mickie James a "stinkface". Good lord, dont know how this could be considered a bad thing and fight to get out of.

Alucard

Banned
Botchtastic finish in the Knockouts finish, but still...they actually gave a woman's match almost 10 minutes. More than you can say for the WWE.

Alucard

Banned
The thing that sucks about UFC is you only get to see your favourite fighters once every couple of months. Thats if they don't get injured while training and push their next fight back like 6 months-year.

Pretty much this. And if a guy wins two or three in a row, they're UNSTOPPABLE. There's really no one to get behind for an extended period of time. GSP was the closest thing to being unbeatable for a while there.

strobogo

Banned
ECW on TNN 2/18/00

TO THE BACK. Cyrus talks about the mistake of letting Dusty talk and then strips RVD of his championship. Well, he actually says he's going to force ECW to strip him of the title. Lol, he gives a promo for the show people are already watching since ECW kept complaining about not getting any promotion. But more importantly, 57 minutes until ROLLLLLLERRRRJJAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Cyrus is the best, even though I think I would hate him if it were a TNA gimmick.

Doring and Roadkill vs Nova/Chris Chetti

But first...

TO THE BACK. Masato Tanaka cut an angry Japanese promo.

Chetti's televised in ring return. He's been out for months. Chetti sucks, Doring sucks, Roadkill isn't very good, Nova was basically the one man SAT. This is what I remember of dying ECW. Shit like this. And Chilly Willy. And Belvis. And Scotty Anton. Roadkill missed a springboard Superfly splash to the floor through a table. Doring pinned Chetti with a double arm DDT. The Impact Players came out and laid both teams out.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

TO THE BACK.
Mike Awesome is going to kill Tanaka again.

CW Anderson vs Super Crazy

CW was with Belvis and Lou E. Dangerously. Idk, this show is really not doing it for me. And I like Super Crazy and CW, but this feels like such a D-level show. Instead, I'll just gif the interesting things.

Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome ECW Championship

But first...

TO THE BACK
. Nova and Chetti cut a stupid promo.

Oh shit. This must have been a panic move to make up for RVD. Fuck it, here are the gifs.

Alucard

Banned
lol

"I'd take your opinion more seriously...if you weren't Canadian."

Four best guys in TNA all in the ring. :D

That was pleasure overload, minus the slight homophobia.

Love Daniels. "As everybody knows, a Canadian's opinion is only worth three quarters of everyone else's. That's science!" (or something like that) Really good stuff in that segment. Haha.

strobogo

Banned
He did a moonsault with CW on top of the table first, but it didn't break, so he went Sabu and moonsaulted the fucking table leg with his face.

Alucard

Banned
Gotta say, the Aces and Eights storyline is finally entertaining. Doesn't excuse 9 months of garbage, but just try to imagine that it only started at Lockdown. I've really liked TNA's backstage promos this week. Joe, Matt Morgan, Roode, etc.

Raw64life

I lol'd hard when Jeff Hardy said mayHAM so while Tazz commentary overall is laughable I love him making fun of it.

I wish they would've had an actual Full Metal Mayham match where only ladders and hams were allowed to be used as weapons.

Top Bottom