• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

FUCK!!!!

So good. SO GOOD! Match of the damn year, right here!

I fucking loved everything about that much. Amazing work by both guys. I might not even bother with Mania now, nothing is living up to Okada vs Tanahashi IV!

tm24

Its been fun watching with my NJPW-bros! LiquidSolid, Bootaaay, we experienced greatness! Need to rest for DGUSA now!

Cheers tm24 and Bootaaay, posting with you guys is all part of the fun of NJPW iPPVs.

And we're set, Sukuzi's the first challenger. It's amazing how simple the booking is in New Japan and yet world's better than anything other promotions do.

MoosiferX

That was great stuff. So happy
Okada came away with the win! And now we have Okada vs. Suzuki to look forward to.
Sooooooooo going to bed now. xD

Maybe I'll wake up in time for Wrestlemania!

I'd go as far as to say it was their best match yet. It had the best story, certainly.

Here's a bunch of GIFs from the show...

Awesome double-springboard moonsault from Valiente;

ioWocm9BzOtOs.gif

Kazushi Sakuraba dislocates his elbow after a backdrop driver from Yuji Nagata;

iR1C0eGAxrHBF.gif

Tombstone from Okada;

ibankj5d6pyQGY.gif

High Fly Flow to the floor from Tanahashi;

ibrATzuXV3vJvb.gif

Springboard Boma-Ye!

ib2hCHW8SiGVtF.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
GAWD!

I can't tolerate images of broken/dislocated bones, sorry, it's one of the few things I cannot stand to see. I've dislocated my knee cap once and I damn near passed out from the sight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up, was getting ready to start my day and Karl Anderson spoils njpw for me! So, match of the year eh? How was the rest?

Just woke up, was getting ready to start my day and Karl Anderson spoils njpw for me! So, match of the year eh? How was the rest?

Nothing too spectacular, other than Nakamura vs Davey Boy Jr, which was really good. Nagata/Goto vs Laughter7 was great right up to Sakuraba's injury, while I also enjoyed the CMLL tag match and the Makabe/Honma vs Yujiro/Tanaka match, which the crowd were really into.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good to hear you enjoyed it, man - I've been saying for a while, but for me New Japan is easily the best in-ring product in the world right now.

Seconded. Sandman tried to get me to stay up but it wasn't happening. With 30 mins to the show, I started reading some comics and fell asleep before I even finished one. :|

Really looking forward to seeing the main event.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Good to hear you enjoyed it, man - I've been saying for a while, but for me New Japan is easily the best in-ring product in the world right now.

I was here for the January ppv but was disappointed at the ending. The other 2 I watch on delay.

Kaladin

Gah, I fell asleep on New Japan after the opening match last night....good thing too because it looks like it ended at 7:15 am my time.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, G.I. Joe is pretty much a piece of shit I've been told.

Which I already figured, hence not going out of my way to see it. How long until The Rock's Hollywood stock plummets and he returns full time?

tm24

So, G.I. Joe is pretty much a piece of shit I've been told.

Which I already figured, hence not going out of my way to see it. How long until The Rock's stock plummets and he returns full time?

Fast 6 is going to be amazing though, since Fast 5 is a masterpiece

Also, Mercury Rising is go with Nese vs Soldier Ant

Aiii

So not worth it
I loved Fast Five, looking forward to the next one, but those movies aren't exactly blockbusters anymore either.

tm24

I loved Fast Five, looking forward to the next one, but those movies aren't exactly blockbusters anymore either.

Fast 5 set records for a movie opening in April and is the second highest ever for a spring release. Fast 6 is very much a blockbuster. It had a trailer air during the Super Bowl

Also, Tursas found a new job!

zychi

Banned

I havent seen fast five yet. Everytime its on hbo i forget to record it. The whole series is perfect for watching on tnt/hbo on a sunday afternoon when no sports are on

Hightower

Banned
Ok.. Im in for the PPV tonight.

I found this store.. they sell lamps. Which was awesome timing, because my house was pretty dark.

Kaladin

Sami Callihan just can't catch a break this weekend.....wonder if he's going to WWE and that's why he's doing the job this weekend.

tm24

Sami Callihan just can't catch a break this weekend.....wonder if he's going to WWE and that's why he's doing the job this weekend.
Im entertaining the same thought. I figured we would know based on the tourney outcome. Sure as hell looks like it. Couldn't happen to a better guy

Also, SWAMP MONSTER!

Top Bottom