• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

jred2k

but at least Sting would develope new talent with more fueds. who is Ziggler going to face this year anyway?

images

They've finally found a way to get him in to the WHC picture.

Got the first 12 episodes of Shawn Michael's Texas Wrestling Academy TV show 'Total Impact' and man, this is some rough TV. Paul Diamond/Max Moon is playing a character called 'Venom' and Rudy Boy Gonzales is a heel TV champ and is just awful. Episode three has a great Spanky vs American Dragon match, though. Here, have a gif of Rudy Boy tripping up as he tries to get back in the ring;

ih6cPuyj7nhJH.gif

haha I saw these available and was wondering about getting them. It doesn't sound worth it!

Aiii

So not worth it
didnt Sting just scare away 8 members of Aces and 8s? why would three members of Shield pose a challenge?

Because The Shield are winners and aside from Bully Ray, A&8's are jobber central. Literally. One always wins, the other loses everytime.

In fact,mI'm pretty sure I could win a 4-on-1 match against those guys and I'm fat and out of shape.

Because The Shield are winners and aside from Bully Ray, A&8's are jobber central. Literally. One always wins, the other loses everytime.

In fact,mI'm pretty sure I could win a 4-on-1 match against those guys and I'm fat and out of shape.

Well It's the Dutch Show!
It's the Big Bad Dutch Show tonight, y'all!

Watched Neville vs Cesaro from NXT - good match, but I didn't much like the structure. Felt like Neville was just hitting a bunch of high spots (which he was) - five minutes extra would've helped immensely. Also, I like that they didn't even bust out half the shit that made the Claudio vs PAC matches so good in PWG. This could be a fantastic feud for TV a few years down the line, if WWE don't fuck things up. Here's a few gifs;

Standing SSP from Neville;

iCr2U4ASUKQH0.gif

Big Asai moonsault;

ibv8KOWMz38op7.gif

They almost botched the pop-up hurricanrana;

ipObIXQBTJgYx.gif

Nice Neutraliser (which Regal properly calls 'Gotch style', because he's awesome);

i64iVY9nOIBWl.gif

haha I saw these available and was wondering about getting them. It doesn't sound worth it!

The Spanky/Dragon stuff is great (there's at least two matches between them on these episodes), everything else is pretty much worthless, though - I could chuck the Dragon/Spanky stuff online somewhere if you don't want to download the whole thing?

Kaladin

That is one way for heel groups to work. The head of the group keeps getting heat by getting over on the babyfaces while the good guys can get their wins and are not made into a complete joke by being able to defeat the lackeys. The tricky part is keeping the lackeys looking strong enough to be a buffer for the main heel.

Shield are a well coordinated unit. They've taken out John Cena, Ryback, Team Hell No, Big Show, etc.

They would have no issue with Sting or Hogans old ass.

Aces and 8 have not been booked as a legitimate threat. And 2 the story is retarded. Hogan is the GM/Comissioner of TNA, which has a pretty large roster. All he has to do is order all of his employees to bum rush Aces and 8 and it would be over. Throw the stupid bike gang out, take your talent. Or he could call the cops and have them arrested.

Shield are targeting certain individuals who represent injustices. It's not an invasion. They get in, complete the mission and exit like a special op team would do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shield are a well coordinated unit. They've taken out John Cena, Ryback, Team Hell No, Big Show, etc.

They would have no issue with Sting or Hogans old ass.

Aces and 8 have not been booked as a legitimate threat. And 2 the story is retarded. Hogan is the GM/Comissioner of TNA, which has a pretty large roster. All he has to do is order all of his employees to bum rush Aces and 8 and it would be over.

Shield are targeting certain individuals who represent injustices. It's not an invasion. They get in, complete the mission and exit like a special op team would do.

He did that and it didn't work.

Bobby Heenan was fine in WCW, but I don't think he was anywhere near as good as he was in WWF. I didn't mind Larry Zbysko and Mike Tenay was OK in small doses, but the vast majority of WCW's announcers were terrible - Mark Madden?!

He started to suck when he played Face commentary during NWO segments and matches. He should have been an NWO announcer.

Nice Neutraliser (which Regal properly calls 'Gotch style', because he's awesome);

i64iVY9nOIBWl.gif

Why is he grabbing behind Antonio Cesaro's knees? If he wasn't holding Cesaro's legs he could do a situp and hit Cesaro in the head, do a Hurricanrana, or just violently wiggle himself free. Stupid unrealistic Indy shite. Hopefully Triple H and NXT beats this nonsense out of these C-tier talents and salvages something that can be presentable on WWE tv.

He did that and it didn't work.
Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Sting, Austin Aries, Matt Morgan, RVD (when he was there), Bobby Roode, Chavo, Hernandez, Robbie TRT, etc should have no issue throwing out those FCW rejects.

