• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

yitdadee08

Neo Member
Really? I don't think Rock came back just so he could be forced into a rubber match with Cena to give Cena "the rub."

I believe this is the reason why Rock walked out. As we all should know and have seen, The Rock has no problem putting over other talent, but the one person today that doesn't need to be put over is Cena. After being forced to do so though, I can see Rock being disappointed and unhappy about the WWE and its direction and just walking out.

Batista, Austin, Brock, and Bret have all done it before. It's no different from any one of us being frustrated with a job and quitting.

Mr. Robot

Seriously, the Rock looks like he just wants to punch Cena when he sees him doing that stupid salute, and his face when he points at him during that arm raise, is just pitiful, the whole respect thing felt so forced...

13.gif

Reminds of the time when the Rock was cutting a promo about who made him bring the best of him and who he wanted to face between Punk and Cena before Cena interrupted him, during his matches with Punk, the Rock always seemed to be on his best.

UberTag

That really pissed me off. I was expecting something to happen, but the stupid Cena wank-fest kept going and going.
To make up for all of the time lost for the cut Dwayne segments tonight, RAW will be turned into a "very special John Cena finally wins the big one career celebration".

Throughout the night we'll relive various highlights of John Cena's illustrious career. All of his major title wins. His losses. His struggles. His journey. His battles through injury. And all of his momentous wins. All of these recaps will lead up to the closing segment tonight where Cena will be awarded the WWE title in a red carpeted ring by Vince McMahon while everyone from the back comes out on stage and claps for John. For finally winning the biggest match of his career. John will fake shedding a tear and then give a big 'ole corny speech, before trashing Vickie and holding the belt aloft while the audio is mysteriously cut from the play-by-play crew and cheers are piped in.

It will all culminate in a "THE CHAMP IS HERE BLAHAHAHAH!" and he'll mug proudly as he kicks off his 500+ day title reign. We'll get some kind of heinous attack by The Shield to close things off as if that's supposed to be shocking.

ghostmind

Good for Rocky/Dwayne. He doesn't need this shit.

He's either upset at how it all went down, he's concerned about his image, or he realizes that he cannot keep up the pace/physicality in the ring anymore.

His movie career is on the uptick, so why risk it by participating in this any further?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dave posted it himself on the last page. Dwayne's just hurt.

Why all the reports of "chaos" and massive rewrites backstage? Sounds like they were taken by surprise.

This Rock thing is all a work to set up thrice in a lifetime, Cena will cut an scathing promo on Rock's vanishing act whilst simultaneously respecting the hell out of him because Cena's just that good a guy, in near a years time Rock will unexpectedly return saying that his loss to Cena caused him to flee in shame, caused his movies to tank and now he needs REDEMPTION.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I also don't get why Brock is being wasted on "supermatches" it doesn't make him look good either if he's just going to keep losing.

This shit never ends, does it?

bangai-o

Banned
what does chaos look like backstage anyway? Are the writers being yelled at, shredding papers, trying to come up with ideas, Vince locking himself in the office, Three Man Band air guitaring?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what does chaos look like backstage anyway? Are the writers being yelled at, shredding papers, trying to come up with ideas, Vince locking himself in the office, Three Man Band air guitaring?

I hope that at least one of those things is true.

I also like to hope one of those things is true 100 percent of the time.

Rock knew he was putting over Cena for the last 2 years, so he's not going to walk out over it.

If he has "walked out" it'll be due to injury or some sort of backstage thing, not about anything that happened on camera. Injury is by far the most likely. That or him personally reevaluating whether or not he wants to go again at WM30 and not committing to an angle before he decides.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They really wanted Brodus to go on last but Rock and Cena took too long.

Would have been a better show.

bangai-o said:

I'd imagine nearly every show looks like chaos backstage under Vince.

somedevil

Less than two hours of wrestling last night and they still ran out of time for one of the advertised matches.

Jeez.

You know that there hasn't been over 2 hours of wrestling at Wrestlemania since 2004? After that they average 1:45-1:55. This isn't something new. Its been happening now for 9 years.

Bowser

lol Rock didn't get injured last night, my ass. Even if he was, it damn sure didn't look like anything enough to keep him from a quick 15 min angle on Raw tonight.

dream

From Dave:

Definitely not a creative issue. Everything they were planning tonight was right from his mouth and laid out by him to creative, not the other way around. He was the one who told Brock the angle and Brock was more than fine with it.

Don't know the severity of the injury. Don't want to speculate more until I hear more.

Nebula

Wrestlemania had to have been chaotic mess behind the scenes. The pacing felt off. They can't keep a schedule for shit and it felt unfinished as a product.

I can't watch Raw tonight so I'll catch it tomorrow maybe. I'd like to see if they try and repair the damage done.

Bowser

I honestly think Meltzer is being spoonfed some bullshit cover. If it was true, I don't think Rock would just up and go back to LA without giving anyone a heads up, does not seem like his style whatsoever.

I honestly think Meltzer is being spoonfed some bullshit cover. If it was true, I don't think Rock would just up and go back to LA without giving anyone a heads up, does not seem like his style whatsoever.
It's a little strange. We'll see what happens tonight though.

UberTag

Somebody is being spoonfed something.
Whether it's Meltzer or someone else.
Could be a case of Vince trying to out a mole by throwing conflicting stories out there to see what leaks and where.
Wouldn't be the first time that's been done.

Enfinit

All this Rocky drama is more exciting than the actual product. I'll be tuning in to RAW tonight just to see how they handle this and the fallout of WM (and to hopefully see some ridiculous return, which will probably disappoint).

What does that say?

NEW PAGE (haven't seen one of these in a while):

Paige_NXT_06142012ej_1102.jpg

Top Bottom