• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Something happens at Smackdown!

Dean Ambrose vs Undertaker. Match is 6-7 minutes. Undertaker and wins by Chokeslam and then hell gates for the win. The shield attack and Reigns spears Undertaker through the barrier. They then powerbomb him threw the announcetable and stand over him. Well the Undertaker is now probably gone till whenever.

Might have to watch Smackdown for the first time in 6 years lol.

bangai-o

Banned
Kurt Angle vs Hiroshi Tanahashi NJPW 2009

It's like Cena vs Angle, but in Japan. 2009 was the height of Angle's creepy maybe about to die look.

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Lot of amateur style wrasslin at the start. The look on Kurt's face when Tanahashi grabbed a leg was great.

Tanahashi works a headlock like a mother fucker. And keeps going back to it if Kurt gets out. Kurt hits a belly to belly and then sells the head lock by rubbing the sides of his heads. I actually don't think I've ever seen someone really sell that their head hurt from a headlock. ROUGH looking back breaker. It looked like something broke.

They trade some signature moves including the Swing Blade. Pop up Angle Slam! Two count. Rolling Germans is turned into an overhead release dragon suplex.

Frog splash missed. Angle slam. This ended the match in their last encounter. Not this time. Tanahashi gets out of the ankle lock, hits a dragon screw, and then locks on a Texas cloverleaf. This goes back into the ankle lock. Another Swing Blade. Kurt tries a pop up belly to belly, but gets knocked off. A standing frog splash, and 2 normal frog splashes later, Tanahashi wins!

is it like Cena vs Angle based on the popularity of Tanahashi? or does Tanahashi resemble much of Cena's persona?

somedevil

is it like Cena vs Angle based on the popularity of Tanahashi? or does Tanahashi resemble much of Cena's persona?

His popularity and drawing power. Meltzer calls him Cena and Okada Orton because he is still unsure of his drawing power. Though Meltzer should call Okada Flair for how he went through 100,000 like it was nothing.

A bit of both - he's the media friendly face of the company who appeals to younger audiences and, while a good wrestler, he is criticised by the hardcore fans for his flashy and limited move-set. He doesn't quite have five moves of doom, but he does love his 'dragon screw > sling blade > high fly flow' combo. It also helps that he's 10x the wrestler Cena is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
His popularity and drawing power. Meltzer calls him Cena and Okada Orton because he is still unsure of his drawing power. Though Meltzer should call Okada Flair for how he went through 100,000 like it was nothing.

It's going to be sad 10 years from now when Okada's living on the streets and Naito's going into the hall of fame.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know, I think $100K could be blown through pretty quickly if you bought a high end car or two and lots of other stupid flashy shit. Rings, suits, bottles of bub, strippers.

It's going to be sad 10 years from now when Okada's living on the streets and Naito's going into the hall of fame.

Pffft, Okada's just 25, he's already a 2 time IWGP Heavyweight Champion - he's got plenty of time to learn some fiscal responsibility. And in 10 years time Naito's going to be 40, but has yet to win a singles title. I guess he better hurry up and prove he's the genius that everyone claims ;)

tm24

Pffft, Okada's just 25, he's already a 2 time IWGP Heavyweight Champion - he's got plenty of time to learn some fiscal responsibility. And in 10 years time Naito's going to be 40, but has yet to win a singles title. I guess he better hurry up and prove he's the genius that everyone claims ;)

Ouch.

bangai-o

Banned
A bit of both - he's the media friendly face of the company who appeals to younger audiences and, while a good wrestler, he is criticised by the hardcore fans for his flashy and limited move-set. He doesn't quite have five moves of doom, but he does love his 'dragon screw > sling blade > high fly flow' combo. It also helps that he's 10x the wrestler Cena is.

maybe he limits his move-set to stay healthy? I dont know what the ideals of the company are though. WWE is in a position where they need Cena healthy.

strobogo

Banned
Then he probably shouldn't have been doing the top rope fameasser for 3 years after a neck and back injury. And he should probably learn to take a flat back bump again instead of taking every bump tail bone first.

maybe he limits his move-set to stay healthy? I dont know what the ideals of the company are though. WWE is in a position where they need Cena healthy.

Tanahashi's still the top guy and the biggest draw and they would maybe struggle a bit if he were injured for any significant amount of time, but he (along with Nakamura) are definitely getting ready to make way for the next generation - Okada vs Naito is the future of the company and New Japan know that.

Sorry but if either of these two can't make it in WWE then they ain't shite, m8.

Am I right fellas?

