• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

The fact that most people thought Jigsaw was in the right shows how muddled the storyline was/is - it made far more sense to me that Quack would turn on Jigsaw. I never saw Quack turning full heel, but I certainly saw him having enough of Jigsaw's condemnation towards his actions and turning on him. It just seemed weird to me, especially the way Jigsaw did literally one heelish thing (superkicking Quack) and then BANG, he's a full-on heel, being a complete dick, cheating to win, etc.

That's about all the time travel stuff, right? I saw some people talking about it and the potential of Peck being champion, but haven't listened to it yet. Sometimes I love that CHIKARA's so in-depth, but other times I wish I didn't have to read a bunch of blogs and listen to podcasts to get the full story. If there's one thing that would improve CHIKARA ten-fold, imo, it'd be some slick video packages on the DVDs.

I'm with you there, I'm liking the Colony stuff (especially how awesome assailANT has become) but have no idea where it's leading and everything else is pretty great (although I'm disappointed that Delirious' promise to make UMB's life a living hell hasn't really come to fruition, as of yet). But, I always saw the GEKIDO thing as the main feud, probably because there have been so many invading factions over the past few years, and feel it was particularly underwhelming, especially so if the only real purpose was to turn Jigsaw heel.

I thought it was a good way to swerve people without being stupid about it. Quack was going to extreme lengths but he was thinking long term for everyone involved in CHIKARA. Jigsaw wanted personal glory, his motives were exposed to be selfish.Although I do think it was weird that Jigsaw did go full heel overnight like you said. Quack also never turned on Jigsaw despite him fighting Quack at every turn.

Yeah it's the time travel podcast. The guy who writes The Atomic Elbow came up with the theory. It's a cool idea and thinking about it kind of makes sense, but I don't have any idea how they would pull it off. I do agree with you that you there is a lot involved with following CHIKARA. It's too much for some fans and CHIKARA needs to finds a way to remedy the situation. Video packages would be a great idea. Instead of all the blogs just have all that stuff happen on the DVD.

Delirious keeps talking about 2014 but I'm with you his war with UMB has not been going his way at all. You would think that UMB would be having the worst stretch of his career, but it's been the total opposite. Maybe the turning point will come at the IPPV, I wouldn't think they would wait for next season to really start things. Agree with you on GEKIDO so far. Seemed like it would be major with the invading of the ROH show and all but who knows how it will all play out. Maybe Quack will come back as 17 and everything will make sense.

FallingEdge - Kazuchika Okada
Sunflower - Disco Inferno
jred2k - Bret Hart
Sephzilla - Undertaker
Aiii - Goldberg
Mr. Luchador - Owen Hart
El Pescado - Daniel Bryan
gurudyne - Kurt Angle
CrunchinJelly - Davey Boy Smith
strobogo - Kanyon
Shark Johnson - Val Venis
The Incarnation - Benoit
A Pretty Panda - Hiroshi Tanahashi
Ithil - Antonio Cesaro
Bootaaay - Stan Hansen
mechashiva - Cima
Mr. Sandman - Mitsuharu Misawa '09
Professor Beef - Ryback
slightconfuse - Kenny Omega
Lambda Piscium - Lesnar
BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! - Austin
McNei1y - Punk
Perspicacity - Inoki
BillRiccio - Macho Man
Jitters - Morishima
beanman25 - D-Lo
Nocturnowl - Wade Barrett
tm24 - La Sombra
Snaku - DDP
UberTag - Edge '12
sf2fanatic - Ultimo Dragon
Pizoxuat - Regal

Matthew Gallant - Chono
Vestal - Malenko

And we are set. I will try a dry run tonight before starting to sim and upload the matches this weekend.

