• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

somedevil

ibnqyLrAZodh6h.gif

After this I can see why Punk needs some time off. That Japanese table won that round. Also, Seth Rollins does his usual how did he not get a concussion bump on every pay per view match.

imWtuI8Mn6Tg2.gif

Has anyone seen any stats of how much in ring time there was last night and how much video stuff?

I bet there was nearly a solid hour of what amounts to recaps and build it

Its just a joke when you pay so much

Cagey

Banned
Holy shit maybe we are all getting swerved and Vince is going to start regularly fucking people over at WM to get them over through sympathy. Sunflower is right he is still a mad genius.

The only people Vince is intent on fucking over at WM is us, the paying fan.

#cenation #dealwithit #nochanceinhell

Sephzilla

Has anyone seen any stats of how much in ring time there was last night and how much video stuff?

The only matches that warranted any promo time were Taker/Punk, Rock/Cena, and maybe HHH/Brock. And only needed one video package each for the entire night. If they would have cut down on Promogeddon during Wrestlemania they could have easily made time to put Miz/Barrett on the real card, squeezed the 8 man tag match in, and even had Cesaro on the card.

If you want to make your Youtube pre-show relevant, tell people to tune into that in order to get their recaps on all of the storyline relevance leading up to Wrestlemania.

The Irish Herald is reporting that Rebecca Knox has signed with the WWE!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/wrestler-rebecca-ready-to-take-on-the-world-29181218.html

Knox was trained by the current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt and, after making a name for herself in Europe & Canada, she got called up to wrestle for SHIMMER Women Athletes in 2006, where she impressed with her innate charisma and wrestling talent. However, during a match in Germany later that year Knox suffered a severe injury, cracking her skull open and sustaining nerve damage in her neck that, ultimately, forced her to retire from wrestling. She made an attempt to return in 2008 but cancelled and wasn't seen again until 2011 when she accompanied Saraya & Brittani Knight (WWE's Paige) to the ring at a SHIMMER event.

Here's a picture from her SHIMMER days;

And here's a picture of her recently;

Also, here's a video showing off some of her moves;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzYa31W-3YU

slightconfuse said:
R-Time is my favorite SHUMP

Lol. Someone needs to make an R-Type clone with Cena as all the bosses.

jred2k

Don't forget Diddy concerts. Coming Home was played an exorbitant amount on the pre-show.

Kaladin

You know I got to thinking, with how it got this year with at least 9 different companies running the weekend around Mania, it has got to the point where Mania weekend is worth the trip for the indie wrestling alone.

In fact, I'd wager you would have a better trip.

There was one hour, 52 minutes, and 48 seconds of match time, So basically two hours of entrances and bullshit

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
could be fun

- At one point, WWE officials were planning an altercation between The Rock and Brock Lesnar for tonight’s RAW from East Rutherford, NJ. With Lesnar not being advertised for tonight, it remains to be seen if they are still planning something with the two.

Kaladin

could be fun

- At one point, WWE officials were planning an altercation between The Rock and Brock Lesnar for tonight’s RAW from East Rutherford, NJ. With Lesnar not being advertised for tonight, it remains to be seen if they are still planning something with the two.

With how often those two show up on Raw the build for that match would be epic.

somedevil

You know I got to thinking, with how it got this year with at least 9 different companies running the weekend around Mania, it has got to the point where Mania weekend is worth the trip for the indie wrestling alone.

The funny thing is as much as some hate the WWE. Wrestlemania keeps the indie promotions alive because the weekend is there biggest money making time for them. Bryan Alvarez says it best that the Indie wrestling has become more niche and hard to capture casuals. So for Wrestlemania weekend the hardcore fans come and they make alot of money to survive till next year.

They better hope WWE doesn't faulter because it could cause a Indie wrestling crash.

Kaladin

The funny thing is as much as some hate the WWE. Wrestlemania keeps the indie promotions alive because the weekend is there biggest money making time for them. Bryan Alvarez says it best that the Indie wrestling has become more niche and hard to capture casuals. So for Wrestlemania weekend the hardcore fans come and they make alot of money to survive till next year.

