• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Dead Man

:(

Actually that video is really good because it feels genuine.

The fuck this company moment is gonna be tonight when they do the whole LOL ISN'T AJ CRAZY WHAT A STRANGE PERSON AND ALSO A SLUT thing again.

I think that is what they were leading up to with the last shot of her not holding the curtain open.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is happening:

blj6seP.jpg

jred2k

FOUR LEVELS OF DOOM!

I wish the matches were there. Someone wanting to be the next Mick Foley would definitely take a bump off that top trailer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably be going to it, and Mechashiva will probably be performing in some capacity. Honest to goodness though that name turns me off so much.

Ithil

Punk/Undertaker should have gone on last. This might have been the first WrestleMania since WrestleMania 16 where they didn't close the show in a way that sent the fans home happy.

It was just so obvious that they wanted to avoid loud boos at the end at all costs. From having Cena give Rock the ring time after losing to them ending the show just a few seconds after Rock went to the back leaving Cena to stand on stage by himself.

Crowd went home unhappy at WM 22 and 23, as well. I wonder what the cause of that was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Near-complete card for next month's New Japan iPPV 'Wrestling Dontaku', which takes place on Friday the 3rd of May at 17:00 JST;

01. Yuji Nagata, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Maximo vs CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI, Jado & Gedo)
02. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) (c) vs Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov)
03. Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs Prince Devitt & BadLuck Fale
04. IWGP/NWA Heavyweight Tag Titles: K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr) (c) vs TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs Muscle Orchestra (Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman) vs CHAOS (Takashi Iizuka & Toru Yano)
05. NEVER Championship: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tomoaki Honma
06. Togi Makabe vs Yujiro Takahashi
07. Hirooki Goto vs Katsuyori Shibata
08. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Karl Anderson
09. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura vs ???
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Minoru Suzuki

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that looks awesome! Okada vs Suzuki, Goto vs Shibata, Tanaka vs Honma! So watching this one.

Looks excellent. I feel like I'm in the minority here but hopefully Okada shuts down Suzuki and moves on as I can't stand him. Wonder what's gonna happen with Nakamuraaaaa.

Razorskin

----- ------
:(

Actually that video is really good because it feels genuine.

The fuck this company moment is gonna be tonight when they do the whole LOL ISN'T AJ CRAZY WHAT A STRANGE PERSON AND ALSO A SLUT thing again.

This, while also telling her to gimp her ring performances (if they ever book her in a match)

Forkball

I've gotta say, having Ryback lose is pretty shocking and stupid. Here's a guy who managed to get over, is set up for a huge match with a big moment (shellshocking Henry) and.... he loses? Why? Henry does not need any big push, but Ryback has been losing big matches for months. If they are serious about making this guy big, they need to build him up to be a real threat. I know we all love Henry, but he could've taken the loss and nothing would affect him. Same thing with Ziggler. Who exactly did they build up? HHH? Awesome.

vlc2013-04-0802-16-486ok0w.png

Had some free time and a lot of sadness, so I did the avatar change.... Team Heel forever...

------------------------------

Is it wrong if my favorite moment of the night besides the Punk/Taker match was D-Bry yesing with the crowd after his match?

Ithil

Had some free time and a lot of sadness, so I did the avatar change.... Team Heel forever...

------------------------------

Is it wrong if my favorite moment of the night besides the Punk/Taker match was D-Bry yesing with the crowd after his match?

Of course not. That's what a real Wrestlemania redemption looks like, not Cena's artificial garbage.

Ithil

Holy ****.

If that's not being "over" with the crowd, then I don't know what is.

If there were anyone with half a brain in the head office, they would push Bryan to the moon.

After seeing the ending of WM, we can write Vince off that "half a brain list".

Ryback losing again is just so ridiculous that I don't know what they were thinking. I can only come up with "oh we needed ONE match to be unpredictable". That or they had a deal with all the bookies so everybody lost their accumulators.

Ithil

Vince wants us to fester in his stool before giving us another dooky shower.

Now now, Extreme Rules for the past number of years (including when it was Backlash) is almost always far better a show than WM.

Usually its because we get some rematches of WM matches that got too little time, and they get proper time then and become awesome, and without the dumb stuff in between that WM gets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ryback losing again is just so ridiculous that I don't know what they were thinking. I can only come up with "oh we needed ONE match to be unpredictable". That or they had a deal with all the bookies so everybody lost their accumulators.

