• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Poor Raven :( He had a few decent months in TNA from what I remember, I think it was around the time Cornette came in. Then he became terrible.

Raven realized he made his money and didn't have to do anything anymore. I did a show with him a few months ago and he didn't do anything in the tag match he was booked in. He stood on the apron the entire match until the hot tag and immediately DDT'd one of the heels for the win. Also, this was a family show and everyone was instructed not to use bad language. So naturally, Raven grabs the mic and tries to start a "Pussy" chant against the heels. He also hit on my girlfriend and pretended like he cared about the book she was reading.

Heh.

Punk out till Summerslam or beyond?

"WWE has removed CM Punk from all of their event listings through Summerslam. As we've noted in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, creative sources indicated there was no clear plan as to when and how Punk would return to WWE storylines."

Mr. Luchador said:
I've never understood the amount of admiration people have for Raven. People seem to talk (type) about him like he was some sort of wrestling mastermind, but I don't know. He always seemed a bit boring.

I enjoyed The Flock somewhat, but that was mainly as a collective and Storyline. Raven's 'Grunge' look was nice too, as it was different at the time and I liked Nirvana a lot at the time.

A lot of it was to do with the time period - he had a cool gimmick, sported a popular counter-culture look, was generally a much more edgy character in the right place at the right time, etc. It also helped that he could, as I said, structure his matches so even a brawl with an inebriated Sandman wasn't half bad, plus, his promo style was pretty unique. Although, I thought he owed a lot to Terry Funk in that regard. Everyone always remembers Terry ranting and raving, not the calm, soft-voiced, yet slightly menacing Terry that, imo, Raven took some of his cues from.

Punk out till Summerslam or beyond?

"WWE has removed CM Punk from all of their event listings through Summerslam. As we've noted in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, creative sources indicated there was no clear plan as to when and how Punk would return to WWE storylines."

Contract issues?

Transitional champ between DDP and Goldberg.

Man, I don't even remember that. I wonder if Raven does.

A lot of it was to do with the time period - he had a cool gimmick, sported a popular counter-culture look, was generally a much more edgy character in the right place at the right time, etc. It also helped that he could, as I said, structure his matches so even a brawl with an inebriated Sandman wasn't half bad, plus, his promo style was pretty unique. Although, I thought he owed a lot to Terry Funk in that regard. Everyone always remembers Terry ranting and raving, not the calm, soft-voiced, yet slightly menacing Terry that, imo, Raven took some of his cues from.

Aye, he did look cool.

tm24

Terry Funk's Beautiful Dream promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkLtItxkbXQ

strobogo

Banned
Raven TALKS like he's a wrestling mastermind. When you hear his shoots, he understands and explains how things work so well. But he doesn't do any of that when he wrestles (even in his prime). Johnny Polo and WCW Raven were the best Ravens. I don't really think any of his ECW holds up now. The first year and a half of WCW stuff does. His WWF run was useless. The first year or so of his TNA run was good. ROH stuff holds up about as well as the ECW stuff, which makes sense since it was trying to be a rehash anyway.

Looking back, ALL of Raven is just annoying, pseudo intellectual, whiny bullshit that doesn't even make sense. Johnny Polo was at least supposed to be an annoying, whiny asshole. Raven was supposed to be this cool, emotionally deep and dark character. No, he was just as whiny and bitchy as Johnny Polo, except without the self awareness.

Raven TALKS like he's a wrestling mastermind. When you hear his shoots, he understands and explains how things work so well. But he doesn't do any of that when he wrestles (even in his prime). Johnny Polo and WCW Raven were the best Ravens. I don't really think any of his ECW holds up now. The first year and a half of WCW stuff does. His WWF run was useless. The first year or so of his TNA run was good. ROH stuff holds up about as well as the ECW stuff, which makes sense since it was trying to be a rehash anyway.

Looking back, ALL of Raven is just annoying, pseudo intellectual, whiny bullshit that doesn't even make sense. Johnny Polo was at least supposed to be an annoying, whiny asshole. Raven was supposed to be this cool, emotionally deep and dark character. No, he was just as whiny and bitchy as Johnny Polo, except without the self awareness.