They better hope WWE doesn't faulter because it could cause a Indie wrestling crash.

I don't know, I think something like Wrestlecon bringing alot of different indies and legends signing under one banner could make the indie explosion around Mania more solid and less niche.

It is.

KissVibes

Banned
could be fun

Imagine the conversation:

"I'LL SEE YOU THREE MONTHS FROM NOW WHEN MY MOVIE IS FINISHED FILMING."

"ERAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Nester

could be fun

Brock and Rock get into it tonight, planting the seeds of a feud.

While Rock is away filming his next movie, Brock and Cena feud, eventually giving Brock the title.

Rock comes back to save the people from this menacing new champion.

The road to the next Wrestlemania has been paved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brock and Rock get into it tonight, planting the seeds of a feud.

While Rock is away filming his next movie, Brock and Cena feud, eventually giving Brock the title.

Rock comes back to save the people from this menacing new champion.

The road to the next Wrestlemania has been paved.

more like the road to Sunflower's Naptime

Man God

Non-Canon Member
God it is either Brock or Mark Henry for Cena to feud with next. No way they are going back to Big Show or even bothering with Ryback at this point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Save a pillow for me.

We're all in this together.

So Cena's feuded with pretty much everyone at this point - who are they going with next?

If they go Big Show, I die inside
If they go Punk, I die inside
If they go anywhere without a surprise heel turn from someone tonight, I die inside
If they go Cesaro, I'm thrilled, but there's no reason for it

Kaladin

Five point Raw preview:

1. Anything can happen the day after WrestleMania

2. Is Fandango a flash in the pan?

3. Is Miz poised to take 2013 by storm?

4. Triple H’s career lives on!

5. The Champ returns!

Ugh.

Yeah, I'm watching on Hulu.

jred2k

So Cena's feuded with pretty much everyone at this point - who are they going with next?

If they go anywhere without a surprise heel turn from someone tonight, I die inside

I hope you haven't ruled out Marky Mark showing up tonight to stick up for his co-star. Cena vs. Wahlberg would be one for the ages. In a way, Cena would have to overcome himself. Its perfect!

I hope you haven't ruled out Marky Mark showing up tonight to stick up for his co-star. Cena vs. Wahlberg would be one for the ages. In a way, Cena would have to overcome himself. Its perfect!

Get Darren Young involved and it can be the best triple threat match ever.

Kaladin

If they go with heels who won at Mania last night, we'll get Mark Henry or Fandango challenging Cena.

KissVibes

Banned

Christian in a face vs face respect program.

Zack Ryder goes heel and blames Cena for ruining his life. Goes on a hot winning streak, beats Wade Barrett at Extreme Rules for a title shot in a very brutal match but Brock Lesnar kills him and takes his title shot to Payback. Lesnar wins the title and disappears with it to Jimmy Johns until Summerslam where he fights Triple H for it. Triple H wins it and faces Cena at WM30: ONCE IN A LIFETIME.

jred2k

Cena has his redemption so hes going to retcon the past year of his life. He'll get remarried, re-make some wishes, take back that one win Ziggler had that one time. It can all nicely lead up to him giving Rock a chance at redemption so The Rock can see what it feels like.

Cena has his redemption so hes going to retcon the past year of his life. He'll get remarried, re-make some wishes, take back that one win Ziggler had that one time. It can all nicely lead up to him giving Rock a chance at redemption so The Rock can see what it feels like.

He took that win back and then some. 9 Supers isn't enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I miss Soulplaya and Perspicacity a lot right now.

KissVibes

Banned
Please. Why would a super nice guy like John Cena use homophobic jokes? You have an agenda. HATER! #RiseAboveSharkBait

I'M TELLING THE TRUTH. YOU KNOW IT'S EXACTLY WHAT HE WILL DO TO FANDANGO ONE DAY.

#HeelsAreFaces

but Fandango would just do a Tango. and then toss Cena a rose in the middle of the ring. and strut away. crowed would go nuts.

Actually, if that happened it would be cool because it would make Cena look like a total prick.

Top Bottom