• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Heel

CM Punk and Lita were in attendance for last night's UFC on FOX show from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California. The couple was seen sitting near the cage with other stars.

Punk attended last weekend's UFC event also and will be attending the April 27th UFC 159 pay-per-view from New Jersey where his friend Chael Sonnen will take on Jon Jones.

Friends, I wish they'd quit trolling us.

I'm proud to say that I've never clicked on any of Boootay's linkified .gifs.

1254172884282.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you think punk is going to pull a big Dave?

or Chael will be in the square circle in 2014

Punk doesn't have the brains or ability to change his body to have a prayer in MMA. Sonnen's going to get a reminder that he is no longer able to fight worth a shit and he should move on before it's too late.

You used to shit on him all the time. What are you talking about? Did you suddenly like him because he might go to the E now as Hornswoggle's midget partner?

Shit, I might have complained about his booking in ROH, the way he went ridiculously over the top in those title matches with Eddie & Roderick and the way Cornette was building the promotion around him at a point when the fans'd had enough of him, rather than a year previously when they actually wanted to see him in the top spot. But, I'm entirely sick of reading about how much Davey Richards flat-out sucks when the fact is he's a talented wrestler in terms of his athleticism and ability and it was by no accident that he found himself at the top of the indy wrestling scene a couple of years back. I'll watch great shows from promotions like PWX & AAW and he'll have the best damn match on the card. Even though I despised his run on top in ROH and even though if I wish he'd sell a bit more and do a little less, he's still a great wrestler, undeniably so, imo.

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
I'm proud to say that I've never clicked on any of Boootay's linkified .gifs.

You're missing out :)

Give into the CZW-side!

is Davey still holding that Britsh indie title hostage or was that a work?

Work, playing off the negativity surrounding that incident he had, bailing on some indy show in Iowa.

TheNatural

My Member!
Punk doesn't have the brains or ability to change his body to have a prayer in MMA. Sonnen's going to get a reminder that he is no longer able to fight worth a shit and he should move on before it's too late.

I dunno, Punk is pretty small. He's short and not roided, if he could cut to atomweight there's no one in that division worth a shit so he could probably take Midget Mouse.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Might be old news but, according to PWInsider:

A new live event for WWE in Japan has been announced, as the RAW brand will perform at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo, Japan on July 4, a Thursday.

The current WWE wrestlers advertised include John Cena, CM Punk, Ryback and Dolph Ziggler, among others.

The tour will continue the next night in the same arena. Tickets are on sale now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also worth noting that Good ol' Jim Ross made a visit to the UFC offices this week.

Coup of the century! I'd love to see him commentate MMA. I think he's done it before, also.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you see my post in the other thread where Coleman wanted to fight Punk because they showed Punk on TV instead of him? LOL.

Weird timing for me, watched the old fight where Coleman lost to Pete Williams. Good scrap, good memories.

Heel

Coup of the century! I'd love to see him commentate MMA. I think he's done it before, also.

I don't believe he's ever done it, but I know he's a big fan and often gives tips to current MMA announcers on how to sell a match. I think he'd be great in some capacity for the UFC. At the very least in some kind of backstage role to improve the presentation of the announcers, arena and athletes.

Heel

Did you see my post in the other thread where Coleman wanted to fight Punk because they showed Punk on TV instead of him? LOL.

On a related note, MMA veteran Mark Coleman was upset with Punk at last weekend's UFC event. Because UFC producers decided to show Punk on TV instead of Coleman, Coleman became furious to the point he wanted to attack Punk and start a fight with him. Nothing came of it but the situation on Coleman's side was serious enough that several people at the event were talking about it.

IS IT A SHOOT? lol

strobogo

Banned
I support Davey going to WWE only to see him involved in comedy angles and be jobber entranced for life until he throws a hissy fit like Low Ki and bolts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
guy who's compared only to great muta in his ability and storytelling ie one of the best ring psychology wrestlers of all time
vs
OrCQAOH.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Chael Sonnen was in the WCW Power Plant program. He planned on returning but WCW died.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone saying "Davey Richards sucks" clearly didn't watch him in 2010. Guy had amazing match of the year candidates in both ROH and Dragon Gate.

I must have missed the story. Is he seriously getting picked up by the WWE?

EDIT: Scrolled back and saw his comment. Hmm, that could be interesting. Would love to see Richards vs. PAC/Adrian Neville. NXT would be next level if they picked up Richards, and then somehow snatched Adam Cole as well.

Hope Richards still does ROH Border Wars!!

somedevil

WWE is basically creating the super Indie called NXT now with Triple H hiring all the new talent and basically the end of Vince's Mason Ryan fetish.

1m5M45f.jpg

strobogo

Banned
The spot would make a little more sense if Davey was doing rolling suplexes instead of Eddie Eddie Edwards Edwards no selling the superplex to do his own suplex. Did that spot continue on the floor?

lol that spot makes NO sense. In fact it looks like something Cena would do. Totally no sell a superplex and somehow become even more stronger.

If it were Cena it would go straight into an AA after no selling the superplex while Cole shrieks about the strength of Cena, I now want to see it happen.

Kaladin

388169_10151408368991443_541985866_n.png

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Alucard

Banned
guy who's compared only to great muta in his ability and storytelling ie one of the best ring psychology wrestlers of all time
vs
OrCQAOH.gif

Strong style fighting spirit!

I don't mind no selling depending on the point we're at in the match. Honestly, a guy acting like he just died after every single move is much more unrealistic to me than a guy who falls on his back and is still running on adrenaline, so he gets up and takes out the other guy.

Watch Davey Richards vs. Kota Ibushi in a fun match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6fXKP5MOE (under 15 minutes)

Wish we got this kind of action regularly in the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It ain't Eve, that lady doesn't have muscles. And Punk looks ridiculous with all the heavy makeup. I remember once WWE colored Taker's goatee with sharpie, I died laughing how obvious it was.

Top Bottom