This is exactly correct. At the show I mentioned earlier, he spent a countless amount of time talking to guys about their matches and how to make their work better. He is incredibly knowledgeable. But when he went out to do his match, he literally did one move in a tag match and that was it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
YJ5BXfe.gif

I guess Raven - as I can't really recall what he's done over the last 5 years. At least RVD had that good run in WWE with Sabu oh wait no, that was 2006...

Kaladin

So, who's been the more worthless over the past 5 years?

Raven or RVD?

Well, the last good thing I can think of that Raven did was the Dog Collar match and feuds with CM Punk, but that was over five years ago.

When I think about RVD, I think about how Abyss killed RVD with Janice and that's all I remember of him in the past five years.

However, when RVD wrestled in TNA, he always had the same match and went over himself more than he put other wrestlers over.

It's a hard choice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Grew some balls, asked for a raise, got it. Sort of. Feelin good.

Basically said "I would really like to make more money, and I want to know if I'm on the right track to make more money" and got nothing but positive things. Fuckkkk yes.

jmdajr

Basically said "I would really like to make more money, and I want to know if I'm on the right track to make more money" and got nothing but positive things. Fuckkkk yes.

More money never hurts.

DoCPy.gif

FyreWulff

One fun fact I remember being mentioned about Raven a while back: he's the only wrestler that has had an official action figure made of himself from WCW, WWE, the real ECW and TNA.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good for you Sun! I'm very fortunate in that my boss always comes to me with raises, in six years I have yet to ask for one myself and I make roughly 500 euro p/m more than average in my field for my age.

It would suck to have to go "begging" for it, too much stress involved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you flex your pecs at all?

Nope!

More money never hurts.

Correcto~

Good for you Sun! I'm very fortunate in that my boss always comes to me with raises, in six years I have yet to ask for one myself and I make roughly 500 euro p/m more than average in my field for my age.

It would suck to have to go "begging" for it, too much stress involved.

That's pretty damn neat. We're unfortunately run as a non-profit which means the employees get fucked usually, I'm making quite a bit less than others doing my workload but after 4 years I'm still the new guy here. The world of real estate is weird.

You've made the Cenation proud with your #hustle today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My local Target has a Sony soundbar for 90 dollars.

I've heard so-so things, but I'm tempted just because I need something better than my tv's sound, and I don't have the room for a proper, expensive setup. And I hate headphones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You've made the Cenation proud with your #hustle today.

I have shown loyalty to my company by telling the truth and saying I've accepted this as my career. Which I didn't want to, but I guess when you work at something and are good at it, you might as well do it forever.

I have shown loyalty to my company by telling the truth and saying I've accepted this as my career. Which I didn't want to, but I guess when you work at something and are good at it, you might as well do it forever.

Hustle. Loyalty. And with that post, you've earned (more of) my #respect.

*raises your hand in the air*

jmdajr

My local Target has a Sony soundbar for 90 dollars.

I've heard so-so things, but I'm tempted just because I need something better than my tv's sound, and I don't have the room for a proper, expensive setup. And I hate headphones.

It's better than nothing. I'd get it if it was my only choice.

hugs surround sound system*

jred2k

Nice! Congrats!

I was supposed to get a nice raise on April 1st, but I got dicked over and got a really tiny(1,500/year) raise instead. I like the work I do, but I hate the job. I really want to get an offer from somewhere else so I can say "This is what they'll pay me. Match it, assholes." I fear that would rock the boat too much and I'd end up not enjoying different work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nice! Congrats!

I was supposed to get a nice raise on April 1st, but I got dicked over and got a really tiny(1,500/year) raise instead. I like the work I do, but I hate the job. I really want to get an offer from somewhere else so I can say "This is what they'll pay me. Match it, assholes." I fear that would rock the boat too much and I'd end up not enjoying different work.

That's a dangerous game to play, never underestimate a pissed CEO that's like "well fuck it, let them pay him that much I don't need it"

My issue is that I work in a very specialized department, so they KNOW there's no competition.

jred2k

That's a dangerous game to play, never underestimate a pissed CEO that's like "well fuck it, let them pay him that much I don't need it"

My issue is that I work in a very specialized department, so they KNOW there's no competition.