Show me some love for putting these weeaboos in their place.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Hm
Young, pretty boy with a sudden meteoric push to the top

Ya boy got Pat Patterson'd to the top, sucka

Might have to watch Smackdown for the first time in 6 years lol.

You missed Hardy/Punk, Straight Edge Society, Swagger Soaring Eagle, the birth of Brotista, Edge/Kane, Alberto Del Rio/Mysterio, Hall of Pain, Dashing/Undashing Cody Rhodes, the Daniel Bryan ascension.

The only times that Smackdown has been the weaker show were for a period of time after they traded Punk to Raw and basically everything since Sheamus won the title at the last Mania to the point where it's now unwatchable.

Sorry but if either of these two can't make it in WWE then they ain't shite, m8.

Am I right fellas?

Show me some love for putting these weeaboos in their place.

iLxJ1PjgwKDNW.gif

Hm
Young, pretty boy with a sudden meteoric push to the top

Ya boy got Pat Patterson'd to the top, sucka

Quiet, you! Clearly Jado & Gedo know raw talent when they see it and they should be complimented on their foresight.

Using context clues and deductive reasoning from both bangai-o's and your posts I've managed to narrow it down to either:

- Black girls making themselves look like anime characters/Japanese girls

- Full-figured and tan Japanese girls

- African and Japanese mixed raced girls

- All of the above

So as you can see, I'm no closer to understanding "black-gal" than I was before.

You missed Hardy/Punk, Straight Edge Society, Swagger Soaring Eagle, the birth of Brotista, Edge/Kane, Alberto Del Rio/Mysterio, Hall of Pain, Dashing/Undashing Cody Rhodes, the Daniel Bryan ascension.

The only times that Smackdown has been the weaker show were for a period of time after they traded Punk to Raw and basically everything since Sheamus won the title at the last Mania to the point where it's now unwatchable.

Well I only started watching RAW again for 1.5 years now. So it's not like I was avoiding SD only to watch shitty RAW for all those years.

I don't know, I think $100K could be blown through pretty quickly if you bought a high end car or two and lots of other stupid flashy shit. Rings, suits, bottles of bub, strippers.

I always told myself that if I ever came into a large sum of money, the only extravagant things I would purchase would be a big house and a solid gold, self-cleaning toilet with spinny rims that spin when you flush.

strobogo

Banned
I always told myself that if I ever came into a large sum of money, the only extravagant things I would purchase would be a big house and a solid gold, self-cleaning toilet with spinny rims that spin when you flush.

$100K isn't going to buy you a big house in most places of America, at least. Even in the mid west. A nice house, absolutely, but not a mansion or anything.

Entropia

No One Remembers
$100K isn't going to buy you a big house in most places of America, at least. Even in the mid west. A nice house, absolutely, but not a mansion or anything.

Man, looking at houses in Kansas for $100k is depressing. Most of these would be at least $275k here.

Actually, looking at it, some decent houses that are right in the worst neighbourhood in town. (i.e. where the Hells Angels hang out)(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Keep in mind, housing market's pretty cheap right now too. Or was. My friend got his house for a steal, same with my old boss.

Yeah, when I say "large sum of money," I meant way more than 100k, lol. Still, I could probably live off of 100k for a good few months. Probably nearly a year.

Chopper

Just got back from Smackdown in London. Amazing show. No Ziggler, Bryan or Kane, but otherwise quality.

I don't know if it'll be televised, but at the end, the
New Age Outlaws came out to make the save for Taker, swiftly followed by HHH. I never thought I'd mark out for HHH again, but seeing him side by side with Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, whilst hoisting Taker to his feet and helping him backstage...

Brought a tear to my eye. I don't think I'll ever get to see that mixture of people in a ring ever again.

Not a single Bryan, Jericho, Taker or Ziggler T-shirt to be had at the merch stand. A shit load of Cena. I counted 5(!) different Sheamus T-shirts. A couple for Orton, a couple for Sin Cara(?!), a whole lad of Ryback and a Barrett Barrage that I nearly committed to Ended up just getting a yellow GTS shirt for my girlfriend. Lame selection.

I was very happy that all the little Cena marks in their fucking head bands went home disappointed. I think that makes me a bad person, but fuck it. I had an amazing night.

Kaladin

Jesus... seriously? If someone sai, "here is $100k, do what you will." You could live off that ALONE for 4 years?

That's a rough estimate considering I have a $450/month car payment and would be paying ~$800 in rent for my own place. Working on about a $2k/month budget, it works out to about 4 years.

Top Bottom