• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

bangai-o

Banned
tumblr_mkss9vFa961s04nqbo1_500.jpg

Punk uses beats-by-dre? doesnt he realize they are not that great?

strobogo

Banned
I had an OVW/UPW DVD that was sold in stores that was "Today's Stars Yesterday" kind of thing. It was interesting. I know there were Cena, Joe, and Orton matches, but I don't really remember the specifics.

Carnby

Now that I no longer have free cable, I am seriously considering giving up WWE. At first I thought I would just downgrade to a cheap package so that I could continue to watch Raw and PPVs. But after the past few shows, I don't think it will be worth the money.

RIP 2010 - 2013

Now that I no longer have free cable, I am seriously considering giving up WWE. At first I thought I would just downgrade to a cheap package so that I could continue to watch Raw and PPVs. But after the past few shows, I don't think it will be worth the money.

RIP 2010 - 2013

Just subscribe to their YouTube channel. You can watch Raw, Main Event, Smackdown, etc. in a fraction of the time through condensed clips. Then come to the thread to read about the stuff they cut out and animated gifs.

LEVIATHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Brace yourself... as there's more...

---

September 1st 2001 - OVW - TV Show

http://digitialageofwrestling.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/september-1st-2001-ohio-valley-wrestling.html (Contains a few GIFS)

Rhyno vs. Damaja
Kanyon vs. Dinsmore
OVW Heavyweight Title: Machine vs. The Big Show
Main Event 6-Man Tag Team Match: Bolin Services Black/Rico/Prototype vs. the Disciples of Synn Payne/Damien/Leviathan

Should I spoiler the card for future reviews or leave it as is?

bangai-o

Banned

RIP 2010 - 2013

ha! i dont have cable either but i can still watch the youtube channel. sometimes ill go to my grandmas house to watch the whole show with commercials.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The more recaps I read from our guys the more I want to start a site to showcase it. A nice one. :(

Sokantish

I really hate the idea of a WWE Draft especially because you know they were doing it because they couldn't think of a good idea to bring people over to RAW or vice versa so they just threw that out there

strobogo

Banned
The brand split is officially over, though, so there is no reason for them to keep guys on specific shows. It's basically just an excuse to run two sets of house shows at a time now. And even then, there is usually over lap.

The draft stopping really being interesting in 2005 or 2006.

If the WWE had any actual managers/factions, it might be somewhat interesting to see them bid for rookies coming up from NXT in a draft or whatever. Certainly make them seem 'wanted' ala Macho Man, I guess.

The brand split is officially over, though, so there is no reason for them to keep guys on specific shows. It's basically just an excuse to run two sets of house shows at a time now. And even then, there is usually over lap.

The draft stopping really being interesting in 2005 or 2006.

The only time I ever liked it was during thebuild up to the Bragging Rights PPV, and the only reasonI liked it then was that they had heels and faces teaming up to fight other heels and faces for the greater good... there was some decent storylines/moments from that.

They should get rid of what's left of the brand split, get rid of all the mid-card titles that don't mean a damn and divide the roster into Heavyweights & Jr. Heavyweights. Unify the WWE & World titles to become the WWE World Heavyweight Title, have the Intercontinental Title as a secondary belt and then resurrect the cruiser-weight belt as the WWE Jr. Heavyweight Title. Also, either scrap the tag belts and divas belt, or build a meaningful division around them. Oh, and fire the writing staff and give the book to wrestling folk who know wrestling. There, done.

Also, still mentioning Cena-ass.gif? That's a CZW'in;

http://i.minus.com/iv6C6oqadhp4E.gif

The titles is odd.

1 - WWE Title
2 - World Heavyweight Title

All the other ones are whatever. World Heavyweight Title is basically the IC Title of old now, but without anyone actually being the 'workhorse'.

Slizeezyc

They should get rid of what's left of the brand split, get rid of all the mid-card titles that don't mean a damn and divide the roster into Heavyweights & Jr. Heavyweights. Unify the WWE & World titles to become the WWE World Heavyweight Title, have the Intercontinental Title as a secondary belt and then resurrect the cruiser-weight belt as the WWE Jr. Heavyweight Title. Also, either scrap the tag belts and divas belt, or build a meaningful division around them. Oh, and fire the writing staff and give the book to wrestling folk who know wrestling. There, done.

tumblr_m310idYkOh1r5hmnq.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
tumblr_mkss9vFa961s04nqbo1_500.jpg

Punk uses beats-by-dre? doesnt he realize they are not that great?

