• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Ithil

I'm not too sure about the hood and cape, but Neville's actual gear looks great. Purple is a good colour for gear.
The "upgrade" in attire for callups is hit or miss (see Ascension for a miss).

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
bxfNz9b.gif

Best entrance in wrestling

Truth.

Whenever Bayley is called up, she needs to come the same night as Samoa Joe, because I want to hear "Bayley's Gonna Hug You" chants.

somedevil

Raw Audience for the Raw after Wrestlemania:

8pm: 5.227
9pm: 5.597
10pm: 5.267

Avg: 5.364

Wow. Everyone showed back up for this Raw. Well it seems Wrestlemania being real good brought the viewers back. It was up 218,000 viewers compared to last years Raw after Wrestlemania.

Brock destroying everything got them a 1.96 in the 18-49 demo during the 2nd hour.

16BitNova

What did Sting say last night post RAW. I missed it.

Nothing important. Renee asked him what was next for Sting, and he said he doesn't know. That whatever opportunities WWE throws at him, he will take. People chanted Undertaker and he just repeated himself saying "I don't know". Then Bo Dallas came out for no reason and got Scorpion death dropped and that was it. Was silly and pointless really.

Ithil

Wow. Everyone showed back up for this Raw. Well it seems Wrestlemania being real good brought the viewers back. It was up 218,000 viewers compared to last years Raw after Wrestlemania.

Brock destroying everything got them a 1.96 in the 18-49 demo during the 2nd hour.
Post-Mania RAW is normally the highest rated of the year, along with the post-Rumble one.

Honestly, if I were HHH, I don't think I'd EVER send Samoe Joe up to the main roster. With NXT as a touring company, he's got more value as a big-name indie guy in WWE's not-indie indie brand than as just another guy on Raw.

Nothing important. Renee asked him what was next for Sting, and he said he doesn't know. That whatever opportunities WWE throws at him, he will take. People chanted Undertaker and he just repeated himself saying "I don't know". Then Bo Dallas came out for no reason and got Scorpion death dropped and that was it. Was silly and pointless really.

Much like his entire run. Thank you WWE, and thank you Sting for knowing this was coming for 9 months, and not taking it serious.

somedevil

Post-Mania RAW is normally the highest rated of the year, along with the post-Rumble one.

The thing is was anyone expect this Raw to have more Viewers then the Raw's after Wrestlemania 28, 29 and 30?

This is the most viewers since Raw 1000. Its just surprising because the build was bad and the viewership was down during the build compared to last year.

jmdajr

ibeMJDwfLeSnw0.gif

I think months of build up only to be overshadowed by a bunch of swerves for the sake of swerves was WWE's way of paying tribute to Sting's appearance at Starcade 97.

Ultimately being a cool looking dude involved with the dumbest stories and never fullfilling his potental is the legacy of Sting

I think months of build up only to be overshadowed by a bunch of swerves for the sake of swerves was WWE's way of paying tribute to Sting's appearance at Starcade 97.

Ultimately being a cool looking dude involved with the dumbest stories and never fullfilling his potental is the legacy of Sting

DX VS NWO WAR GAMES MATCH

jmdajr

I was pretty enthralled with the whole black scorpion angle as a kid.

Penguin

And the curse of the 3rd hour continues

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Damn, Brock just earned his paycheck.

fader

well... it was fun while it lasted. back to complaining about WWE sucks now.

Ithil

The thing is was anyone expect this Raw to have more Viewers then the Raw's after Wrestlemania 28, 29 and 30?

This is the most viewers since Raw 1000. Its just surprising because the build was bad and the viewership was down during the build compared to last year.

Brock is in the news thanks to his MMA retirement so there's extra interest in him I imagine.

Brock the money maker

The wrestling business is about drawing money and he drew a ton of money. Through this lens Sting met his potential for sure. Guy had one of the biggest buyrates of all time when he returned to the ring at Starrcade! He is one of the most popular wrestlers ever despite being one of the most poorly booked ever.

If you are talented enough and popular enough to draw big money the way Sting was booked than you have met your potential.

Sephzilla

And ratings will probably drop like a rock next week when God King Brock isn't around.

I know he's expensive but, seriously, Brock just became their biggest and hottest face. A suspension angle that's obviously there to keep him off TV until SummerSlam is stupid as hell. I want a t-shirt that says "EAT. SLEEP. DESTROY EVERYTHING. REPEAT"

And ratings will probably drop like a rock next week when God King Brock isn't around.

I know he's expensive but, seriously, Brock just became their biggest and hottest face. A suspension angle that's obviously there to keep him off TV until SummerSlam is stupid as hell.

Ambitse gets hot: films a movie
Orton gets hot: films a movie
Lana needed for big angle: films a movie

Par for the course

Recall

Did he blade, didn't he. I don't fucking care.

I hate how anything remotely good the WWE happens upon is scrutinised so much that you all take the fun out of it. Scrutinise the bad sure, but for once can we not just enjoy the good for what it was?

ibnYLzCsjiZ2Ca.gif

Wow. Since Raw 1000?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Did he blade, didn't he. I don't fucking care.

I hate how anything remotely good the WWE happens upon is scrutinised so much that you all take the fun out of it. Scrutinise the bad sure, but for once can we not just enjoy the good for what it was?

Just keeping it FnP, friendo.

wmBktGr.gif

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Looks like everyone was stoked to see the end of Lesnar's reign and tuned in to see the God-king Seth.

Sephzilla

Ambrose gets hot: films a movie
Orton gets hot: films a movie
Lana needed for big angle: films a movie

Par for the course

They wanted Punk to do a movie too. Surprised they didn't try to get Bryan to do a movie. Fuck, didn't Cena's first movie also happen when he was still hot?

Anth0ny

Not surprised. Brock and Ronda hype had people tuning in.

Wonder how long they can keep those ratings up? Last night was the first time I watched RAW since last year and it was fun until I saw Big Show. Might comeback next week if they can keep the quality up.

From Meltzer

WWE officials just contacted us to say that the NXT specials are going to remain quarterly and they are changing the wording in the press release that stated the specials were going to be monthly.

Good,news

Top Bottom