Good luck!

jred2k - Bret Hart
Sephzilla - Undertaker
Aiii - Goldberg
Mr. Luchador - Owen Hart
gurudyne - Kurt Angle
strobogo - Kanyon
The Incarnation - Benoit
Ithil - Antonio Cesaro
Bootaaay - Stan Hansen
mechashiva - Cima
Professor Beef - Ryback
Lambda Piscium - Lesnar
McNei1y - Punk
Perspicacity - Inoki
BillRiccio - Macho Man
Jitters - Morishima
beanman25 - D-Lo
tm24 - La Sombra
Snaku - DDP
UberTag - Edge '12
Pizoxuat - Regal

And we are set. I will try a dry run tonight before starting to sim and upload the matches this weekend.

Good luck!
You left me out!
(Spirit Squad Nicky)

-AWESOME LIST OF WRESTLERS-

Good luck!

WrassleGAF really should be commended for having such diverse and awesome taste. I would love to see an actual dream tournament with this lineup.
EDIT: Without Benoit that is. Fuck that guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Would you all say Wrasslegaf is a more well-rounded community now than it was a year ago, in terms of watching more than just WWE?

Fave five time? Fave five;

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Daniel Bryan
3. Tomoaki Honma
4. Suwama
5. HUB/Kaijin Habu Otoko

I thought it was a good way to swerve people without being stupid about it. Quack was going to extreme lengths but he was thinking long term for everyone involved in CHIKARA. Jigsaw wanted personal glory, his motives were exposed to be selfish.Although I do think it was weird that Jigsaw did go full heel overnight like you said. Quack also never turned on Jigsaw despite him fighting Quack at every turn.

I think I might be more disappointed with the turn because I was so certain is was going to play out that Quack wanted GEKIDO gone before they could reveal their identities, that he had something to hide from CHIKARA and would go to great lengths to prevent his secret from being revealed, etc.

BillRiccio said:
Maybe Quack will come back as 17 and everything will make sense

That would be pretty cool! Hell, I'd like to see 17 return anyway - I thought the idea around his gimmick of a man who knows 17 submissions that even the master Mike Quackenbush doesn't know was a BAD ASS idea!

Perspicacity said:
WrassleGAF really should be commended for having such diverse and awesome taste. I would love to see an actual dream tournament with this lineup.

For some reason, I kinda think Stan Hansen vs Ryback would be fucking amazing. Stan always had great matches with other big guys and if anyone could make Ryback look like a million bucks, it'd be Hansen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five:

1. Dave Batista's backcatalogue
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. Tenryu's backcatalogue
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Disco Inferno's backcatalogue

I guess that isn't fair, is it

It doesn't matter, Misawa Wins.

ibig2Ha3sBO54U.gif

Fave Five:

1. Brandon Sanderson
2. Joe Hill
3. Neil Gaiman
4. Scott Lynch
5. Robert McCammon

Summer reading FTW.

Fave Five authors?

1. Terry Pratchett
2. Kurt Vonnegut
3. Fritz Lieber
4. Harlan Ellison
5. Patrick Rothfuss

Vestal

jred2k - Bret Hart
Sephzilla - Undertaker
Aiii - Goldberg
Mr. Luchador - Owen Hart
gurudyne - Kurt Angle
strobogo - Kanyon
The Incarnation - Benoit
Ithil - Antonio Cesaro
Bootaaay - Stan Hansen
mechashiva - Cima
Professor Beef - Ryback
Lambda Piscium - Lesnar
McNei1y - Punk
Perspicacity - Inoki
BillRiccio - Macho Man
Jitters - Morishima
beanman25 - D-Lo
tm24 - La Sombra
Snaku - DDP
UberTag - Edge '12
Pizoxuat - Regal

Good luck!
add me if possible. The man of a 1000 holds

I think I might be more disappointed with the turn because I was so certain is was going to play out that Quack wanted GEKIDO gone before they could reveal their identities, that he had something to hide from CHIKARA and would go to great lengths to prevent his secret from being revealed, etc.

This would have been cool. We all hear stories about Quack, this would have been an awesome way to turn it in to a storyline.

edit.

