• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Bob Sapp got fucking POUNCED by Akebono. Gotta get a singles match between these two at some point.

Looking forward to this match, not terribly familiar with the CMLL guys.

tm24

Looking forward to this match, not terribly familiar with the CMLL guys.

Terrible is one of the better heavier lucha wrestlers. He's one hell of a brawler. Also, he's a dick

Valiente is an alright high flier who does some crazy stuff for a big guy. His step up moonsault is a thing of beauty

La Mascara is from the Brazos family and the crowd is aware of it, so expectations are high. Very much the most athletic member of the Brazos family

tm24

Woah, that double-springboard moonsault from Valiente was crazy. Fuck.

What if i told you that was the most basic version of that move Valiente has?

Also, i love Terrible's power spots. Surprised they won. Tonga must be going on another tour soon

jred2k

How many hours is the show supposed to be? I'd purchase it, but I'm afraid I'd end up passing out before its finished.

edit: nvm, I see it says to 7:00 am on the stream page. I don't think I'd make it :(

Dude, Miz got on the cover with Rock, Cena, Undertaker, and Triple H.

Miz beat out CM Punk and Brock and Shawn Michaels for the poster spot, and the even smaller victory, beat out Alberto Del Rio/Swagger, Jericho/Fandango.

Victory for the Miz! Awesome. I'm still a little salty that Miz and Wade got thrown into Pre-show instead of Rhode Scholars/Tons of Funk. Miz and Wade should have been in the real show.

It sucks for Wade but Miz? He should feel lucky he's even getting a Wrestlemania pay day given how terrible he is.

Anyway, Invasion Attack's second match was your typical New Japan opener, so wasn't that good, but everything else has been fantastic so far. Devitt's awesome.

tm24

How many hours is the show supposed to be? I'd purchase it, but I'm afraid I'd end up passing out before its finished.

edit: nvm, I see it says to 7:00 am on the stream page. I don't think I'd make it :(

You get one week of VOD with purchase!

Just order it, watch as much as you can and then watch the rest tomorrow. They keep the show up for a week, so you've plenty of time to catch the rest.

That was fucking AWESOME! Honma is so ridiculously over with the crowd, they ate up everything he did.

*edit, Minoru Suzuki has the best entrance. KAZE NI NARE!!

jred2k

Just order it, watch as much as you can and then watch the rest tomorrow. They keep the show up for a week, so you've plenty of time to catch the rest.

You get one week of VOD with purchase!

Yeah based on the quality of what they're giving away on the free pre-show I'd kind of feel shitty if I didn't support this.

Honma and Tanaka especially made that last match a lot of fun.

tm24

And Yano proves hes the smartest man in wrestling by beating the shit out of Taichi before the bell!

ANd now he's the dumbest by soaking MiSu

strobogo

Banned
It sucks for Wade but Miz? He should feel lucky he's even getting a Wrestlemania pay day given how terrible he is.

Anyway, Invasion Attack's second match was your typical New Japan opener, so wasn't that good, but everything else has been fantastic so far. Devitt's awesome.

Miz really should. It's really obvious that he isn't good in the ring or on the mic, put people who actually go to shows and people who pay him seem to like him. I really have my doubts that Wade or Miz would be on the card if they both didn't have movies to promote right now. Wade was doing absolutely nothing, Miz was losing to Claudio 2 times a week for 3 months. It's pretty obvious that their match is just to mention their movies during a highlight package at some point during the big show and not have to take time away from a GI Joe ad.

If both movies were released in April or May instead of March, I bet Miz would have either done a Miz TV or 10 second backstage thing while Wade wouldn't even be mentioned. And what the fuck took so long for The Marine 3 to come out? It took 20 days to shoot, but 8 months of post-production?

ibyo8UXC8NSrBG.gif

This one's likely to be a pretty stiff match.

Goto & Nagata vs Shibata & Sakuraba - feel the hatred! Nagata & Saku haven't faced each other in 18 years!

Yeah, the match wasn't bad, but eh...Conway got so little reaction.

The only reason New Japan are doing this is because the Japanese fans have no idea how much of a joke the NWA has become. They had to put the belt on Conway, because as average as that match was, could you imagine how awful Kojima vs Kahagas would have been?

Nakamura vs Davey Boy Jr. up next!!!

Yeah, the match wasn't bad, but eh...Conway got so little reaction.

The only reason New Japan are doing this is because the Japanese fans have no idea how much of a joke the NWA has become. They had to put the belt on Conway, because as average as that match was, could you imagine how awful Kojima vs Kahagas would have been?

Nakamura vs Davey Boy Jr. up next!!!

I dunno, given the crap reaction and laughter at their promos, I kinda think most Japanese fans know how much of a joke the NWA are. I think it's more a case of NJPW management being under the impression that their fans are clueless instead.

THAT WAS AWESOME!!! Fuck yes, great match. Davey Boy looked excellent here and the crowd reacted SO WELL to everything. Best of the show so far.

Springboard Boma-Ye was crazy! YEOOOOOOOOWW!!

I love the IWGP Heavyweight intro, as I get to see Scott Norton.

RAINMAKER!!!

*edit, if anyone's wondering what Gedo screams as Okada's coming out, it's "The rain is gonna fall!"

tm24

I love the IWGP Heavyweight intro, as I get to see Scott Norton.

RAINMAKER!!!

*edit, if anyone's wondering what Gedo screams as Okada's coming out, it's "The rain is gonna fall!"

I love it since it has Brock Lesnar! Showing up all over the world!

tm24

Oh shit, Tanahashi going in with an attempted rainmaker and pose. Cant wait to see Okada do his High Fly Flow

Top Bottom