It's retarded. I'll say the Shield is starting to get long in the tooth since they haven't fleshed out their motivation or progress their story but TNA should've pulled the plug on A&8 like they did on Lynch.

bangai-o

Banned
Why is he grabbing behind Antonio Cesaro's knees? If he wasn't holding Cesaro's legs he could do a situp and hit Cesaro in the head, do a Hurricanrana, or just violently wiggle himself free. Stupid unrealistic Indy shite. Hopefully Triple H and NXT beats this nonsense out of these C-tier talents and salvages something that can be presentable on WWE tv.

why does no one ever wrap around Cesaro leg's whenever he is about to german?

bangai-o

Banned
How do you mean? Like Cesaro is behind an opponent, has his arms wrapped around the opponent's abdomen, and then the opponent bends over, reaches back and grabs Cesaro's ankles?

no, like he is wrapping around the back and is going to lift, to prevent the lift, the opponent wraps his own legs around Cesaro's legs ala a Russian Leg Sweep. Joyce Gracie did it to prevent Shamrock from German Suplexing. If Cesaro fully commits to it, he ends up falling on himself.

no, like he is wrapping around the back and is going to lift, to prevent the lift, the opponent wraps his own legs around Cesaro's legs ala a Russian Leg Sweep. Joyce Gracie did it to prevent Shamrock from German Suplexing. If Cesaro fully commits to it, he ends up falling on himself.

But then Cesaro can quickly counter into The Miz's finisher, Skull Crushing Finale, by just falling forward. Of course he risks a possible feud for upsetting The Miz by stealing his finisher, not to mention having nuclear heat in the locker room for being a move biter.

Cesaro doesn't have the presence of mind to weigh out all the possible outcomes during the heat of the moment, as we've seen when he lost his Championship to Kofi Kingston, so who knows. I personally don't think Cesaro would be willing to do whatever it takes to win and I guess his recent losing streak backs that claim up.

He should be taken off TV and sent down to NXT for 6-12 months.

bangai-o

Banned
if Cesaro is about to German, but then is blocked by a Russian, he tries to convert it to a Skull Crushing, the opponent only needs to step forward and brace, which brings them back to step 1. besides how is the Skull Crushing going to wrap the leg that is already wrapped during the Russian? and what about the Full Nelson? he has to convert to that as well!

jred2k

if Cesaro is about to German, but then is blocked by a Russian, he tries to convert it to a Skull Crushing, the opponent only needs to step forward and brace, which brings them back to step 1. besides how is the Skull Crushing going to wrap the leg that is already wrapped during the Russian? and what about the Full Nelson? he has to convert to that as well!

61496.gif

Ok, he's got him in the German Suplex position.

- Opponent wraps his feet behind Cesaro's like a Russian Leg Sweep.

- Cesaro quickly slides his arms up under the opponents arms and locks in a Full Nelson

- At this point, if the opponent still has his feet wrapped behind Cesaro's then Cesaro just has to fall forward

- If the opponent moves his feet forward to counter the SKF then Cesaro has a number of different options: Atomic Drop, Bulldog, Scorpion Death Drop, or back to German Suplex

Of course this all depends on their position in the ring. The opponent would need to be near the ropes or he's screwed.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Match of the day. Mascarita Dorada vs Mini Psicosis for the AAA World Minis Championship
http://youtu.be/Cl2hnaVJGxM

Sadly WWE won't use any mini-wrestler that way, because when the current creative team look at how Mexico uses anyone under 1.60m, they only see this.
http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l519/egomaskgif/midget_wrestling.gif

Even though I don't understand a lick of Japanese, Akira Fukuzawa was always an awesome commentator on 80's and 90's All Japan, just for how much he'd freak out whenever a huge move was hit;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFY3o3AOGEI#t=20m48s

It's actually for the best you don't know the language. He gets really excited for the moves, but his actual work on making the matches flow together as a commentary is a bit haphazard. Not horrible, but unless you are watching it's quite difficult to try and follow what is going on at any given time.

WWE commentary would be easily saved if two things happened.

1. King retires.
2. Vince stops running Raw.

Just watch JBL and Cole interact normally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yLU_27UWF8Q, I'm sure these two would be amazing if left alone on commentary.

Watch the Mick Foley DVD, he talks about being on commentary and having Vince screaming and ranting and swearing at Mick and it throwing him off his game and keeping him from being comfortable. Not a new claim either a lot of past commentators mentioned the exact same thing to various degrees. It's one of the reasons Regal said he wouldn't want to do commentary on any of the main shows.

Vince could still run Raw, but if he gave up controlling every single aspect and telling the English commentary what to do, it would be leagues better for the entire product. The shows Vince doesn't micromanage with the commentary, all feel so much more important for the matches to me when I do listen to them in English, even Saturday Morning Slam.

I'm pretty sure Tazz left for the same reasons. He said he finally reached his breaking points with Vince's headset meltdowns. It must have been really bad considering he quit right before a huge WrestleMania payday.

Safety? I know you're trolling bean (and badly, at that), but it's still ridiculous to call it indy shite when you can see guys helping to facilitate their opponents moves on any episode of WWE TV each week. Also, Cesaro's only using the Neutraliser becasue WWE wouldn't allow him to use the Ricola Bomb. Perhaps if they weren't so against powerbomb & driver type moves, so many guys wouldn't have awful, awful finishers.

Top Bottom