Yeah I live in a population centre of about 15,000 people and theres a severe lack of jobs in my field here. That also means theres a severe lack of people that can do my job here. My manager knows I deserve to make more money, but the owner is a dick. He gave out jars of honey as our Christmas "bonus", and I got food poisoning from our Christmas party meal.

somedevil

Update on Punk:

CM Punk is currently not scheduled for any WWE TV, pay-per-views or live events for the entire month of May. Punk's next schedule appearance is for a RAW taping on June 3rd from Hartford, CT

They will call him if Cena does tear it and is out for 6 monthes. Also, if no pay per view for Cena Undertaker will suddenly get better to appear at Extreme rules.

McNei1y

May Wrasslin |OT| I Choose You, Zigglypuff!

May Wrasslin |OT| cenaassjiggle.gif

May Wrasslin |OT| Sheamus HHH IronMike bigE Layla Dbry S.H.I.E.L.D.

bored

Kaladin

I don't think it's any secret that the IWC would love for Cena to be out for a while....even if it's only a few months, the product would be better for it.

That being said, I don't wish an injury on anyone, but if that is what it takes to make Cena give a sad face interview and say he's going to be out for a while before handing over the belt, I'm all for it....and will mark out during the entire interview (till Ryback comes out and Cena turns heel on the IWC and AA's Ryback and announces he's fighting at ER anyway, then I'll get pissed again).

jred2k

Update on Punk:

They will call him if Cena does tear it and is out for 6 monthes. Also, if no pay per view for Cena Undertaker will suddenly get better to appear at Extreme rules.

I hope Undertaker doesn't show up so we can finally get the belts off Hell No! I'm afraid of what might happen to The Shield when they become champs, but its time for Bryan and Kane to switch it up a bit.

jmdajr

Lets says Cena did tear his Achilles and was out for a year.

Who would realistically be the new face? D. Bry?

Or would we just get more Sheamus and Randy. Miz? lol. :\

Maybe CEOO has to work overtime.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena getting injured and being out for at least half a year is literally the only way this company will build another star in his place.

I wish him nothing but good things and happiness, but this company desperatly needs a wake-up call.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait what happened with Cena and injury?

Cena getting injured and being out for at least half a year is literally the only way this company will build another star in his place.

I wish him nothing but good things and happiness, but this company desperatly needs a wake-up call.

Except that star is Ryback.

jmdajr

At least they would take some risks. I mean, you would have no choice really.

Aiii

So not worth it
Lets says Cena did tear his Achilles and was out for a year.

Who would realistically be the new face? D. Bry?

Or would we just get more Sheamus and Randy. Miz? lol. :\

Maybe CEOO has to work overtime.

How about Ziggler and AJ. How about Jericho, Christian and Punk? Sheamus would work. Randy is a terrible face. Miz is horrible.

Daniel Bryan makes a fun face, there's also Del Rio still with Rodriguez.

And hey, if they're really desperate, call up Joe Hennig as Joe Hennig.

Except that star is Ryback.

Fine by me, at least Ryback is a fresh face.

somedevil

If this happened first the WWE would call Punk immediately to come back and stop going to baseball games and UFC shows. Then next the Undertaker will be on tv alot more. Then work from there.

Also Cena has a strained achilles he got last week. He can work tag matches but no one knows if he can do a single match.

Ithil

If this happened first the WWE would call Punk immediately to come back and stop going to baseball games and UFC shows. Then next the Undertaker will be on tv alot more. Then work from there.

Also Cena has a strained achilles he got last week. He can work tag matches but no one knows if he can do a single match.

Punk would say fuck off. He's that kind of guy. And really, if he did, what could they do about it?

McNei1y

How about Ziggler and AJ. How about Jericho, Christian and Punk? Sheamus would work. Randy is a terrible face. Miz is horrible.

Daniel Bryan makes a fun face, there's also Del Rio still with Rodriguez.

And hey, if they're really desperate, call up Joe Hennig as Joe Hennig.

It'll probably be Sheamus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You people say Randy is a terrible face
as iff....
the apex...
predator....
the viper...

the legend killer....
is....
a..........
good..