Hey, be happy! It could have been much worse - coulda been Henry's retirement match.

BFIB

Overall, I thought the matches outproduced what the card showed. I wasn't all that hyped for 'Mania, maybe that's why I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Kind of how I am with Dennny's. I expect crap service, and crap food. But when I get great service and good food, hype levels increase.

Can't wait for next year when the new up and comer Cena finally gets his due and ends the streak.

Ithil

Hey, be happy! It could have been much worse - coulda been Henry's retirement match.

I wondered if that was the reason, same as Kane last year, maybe it was a thank you to Henry because it might be his last WM. As it turns out Kane can still go for years yet, but Henry I'm not sure of.

Ithil

I think that makes it three, count em three, WM main events featuring a veteran putting over John Cena (Rock, HBK and HHH), and Cena being booed out of the building.

You'd think Vince would just take a hint.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Raw and Extreme Rules will be good

Now now, Extreme Rules for the past number of years (including when it was Backlash) is almost always far better a show than WM.

Usually its because we get some rematches of WM matches that got too little time, and they get proper time then and become awesome, and without the dumb stuff in between that WM gets.

I said this last night. but I woke up feeling...#heelish. No more Mr. Optimism.

Ithil

Not while he makes money.. :(

He's not making any money that they aren't "forcing" him to make. For instance, he's covered from head to toe in gaudy merchandise at all times, and switches colors every six months. As a result, lots of kids get their parents to buy the merch? Wow, I am shocked.

ANYONE else could get the push he has, for as long as he's had it, and sell the same amount of merchandise. It's like, they force a point, then try to use that forced point as proof that he should be kept on top.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Maybe Cena will grow long hair and go on a 2002-2004 HHH style reign of terror.
Maybe Maven will come back and break the streak.
Maybe the tole that WWE has taken on my liver is reversible.
Maybe 22 isn't too old for a Make-A-Wish.
Maybe Cena will come visit me.
Maybe he will look me in the eyes as I pass away, AA me into my casket and 5 knuckle shuffle it closed.

Striker

I've gotta say, having Ryback lose is pretty shocking and stupid. Here's a guy who managed to get over, is set up for a huge match with a big moment (shellshocking Henry) and.... he loses? Why? Henry does not need any big push, but Ryback has been losing big matches for months. If they are serious about making this guy big, they need to build him up to be a real threat. I know we all love Henry, but he could've taken the loss and nothing would affect him. Same thing with Ziggler. Who exactly did they build up? HHH? Awesome.
I didn't see how the win over Ryback helped Henry at all. The finish was so abrupt and weak, it was just amazing they felt to close it at that spot. No World's Strongest Slam. It made both guys look awful and the post-match confrontation is how they should have had it end. So bizarre but considering the whole purpose of the final two matches were to put over young stars Triple H and John Cena, I can't say I'm really surprised.

The tag match was also underwhelming. Pretty short and of course Ziggler took the pinfall and did nothing the rest of the night. This is the same guy who they booked to win over John Cena just four months ago at a PPV. It's just so out of the blue where they direct some of these wrestlers.

Sephzilla

He's not making any money that they aren't "forcing" him to make. For instance, he's covered from head to do in gaudy merchandise at all times, and switches colors every six months. As a result, lots of kids get their parents to buy the merch? Wow, I am shocked.

ANYONE else could get the push he has, for as long as he's had it, and sell the same amount of merchandise. It's like, they force a point, then try to use that forced point as proof that he should be kept on top.

Pretty much this. Cena isn't on the same tier as Hogan/Austin/Rock in the sense that he's transcended into the mainstream. He's a product of the system and if you walked a guy out to the ring in tons of main events, decked out in merchandise, he'd sell stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Henry's win thankfully kept him strong - gearing up for that Summerslam championship run, so he can eventually put over someone who needs it (Ryback) later this year when he's done wrasslin.

BFIB

He's not making any money that they aren't "forcing" him to make. For instance, he's covered from head to toe in gaudy merchandise at all times, and switches colors every six months. As a result, lots of kids get their parents to buy the merch? Wow, I am shocked.

Bingo.

Cena turning heel last night would have been good for the business.

