• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

strobogo

Banned
More like 1992/1993 HBK

062_06_RR_1993_007.jpg

Or last year HBK

RAW_981_Photo_067.jpg

Bully wanted to end Hulkamania in 2013 :/ Also Aces and eights ran from a 54 and 60 year old.

Seriously. There had to be more than a half dozen members out there. Shield causes carnage with three members. Aces and 8 does 0 with double the personnel.

I don't mind Hogan as the GM but I wish we could be spared from his slow, plodding, flabby in ring performances. And Sting has a bigger gut than Punk. I didn't realize he was 50+

+ Two Knockout matches (too bad they had terrible finishes)
+ Longterm booking (despite Aces and 8 incompetence)
+Chris Daniels and Kaz
+Autin Aries and Bobby Roode

-Brooke Hogan
-Hogan and Sting in the ring
-Aces and 8
-Taryn ring work
-0 Build up to PPV besides main event

Alucard

Banned
How was Impact tonight? Read a quick report. Sounded decent. Hope it breaks the 1.0 mark in ratings, though I know the NFL draft was today, and people care about that for some inexplicable reason.

Kaladin

How was Impact tonight? Read a quick report. Sounded decent. Hope it breaks the 1.0 mark in ratings, though I know the NFL draft was today, and people care about that for some inexplicable reason.

There is no minor league in football, so they get to see these guys fail right off the bat.

I'm thinking about going to the Ybor City show, if I'm still in the area at that time.

Cool man, hope we can meet up.

I'll be home tomorrow night so I'm grabbing the FIP show on wwnlive.com

I'm really interested in Jon Davis vs. Homicide rest of the card should be good too. I'm a huge Maxwell Chicago fan and Fox v. Baretta might be good. Baretta had his working boots on Dragon Gate weekend.

FIP World Heavyweight Championship Match
Jon Davis w/ MSL defends vs. "The Notorious 187" Homicide

First Time Ever
AR Fox vs. Trent Baretta

FIP World Tag Team Championship Match
Dos Ben Dejos of Jay Rios & Eddie Cruz defend vs. The K.O.A.of Sugar Dunkerton & Aaron Epic

Chasyn Rance w/ MSL vs. Lince Dorado

Maxwell Chicago vs. Mikey Webb

Larry Dallas' New Mystery Tag Team w/ Larry Dallas, Trina Michaels & Buggy Nova vs. The British Lion Tommy Taylor & Kenneth Cameron

Jonny Vandal w/ Larry Dallas, Trina Michaels & Buggy Nova vs. Derek Ryze

Alucard

Banned
Found some gifs from tonight's Impact.

d.gif

Did Park just walk into that, or was he pushed, provoked, etc?

a.gif

Nice.

b.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

c.gif

Better than Shawn or Flair?

4-25-2013+9-47-35+PM.jpg

"Gee, I dunnoooooo, Davey."

Happy Birthday Good Guy Glenn!

Also, this weeks guest on The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana is none other than the Million Dollar Man himself, Ted DiBiase!

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Oh man, I hope he talks about Mid-South. Hacksaw barely mentioned it in his interview, which was disappointing, as his best stuff was in Mid-South.

Jitters

I usually trash TNA, but Impact was pretty good earlier. The crowd was great for the KO title match and the build up to the Hogan/Bully confrontation was amazing. Taryn was super cute and Aries/Roode and Bad Influence were great as usual too. Good show.

I'm pumped PCW day is finally here people

Front row tonight to see Steen, Gargano and less excited about Dreamer and Golddust but you can't win em all. Plus a 30 man rumble so I'm almost guaranteed to get killed at ringside

Oh and the million dollar man is there as well

He's too good in the role, he'd steal the show every night. It's a shame, as I think it comes to an end soon? I don't remember him being in that role in 2002 (was it Flair?). So, I've missed sharing/recapping all the golden moments he had with Tajiri :(

In regards to what Maddox is doing right now: not much, BUT-- I have been impressed with how his presence has given Vickie some dimension to her character. Vickie has always been just a generic slimeball. Even when she was with Edge, her lovey-dovey felt exactly the same as her heeling, just slimy. Brickie segments are cool because Vickie will occasionally act like a person instead of Heelbot 3000. He completes her.

Who cares about Kane's birthday? John Cena's birthday was last week, we should be celebrating that instead.

#CENATION
#NEVERGIVEUP
#LETSGOCENA
Cena is old news, GGG is the new and permanent hotness.

That Cena cake up there with Mysterio has old Rey pulling the most terrified face i've ever seen, I can already hear his high pitched "WAAAAH!"

Almost finished watching 1st October 2001's WWF RAW.

Segment of the Night is easily: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpzxz4dg0k
Regal's mastery of the English language is sublime.

Come on now, Johnny Ace was frigging amazing! His time came way too soon.

I really don't feel that way. But it maybe because he wasn't in the position long enough for me to really form an opinion. I will say, he was the last consolidated power figure (besides Crazy 'Ol Vince).

Maybe I'm wearing rose-tinted glasses but the authority figures in the past along with the commentators were better and did a better job of selling the workers and angles.

It's Friday and I wish I had some Emmatainment.

I agree about the commentators being better, they sold the show and the in-ring action well. The balance was right. Now they just seem to be laughing, and talking about movies, apps, and John Cena.

I agree about the commentators being better, they sold the show and the in-ring action well. The balance was right. Now they just seem to be laughing, and talking about movies, apps, and John Cena.

I don't mind laughing or joking. They should be doing that. It makes it more genuine; however, like Goldie/Rogan (despite Goldie's hawking) or NFL/NBA/MLB, they sell the product, sell urgency, sell the talent of the athlete/entertainer.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ IS A SLUT! *snicker*snort*

HEAR THAT CROWD COLE! THEY'RE CHANTING LETS GO SHEAMUS! (*LETS GO BRYAN*)

---
I have no clue why you guys are concluding commentary got worse.

I have no clue why you guys are concluding commentary got worse.
Vince used to be on the commentator chair and couldn't obviously yell in the colors ear what to say.

But let's be honest:

1) J.R.
2) Gordon Solie
3) Gorilla Monsoon

Color
1) Bobby Hennan
2) Jesse Ventura
3) Jerry Lawler

Man, NWA/WCW must have had terrible commentary because I can't remember any good ones (besides J.R.)

Bobby Heenan was fine in WCW, but I don't think he was anywhere near as good as he was in WWF. I didn't mind Larry Zbysko and Mike Tenay was OK in small doses, but the vast majority of WCW's announcers were terrible - Mark Madden?!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bobby Heenan was fine in WCW, but I don't think he was anywhere near as good as he was in WWF. I didn't mind Larry Zbysko and Mike Tenay was OK in small doses, but the vast majority of WCW's announcers were terrible - Mark Madden?!

I love Zbysko. Such a great voice.

Top Bottom