• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

I dread WWE doing the football jersey thing on RAW - where they think they can get a face pop for someone when they wear it.

I can see them thinking Chelsea or Arsenal would get a face pop in London and forgetting Spurs, West Ham, Fulham, QPR, Charlton... and more, then wondering what they did wrong.

Kyoufu

I dread WWE doing the football jersey thing on RAW - where they think they can get a face pop for someone when they wear it.

I can see them thinking Chelsea or Arsenal would get a face pop in London and forgetting Spurs, West Ham, Fulham, QPR, Charlton... and more, then wondering what they did wrong.

Yeah, they'd get a huge pop for Man United shirts.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Just have the face wearing an England shirt and the heel dressed as George Osborne.

gurudyne

Leaves enough people to keep things interesting.

Ziggles, E, AJ, Ryback, Cesaro, Kane, DBry, Miz, Kofi, Tons of Funk, PTP, CRhodes, Sandow, every Diva, Ryder, 3MB, Shield

Tag and midcard-heavy ticket (possible Divas match) with one promo by Cena/run in by Ryback/Shield, looks like. With the exceptions of Zeb, Fandango and possibly Barret, the card looks healthier than it normally would. No anemic Sheamus/Orton/Show storyline, no half-cooked ADR face-pandering.

I'd love to job to Naomi. It's crazy how WWE isn't using their Divas like they did in the 90s. Sable, Trish, Deborah, etc.

And I don't really watch NXT but love Emma. They could really have a solid Divas division with the NXT and current roster (too bad Beth and Kong aren't there).

Classic Match of the Day:

Shinya Hashimoto vs Hiroshi Hase - (NJPW 08/03/93)

First round match from the 1993 G1 Climax tournament here as Hiroshi Hase takes on the New Japan ace, Shinya Hashimoto. This match does a number of things really well, not least the excellent mat work and selling from Hase, but also in that it gets over that Hase's a tough, smart competitor and that Hash is an incredibly formidable opponent. Right from the start, Hase wants no part of a stand-up fight with Hashimoto. The first opportunity he gets, he takes things to the mat and puts a lot of work in on Hash's legs and neck. Hashimoto frees himself and throws some big-ass kicks. The speed at which Hase tries to take things to the mat again would be almost comical, were it not for the sounds of Hashimoto's stiff strikes ringing in the audience's ears. Hase does again get him grounded though, but Hash just pulls back Hase's pad and punches him in the kneecap! Hashimoto goes to work, hitting some more sick strikes and seriously damaging Hase's knee. He locks in a half crab, but Hase smartly escapes and goes back to working on the leg, however, now it's a game of counters & positioning, with both guys taking a lot of punishment to the legs so far and trying to turn this to their advantage. Hash eventually regains control and then brutalises Hase with more kicks, but a low-dropkick to the knee sends him sprawling and Hase goes straight back to the leg. But it seems that no matter what he tries, Hashimoto is all but impervious while, similarly, from Hash's perspective Hase looks like a guy who just will not quit. As they head into the finishing stretch, Hase is getting battered as Hash zeroes in on the win, but he just can't quite hit the sheer drop brainbuster. Classic finish here and an important, but sometimes overlooked, match in both guys careers.

iblSiJryC3LwOi.gif
iD4y9cUFzs2nD.gif

That santino segment last year was just painful to watch.

Oh and Kings clearly forced commentary during it.

Brock wins with a SSP. The guy was actually at least as far if not farther away than Kurt was at WM19 and Bork has zero issues hitting him.

Distance wasn't the problem at WM. He just hesitated a bit and mistimed his jump based on his knee bend so he didn't get full height.

In that dark match gif, you can see he bounces on the top rope a little to get momentum and times his jump right.

It won't happen, but it would be amazing if he did that off the cage at this next PPV to finish off this boring feud.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, PMed Evilore about the WrassleGAF content blog. Those of you interested in writing for it, I'd like to hear from you via PM about column ideas. Recaps, things like that - just so I can have a rough idea of who is interested and dedicated.

Alucard

Banned
What's the content plan for it? News? Retro? Reviews?

Just a suggestion for now.

News and news commentary
Raw and Impact discussion (for the 3-4 people who actually watch Impact)

Or whatever everyone's up for. Could do GAF fantasy discussion.

I'd just like to see this happen to give me another good wrestling podcast to tune into. Not saying I'd be interested in running it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus H, watching the Raw after Mania in 99 and Big Show comes out to Luke Gallows' WWE music.

I wonder how WWE will fuck up The Shield vs Brothers of Destruction ft. Daniel "B. Dazzler" Bryan tomorrow.

DQ or count out finish that leads to PPV match. Waste to put it on TV especially because Taker is involved.

At least we wont get Fandango on this RAW with some sort of cringe worthy segment. HEY YOU GUYZ WANT TO GO FANDANGOING WITH ME. LETS GO FANDANGOING!! It would have actually worked on this RAW since the crowd wont be as dead as last weeks.

DQ or count out finish that leads to PPV match. Waste to put it on TV especially because Taker is involved.

I guess Taker will finally retire at Mania 30 - seems a good place as any (cannot see him pushing for 25-0)
He will likely take his usual break at the end of the year, so he won't be on RAW for the next time they are in UK at the end of the year
This is likely his last opportunity to have a Live UK match

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Forget Raw tomorrow night, make sure you tune in right after - GWF comin for you Wrasslegaf!

bangai-o

Banned
Ok, PMed Evilore about the WrassleGAF content blog. Those of you interested in writing for it, I'd like to hear from you via PM about column ideas. Recaps, things like that - just so I can have a rough idea of who is interested and dedicated.
what about Shield role-play?

Entropia

No One Remembers

I can't wait for SoulPlaya's Kane-Porium!

Leaves enough people to keep things interesting.

Ziggles, E, AJ, Ryback, Cesaro, Kane, DBry, Miz, Kofi, Tons of Funk, PTP, CRhodes, Sandow, every Diva, Ryder, 3MB, Shield

Tag and midcard-heavy ticket (possible Divas match) with one promo by Cena/run in by Ryback/Shield, looks like. With the exceptions of Zeb, Fandango and possibly Barret, the card looks healthier than it normally would. No anemic Sheamus/Orton/Show storyline, no half-cooked ADR face-pandering.
6 man tag elimination match.

Top Bottom