Fave Five

5. Archibald Peck
4. Daniel Bryan
3. Akira Tozawa
2. Orange Cassidy
1. Ultra Mantis Black

Also, wasn't Punk vs Venis Punk's first TV match with WWE?

Come to think of it when did WWE stop bring in random indie guys as jobbers?

Back in the day loads of guys had random matches on Heat or whatever other C show they had before ever getting signed. Heck a lot of guys like Samoa Joe had televised matches and never signed.

I guess developmental replaces them when they need random jobbers?

"Hiroshi?" Never heard of that dish. Probably tastes awful anyways. The only thing I'm here to do is WIN. And once I get past this first round, I'm going straight to the top. Take a good look, fools. I'M the top of the food chain. Everyone else is just meat on the table.

N1ujLVw.gif

jred2k

Damn, if I lose to FallingEdge in the first round I'm calling shenanigans. The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be isn't allowed to lose.

Fave Five:

1. Dave Batista's backcatalogue
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. Tenryu's backcatalogue
4. Kazuchika Okada
5. Disco Inferno's backcatalogue

I guess that isn't fair, is it

Your making Homeless sad.

Enough of that, here's a match between two ladies that actually get to wrestle;

Hailey Hatred vs Aki Shizuki - (Ishikawa Produce 01/13/13)

Nice shoot-style match here, Shizuki puts up a good fight, while Hailey gets to show off her mat-wrestling skills that aren't always so apparent when she's kicking heads in and throwing girls about the ring.

Hatred rolls out of an armbar and hits a dead-lift German;

ioyWlDIZfb0iD.gif

God, I've missed shoot-style. Haven't seen any good stuff since a Futen show last September.

ROH announced the replacement for Naomichi Marufuji (who injured his knee) at the Border Wars iPPV and TV tapings;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9CD_WvSlDQ

Paul London
!

Huh, was expecting another NOAH talent, but that's pretty cool too, I guess. I always wanted to see him back in ROH, but this way it feels like he's an afterthought, being brought in as a last-minute replacement rather than his comeback being the huge, special moment it probably should be.

So it'll be;

Paul London
vs Davey Richards
at Border Wars and...
Paul London
vs Michael Elgin
at the TV tapings.

somedevil

Raw Ratings breakdown:

In the segment-by-segment, the show opened at a 3.04 rating for the segment with Paul Heyman and HHH to set up the cage match. R-Truth vs. Antonio Cesaro lost 163,000 viewers. Brodus Clay vs. Damien Sandow, and a Dolph Ziggler, A.J., Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox backstage segment gained 153,000 viewers. Chris Jericho vs. Ziggler gained 439,000 viewers which is strong growth these days, doing a 3.35 at the 9 p.m. mark. Cody Rhodes vs. Tensai lost 224,000 viewers. Big E Langston vs. Zack Ryder lost 139,000 viewers. Undertaker & Kane & Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield gained 581,000 viewers, which was strong growth, doing a show high 3.50 quarter at 10 p.m. Fandango vs. William Regal lost 949,000 viewers to a 2.83 quarter. More people tuned out in this segment (basically they lost one out of every five viewers) than nearly any in recent years. This shows the difference between the disconnect of a cult TV audience and the real viewing audience and also the big picture impact of a cult thing on television, not to say that in time this won’t change, but it does give you the real perspective of where it is now. The Divas Battle Royal gained 302,000 viewers. The in-ring Mick Foley, Ryback, John Cena and The Shield final segment gained 548,000 viewers in the overrun, which is good but not great, finishing at a 3.43 overrun.

Poor Fandango almost 1000000 people tuned out after the Undertaker match. Also Ziggler is drawing.

Going to AIW this friday and just found out about the theme for the card.

AIW returns THIS FRIDAY with Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta. All eight matches this Friday are no-rules Urban Street Fights, and FANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING WEAPONS.

Alright dudes what am I bringing on Friday?

Top Bottom