• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Ithil

From PWPonderings:
Johnny low blowed and choked shingo, cheating to win. Fans booing loudly #dgusa

Sounds like a heel turn to me. Did he embrace the heel or still act like a good guy?

He cut an excessively face promo thanking the fans and praising them for their support, and was booed throughout. I think they're going for a heel Cena approach (where Cena's face Super Cena the Heroic Hero gimmick IS the heel gimmick).

Alucard

Banned
He cut an excessively face promo thanking the fans and praising them for their support, and was booed throughout. I think they're going for a heel Cena approach (where Cena's face Super Cena the Heroic Hero gimmick IS the heel gimmick).

I%27m+ok+with+this.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that's what I fear. Are you pulling in anything monthly?

Nah, but we're not asking for it either, that might have something to do with it. A few years back I was on a significantly bigger podcast with much larger reach and we had an app - never recouped the cost of the app that was made, didn't expect to though.

I'm watching the Shimmer show I missed while waiting on New Japan.

#NoSleepTillMania

LMAO

Weighing None of your damn business, AMAZING KONG!!!!

I don't think I can do it. Who wants to fall asleep on accident looking at this?

qkvVdZb.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah, but we're not asking for it either, that might have something to do with it. A few years back I was on a significantly bigger podcast with much larger reach and we had an app - never recouped the cost of the app that was made, didn't expect to though.

I don't think I can do it. Who wants to fall asleep on accident looking at this?

qkvVdZb.jpg

tumblr_mkjwxqROJB1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Okay, Gargano/Shingo sounds amazing. From pwtorch.com:

The fans chanted “Bulls—t” after the match. Leonard went mental on commentary asking what the hell did he just see. Leonard said Gargano had respected the title for over 500 days, but now he doesn’t know what’s going through his mind.

Gargano got on the mic and sarcastically asked the fans if they enjoyed the show. Gargano said it’s his honor to perform in the ring in front of great fans. Gargano sarcastically thanked the fans. The fans booed loudly. Gargano said he loves everyone and told them to drive home safely. Leonard sold confusion on the mic. Leonard signed off to end the show.

Winner: Johnny Gargano to retain the Open the Freedom Gate title

Star rating: (****3/4) – This was an amazing match. Gargano couldn’t beat Shingo no matter what he did and they put over Shingo’s strength the entire match. Shingo would not submit to the Gargano escape, but Gargano also kicked out of everything Shingo had. Gargano’s heel turn gives DGUSA a shot in the arm that it badly needs.

Ithil

Argh, I'd like to watch the NJPW show live, but it's on at a ridiculous hour for me. I've watched too much wrestling the last two days as it is.

EVOLVE did nothing for me, I didn't see CZW (but I'm not a fan of that promotion already), ROH doesn't do a lot for me, SHIMMER was great, and DGUSA was REALLY great.

NJPW might be just too wild a start time to justify staying up for it.

Kaladin

Prediction for tomorrow:

From dirtsheet.com:

The fans chanted “Bulls—t” after the match. Cole went mental on commentary asking what the hell did he just see. Cole said Cena had respected the WWE Universe for years, but now he doesn’t know what’s going through his mind.

Cena got on the mic and sarcastically asked the fans if they enjoyed the show. Cena said it’s his honor to perform in the ring in front of great fans. Cena sarcastically thanked the fans. The fans booed loudly. Cena said he loves everyone and told them to drive home safely. Cole sold confusion on the mic. Cole and Lawler signed off to end the show.

Winner: John Cena to become new WWE Champion

Star rating: (*****) – This was an amazing match. Cena couldn’t beat Rock no matter what he did and they put over Rock’s strength the entire match. Rock would not submit to the STFU, but Cena also kicked out of everything Rock had. Cena’s heel turn gives WWE a shot in the arm that it badly needs.

Alucard

Banned
Prediction for tomorrow:

From dirtsheet.com:

The fans chanted “Bulls—t” after the match. Cole went mental on commentary asking what the hell did he just see. Cole said Cena had respected the WWE Universe for years, but now he doesn’t know what’s going through his mind.

Cena got on the mic and sarcastically asked the fans if they enjoyed the show. Cena said it’s his honor to perform in the ring in front of great fans. Cena sarcastically thanked the fans. The fans booed loudly. Cena said he loves everyone and told them to drive home safely. Cole sold confusion on the mic. Cole and Lawler signed off to end the show.

Winner: John Cena to become new WWE Champion

Star rating: (*****) – This was an amazing match. Cena couldn’t beat Rock no matter what he did and they put over Rock’s strength the entire match. Rock would not submit to the STFU, but Cena also kicked out of everything Rock had. Cena’s heel turn gives WWE a shot in the arm that it badly needs.

LOL. Perfect. Let's hope you're right. How awesome would it be if Dragon Gate actually did the story that WWE plans to do tomorrow? With Cena cheating to win and everything?

Kaladin

LMAO, the cameras totally missed the finish in the Scott/McKenzie vs Cherrie Bomb/Kimber Lee match.

Indie wrestling iPPV stream gonna indie wrestling iPPV stream.

Guys that DGUSA show was magic. Being there I can tell you there was irony there. That show was phenomenal top to bottom.

$5 wrestling was able to match magical main events. I won't spoil it but it was a crazy night rocking pounding the ring while Freight Train did his thing. Also, before the show I got Larry Dallas into a verbal exchange with Freight Train. It was phenomenal. One hell of a day.

Few minutes to New Japan!

- New Japan Pro-Wrestling - Invasion Attack

iba81EBD0jC79N.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

• IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada
  • IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • NWA Heavyweight Championship Match: Rob Conway (c) vs Satoshi Kojima
  • Hirooki Goto & Yuji Nagata vs Laughter7 (Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata)
  • CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun: Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki
  • Grudge Match: Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs Yujiro Takahashi & Masato Tanaka
  • CMLL World Tag Team Championship Match: Tama Tonga & Terrible (c) Valiente & La Mascara
  • Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi, Super Strong Machine & Akebono vs Takashi Iizuka, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Bob Sapp
  • IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Title Match: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi)

Also, bah, I fell asleep and missed most of DGUSA. Fuck Johnny Gargano.

Yeah so I just met this guy!

CHOO CHOO! Awesome.

tm24

Fale is pretty big

Tama Tonga and Terrible vs La mascara and Valiente should be decent!. Im fairly confident that Mascara and Valiente are winning.

EDIT: Forgot about the 8-man!

mania271.jpg

20130406_Large_EBlast.jpg

Miz be fallin

Dude, Miz got on the cover with Rock, Cena, Undertaker, and Triple H.

Miz beat out CM Punk and Brock and Shawn Michaels for the poster spot, and the even smaller victory, beat out Alberto Del Rio/Swagger, Jericho/Fandango.

Victory for the Miz! Awesome. I'm still a little salty that Miz and Wade got thrown into Pre-show instead of Rhode Scholars/Tons of Funk. Miz and Wade should have been in the real show.

Top Bottom