Dthomp

God that Daniel Bryan moment was EPIC. How does the WWE not see the guy that should be pushed to the moon here? Let Hell No peter out over the next 2-3 months at most have Bryan put on some epic matches and turn full blown face second half of year leading to RR. Give him the Rumble win and close out WM30 with Bryan and a full stadium chanting YES YES YES to close the show. I'd actually pay to see it, I have no interest in Cena/Taker or Brock/Rock. Give me D.BRYAN!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God that Daniel Bryan moment was EPIC. How does the WWE not see the guy that should be pushed to the moon here? Let Hell No peter out over the next 2-3 months at most have Bryan put on some epic matches and turn full blown face second half of year leading to RR. Give him the Rumble win and close out WM30 with Bryan and a full stadium chanting YES YES YES to close the show. I'd actually pay to see it, I have no interest in Cena/Taker or Brock/Rock. Give me D.BRYAN!!!!!!!

You gotta build a base, it'll make the push that much better. I mean, Vince is a genius some of the time, and having Bryan get squashed like that made a LOT of diehard Bryan fans into lifers for the guy. Now look at last night, and look at what the coming year may have for him. He'll get his. These things take time. Sure, you could give it to him now for the cheap cash-in, or you could build it slow and make it even sweeter.

jred2k

Royal Rumble feels like it didn't even exist outside of Rock winning the title and Cena winning the Rumble. Cody fighting with Goldust? Led to nothing. Hell No eliminating each other? Led to nothing?

Sephzilla

So, does Cena go after Taker's streak next year at WM30?

Royal Rumble feels like it didn't even exist outside of Rock winning the title and Cena winning the Rumble. Cody fighting with Goldust? Led to nothing. Hell No eliminating each other? Led to nothing?

Well, that can be chalked up to this years Road to WrestleMania being the worst one in a long time. Honestly I'll watch Raw tonight as a mere formality but after that I doubt I'll be watching WWE again for a while. The products been boring as hell and CM Punk can't save it all.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
You gotta build a base, it'll make the push that much better. I mean, Vince is a genius some of the time, and having Bryan get squashed like that made a LOT of diehard Bryan fans into lifers for the guy.

I refuse to believe that was anything but luck. He wanted 17 second chants for that 3 foot tall bag boy. He walked ass backwards into Bryan getting super over.

UberTag

Vince hasn't been a genius for a while now, Sunflower.

BEST MATCHES OF WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND

2012 - ROH Showdown in the Sun II: Davey Richards vs. "The Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
2013 - NJPW Invasion Attack: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada

I believe the last time the best match of WrestleMania weekend actually took place at WrestleMania was back in 2010 for the Shawn Michaels' retirement match vs. Undertaker.

I encourage all of you to join me in NOT watching RAW (but still posting in WrassleGAF) when it airs later this evening at 8:00pm.
Do yourself a favor and do not fall into the "I'll give the WWE one more week" trap. Just quit that nonsense.
The fact that you have a live TNA Impact event on Thursday to make up for some of that withdrawal should only harden your resolve.

Sephzilla

Thrice in a Lifetime.

Losing his title to Cena is going to eat him for a year. Enjoy.

I think we're more likely to see Punk/Austin than Rock/Cena III at this point. I just think Taker/Cena is a possibility since he's the only person left of relevance who hasn't challenged the streak. And lets be honest, the crowd would be super into that match simply because absolutely nobody wants Cena to be the guy who kills the streak.

Vince hasn't been a genius for a while now, Sunflower.

BEST MATCHES OF WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND

2012 - ROH Showdown in the Sun II: Davey Richards vs. "The Unbreakable" Michael Elgin
2013 - NJPW Invasion Attack: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada

I believe the last time the best match of WrestleMania weekend actually took place at WrestleMania was back in 2010 for the Shawn Michaels' retirement match vs. Undertaker.

I encourage all of you to join me in NOT watching RAW (but still posting in WrassleGAF) when it airs later this evening at 8:00pm.
Do yourself a favor and do not fall into the "I'll give the WWE one more week" trap. Just quit that nonsense.
The fact that you have a live TNA Impact event on Thursday to make up for some of that withdrawal should only harden your resolve.

I'm going to watch RAW simply because the post Mania RAW has been decently entertaining the last couple of years.

Also, lets not actively encourage TNA. Don't do something you'll regret later.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Does Rock even get his rematch or is he just going say adios and maybe come back next year? He was advertised for Extreme Rules at some point, but I doubt he shows.

Top Bottom