He actually loves them. Over during the Wrestlemania hype week, he mentioned that he does so many phone interviews that he uses Beats to listen to music and conduct phone interviews without moving a muscle. Best invention in years

DDP is a CHIKARA fan. Success!

Diamond Dallas Page ✔ @RealDDP

If you want to watch a fun alternative wrestling show to WWE, check out @Chikarapro. Thanks to @TeamLouie for introducing me to them
8:15 PM - 20 Apr 2013

strobogo

Banned

That's nice and all, but most of the roster is in the junior/cruiserweight range. There is Cena, Henry, Shoe, Sheamus, and Ryback as the only guys in that level that are actually heavyweights.

That's nice and all, but most of the roster is in the junior/cruiserweight range. There is Cena, Henry, Shoe, Sheamus, and Ryback as the only guys in that level that are actually heavyweights.

Just use the New Japan weight limits - 220 and under = Jr. Heavyweight. Plenty of guys above that...although Punk would have to gain a couple of pounds, or drop down a division, lol.

You'd be surprised at how many guys they bill as over 220;

Heavyweight; Alberto, Riley, Cesaro, Langston, Big Show, Bo, Brock, Brodus, Camacho, Jericho, Hawkins, Sandow, Young, Otunga, Ambrose, Bateman, Drew, Fandango, Khali, Swagger, The Usos, Jinder, Cena, JTG, Kane, Henry, Mason, McGillibuddy, Miz, Orton, Reigns, Ryback, Santino, Sheamus, Ted Jr, Tensai, Titus, Barrett

Jr. Heavyweight; Christian, Cody, Bryan, Punk, Dolph, Epico, Bourne, Slater, Hunico, Gabriel, Kofi, Primo, Truth, Rey, Rollins, Sin Cara, Kidd, Tatsu, Ryder.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
No to the cruiserweight or light heavyweight or Jr. Heavyweight for WWE. It served it's purpose when companies in the States were focused on "the big guys", but it was best when they went away from that and allowed wrestlers of any size to compete against anyone else. So many great matches happened without the stigma and without the stigma we lost any real need to show off the smaller guys.

I do think they could return to the belts standing for something however, even if it's unstated just as the Intercontinental Championship used to be the title given to the "better wrestler" while the WWF title was for the more marketable person. Even X Division at it's best I believe was during the period when it was all about a focus on faster paced styles.

Take the U.S. Championship and make it more focused, internally and let it show by those who hold it, on being about the "tough belt". Wear the belt, be more of a hard hitting striker or more traditional U.S. wrestling that came out of territories. [Insert Harley Race picture here].

Take the IC Championship and as it holds the European Championship legacy, give it internally the Catch-As-Catch can focus or Greco-Roman or whatever they want to decide is more European. More technical, ground based, focus on holds that hurt and slow down wrestlers rather than a high flying spectacle.

Take the World Heavyweight Championship and let it be heavyweight based like CMLL World Heavyweight Championship. More focused on building guys who come in for only a set amount of time or those who weigh 105kg or above. Either that or make it the endurance belt, wrestlers who have it take more punishment.

WWE Championship, that can stay the same.

Paige should become the NXT Women's Champion and then destroy the WWE Diva's championship.

None of those are what I expect nor even want that much, except the last one, but something to that degree. Give the titles meaning either by them saying it or how wrestlers respond to it and act while they carry it. Right now only the WWE title means anything and the rest are just nice to have so wrestlers get more screen time on WWE.com Superstars page.

Del Rio getting that cheap Face pop last night in Newcastle.

tumblr_mlkm60qx8b1rg11eyo2_400.gif

Wearing a Black & White scarf, which are the colours of the local football (soccer) team.

Zeb got cheap heel heat by bigging up Sunderland (Newcastle's Rivals).

Top Bottom