• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

funaki let himself go

AAJ8IAu.gif

It's a minor detail, but you've got mine and sf2fanatic's wrestlers mixed up in the video title.
Good match beanman. I'm gonna want a rematch soon..lol

Thx fallingedge. Next time if they add wordlife cena or heel HBK to the mix I got dibs on them

E: speaking of tag team I'll be hercules. Power and Glory..lol

Ozone

New NXT is up on Hulu. The way they explain that Cesaro is still United States Champion is pretty amazing. But it makes his promo extremely upsetting. :(

Aiii

So not worth it
US Title is poison. The best thing to happen besides AJ becoming #1 contender and Ziggler becoming WHC this month is Cesaro losing that thing.

---

Hm, Randy Orton's documentary is on Netflix. Will check out.

Updated line-up for the ROH 'Border Wars' iPPV on May 4th;

. ROH World Title: Jay Briscoe (c) vs Adam Cole
. NOAH vs ROH: Taiji Ishimori vs Eddie 'Eddie Edwards' Edwards
. First Time Ever: 'Intrepid Traveller' Paul London vs 'The American Wolf' Davey Richards
. ROH World TV Title: Matt Taven (c), w/ Truth Martini vs Mark Briscoe
. I Quit Match: BJ Whitmer vs Rhett Titus
. ROH vs SCUM: 'Unbreakable' Michael Elgin & Jay Lethal vs 2 SCUM members of Corino's choosing
. Special Tag Challenge: ACH & Tadarius Thomas vs Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

I'm actually really looking forward to that opening match - give those four guys 15 minutes and I guarantee they'll tear the house down. London vs Richards should be...interesting. Hope this leads to Paul coming back to ROH full-time. Ishimori vs Edwards should be good Jr. Heavyweight-style match and the main event promises to be great. Not sure if they'll pull the trigger on Adam Cole turning heel, but they really should - his Panama City Playboy gimmick has been great in other promotions. BJ Whitmer vs Rhett Titus...I'm guessing this is the match where BJ sacrifices himself for ROH (again) and the career of Rhett Titus with some insane/scary bump.

Ozone

I'm so confused by the AJ vs. Kaitlyn match on NXT.

Kaitlyn comes out to her shitty new music, but when she wins they play her awesome old music. Can this be a new thing, please?

somedevil

Nothing exciting on main Event huh?

nope the exciting stuff is on Smackdown.

Some News:

It's acknowledged within WWE that several wrestlers on the NXT roster belong on WWE's main roster but Triple H has been particular about having long-term plans ready for new call-ups when they make it to TV.

As noted, independent wrestler Sami Callihan was recently undergoing some medical tests for WWE. These are the tests done right before signing a deal so he may be officially with the company here soon. WWE picked up several wrestlers from the recent tryouts and one of those may be Mike Bennett from Ring of Honor.

Wonder if Maria will comeback too?

Ithil

HHH loves his long term plans. I wonder if he's trying to hold off on a few young promising guys in NXT so he can bring them up when he actually has more control over how they'll be handled. I mean so far the Shield have been handled great, but that's the absolute standouts of NXT/FCW that everyone is high on.

Ithil

Also the "long term plans for new call-ups" thing explains where Bo Dallas went. No plans for him, so no TV time. That and I don't think he's Triple H's preferred type of wrestler (which is "good ones").

Isn't Sheamus a HHH guy? What are their long term plans with him?

What exactly is their long term plan with Cesaro? He came in, won the USA title, probably held it for the longest stretch of time. Then he began his current jobbing role.

What's their long term plan with Zack Ryder? Blah, blah, blah.

McNei1y

What exactly is their long term plan with Cesaro? He came in, won the USA title, probably held it for the longest stretch of time. Then he began his current jobbing.role

Yeah they should figure out long term roles for the current talent first.

Ithil

What exactly is their long term plan with Cesaro? He came in, won the USA title, probably held it for the longest stretch of time. Then he began his current jobbing role.

Sheamus got a long term plan through 2011-2012, they positioned him as the next top face. It didn't really take, so he's on the back burner for now. But I'm sure they intend him to be a big part of things still.

No idea about Cesaro. For the first half of his reign it seemed very deliberate, they were gradually building him up through the card. Than 2013 hit and someone (probably Vince) decided nope, jobbing and yodelling.

No one cares about Zack Ryder in WWE.

Not to mention HHH doesn't really handle the talent once they're on the main roster, Vince always has the final say. It's a miracle the Shield have been protected as they have been. I think HHH can only send them up with a long term plan, once they're up on the main roster they're still at the mercy of Vince and his mood swings.

Cesaro got to wrestle Regal in the Switzerland house show, that must have been an awesome match.

Ryder beat Cesaro at a house show.

More lol dirtsheet lol rumors but I heard Cesaro is being punished because of Punk/Big E/others wearing his shirt at WM.

That sounds like a no-info dirtsheet just making a random guess. He's been jobbed out and ignored since the start of the year, not since WM.

Sheamus got a long term plan through 2011-2012, they positioned him as the next top face. It didn't really take, so he's on the back burner for now.

No idea about Cesaro. For the first half of his reign it seemed very deliberate, they were gradually building him up through the card. Than 2013 hit and someone (probably Vince) decided nope, jobbing and yodelling.

No one cares about Zack Ryder in WWE.

Not to mention HHH doesn't really handle the talent once they're on the main roster, Vince always has the final say. It's a miracle the Shield have been protected as they have been. I think HHH can only send them up with a long term plan, once they're up on the main roster they're still at the mercy of Vince and his mood swings.

Ryder beat Cesaro at a house show.

More lol dirtsheet lol rumors but I heard Cesaro is being punished because of Punk/Big E/others wearing his shirt at WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'll be a good day when wrestling sheds stupid "traditional" backstage bullshit.

I want to run a wrestling promotion. No bullshit, no "wrestler's court" trash, no hazing, run it like a real business and not the carny shit that is still clinging to it.

The business side of wrestling needs to grow the fuck up.

What's their long term plan for Brodus Clay?

Tensai?

The point I'm making is there seems no rhyme or reason to their books and approach on how they plan on to book talent. Besides the Cena/Rock program, I can't think of any significant long term booking.

You have to push faces. You have to push heels so the faces have someone to feud with. It's nothing new. It's crazy when you look back on the Mega Powers and Macho/Hogan feud.

As much crap as TNA gets, they seem to have a better handle of this, just execute it poorly.

I think most of our problem is we just don't "care" because of their booking and commentating.

Ithil

It'll be a good day when wrestling sheds stupid "traditional" backstage bullshit.

I want to run a wrestling promotion. No bullshit, no "wrestler's court" trash, no hazing, run it like a real business and not the carny shit that is still clinging to it.

The business side of wrestling needs to grow the fuck up.

Yeah, it desperately needs to be brought into the 21st Century. The way WWE is run backstage is not befitting a global publicly traded company, it's run like an unofficial high school club.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it desperately needs to be brought into the 21st Century. The way WWE is run backstage is not befitting a global publicly traded company, it's run like an unofficial high school club.

Shit like talent going "Oh, he's a piece of shit, fuck that guy, he shook my hand too hard and I won't let him be stiff with me what a son of a bitch" and more. Fucking horrible.

Kaladin

So I just had my phone interview, I think it went well but as phone interviews go, you never know till you know. As as a plus though, it was only with one person and I was able to converse and get my points across better with them as opposed to a committee. I should hear back sometime next week.

Fingers crossed.

I hate the phone interview stage.

Note to self: send thank you e-mail in a couple of hours.

Top Bottom