• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

somedevil

Sorry for trying to discuss wrestling in the wrestling thread. I'll leave y'all to your gimmicks

You know you drove him away because who were being passive aggressive with him over something stupid right? Plus you didn't want to discuss wrestling but were going after him specifically.

strobogo

Banned
All the indie events in Indiana are either outside of Chicago or at the Kentucky border, both of which are 2 1/2-3 hours away from me. Especially not worth it to see IWA MS dog shit. The only show I've found within an hour of me is a CHIKARA show in Indy sometime this Summer. And fuck Chikara. There are, however, 3 WWE events coming up. Smackdown in May in Evansville (where they always run Smackdown), house show in June in Ft. Wayne, and Raw the next night at Bankers Life. I'd never go to Raw again unless it was the night after WM. Smackdown sucks. House show isn't worth it if there is Raw the next night.

Aiii, I'm reading this book about opposing viewpoints on suicide. It mostly seems to be about assisted suicide. One of the viewpoints claims that the Netherlands has or had a problem with involuntary euthanasia. Is that accurate? The viewpoint was that of saying how giving people the right to die would start a slippery slope of by law declaring that some lives aren't worth living. And he used the Netherlands as an example. What are your people doing over there?

OctoMan

Banned
That Bray Rowan match was actually pretty good. Forget sometimes how fun Bray can be in the ring. Weird it took Rowan to bring it out of him.

I am sorry if my harmless questions hurt Alucard in some way but that does not give anyone of you peacocks license to gang up and cyber-bully me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought we had a whole week of why we shouldn't go to our local indys.

or do I need to start posting flyers again.

Honestly I think OT needs a thread like that. So people look up their local shit.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Posted this in the WWE Network thread first, but anyways, I have never been much into wrestling, but after one of the guys I really liked for his flamboyance when I was young, recently was inducted in the hall of fame - Macho Man Randy Savage - I have started to watch a few of his matches, and man, this guy was really an amazing performer. And that makes me wonder why the WWF was so adamant on him retiring. First that angle with the Ultimate Warrior, and then just a few years later, once again pushing him to a color commentator role for no reason, at a time when the WWF seemingly was screaming for some better top guys. Is there more to this, or was it just bad writing/planning on behalf of the WWF?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thanks for participating in the discussion Heel. My local fave is Michael Richard Blaze:
blais400.jpg

He's like a Young Buck but worse
Young Buck X Alexa Bliss

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a couple posters of a couple local indies.

nTbA8Nt.jpg

P7hH0UQ.jpg

Posted this in the WWE Network thread first, but anyways, I have never been much into wrestling, but after one of the guys I really liked for his flamboyance when I was young, recently was inducted in the hall of fame - Macho Man Randy Savage - I have started to watch a few of his matches, and man, this guy was really an amazing performer. And that makes me wonder why the WWF was so adamant on him retiring. First that angle with the Ultimate Warrior, and then just a few years later, once again pushing him to a color commentator role for no reason, at a time when the WWF seemingly was screaming for some better top guys. Is there more to this, or was it just bad writing/planning on behalf of the WWF?

If my memory serves, Macho got injured for a bit and Vince wanted to phase him out. Vince being stubborn...well, there you go.

I know some of our more storied historians in here can give you the whole story though.

The indie wrestling stuff here is dogshit. Really bad. Regret going. Won't go again likely. If I heard good things about a promotion coming through a region I would probably give them a shot.

I also watch Lucha Underground on Dailymotion. I'd love to buy a blu ray collection when available.

Heroman

Banned
The indie wrestling stuff here is dogshit. Really bad. Regret going. Won't go again likely. If I heard good things about a promotion coming through a region I would probably give them a shot.

I also watch Lucha Underground on Dailymotion. I'd love to buy a blu ray collection when available.

Where are you at?

strobogo

Banned

They were going through a youth movement and felt Macho was a better asset as a host and commentator than in ring performer. Savage disagreed and went to WCW as a result. That's all there is to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm willing to give ANY indie a shot, they're doing their thing and even a dogshit show can be a ton of fun. :)

Another local one, I thought it was inspired yet horrendous. I...yeah.
UYQ5xnw.png

Lrrr

Question - when Rollins cashed in at WM31 and pinned Reigns, did anyone else hear him say, "Thank you so much"? I didn't believe it at first, but upon review, Seth does indeed thank Roman.

i legit love local indy wrestling flyers, they're fantastic

Man i know so many of those guys from the old Gateway Chanpionship Wrestling out of St. Louis. That was a fun promotion that gave birth to Matt Sydal, Delirious, Daizee Haze & Mischif before going tits up after the late 90's.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
If my memory serves, Macho got injured for a bit and Vince wanted to phase him out. Vince being stubborn...well, there you go.

I know some of our more storied historians in here can give you the whole story though.

Thaanks! I didnt know about the injuy. Vince being stubborn we all know thouh.

They were going through a youth movement and felt Macho was a better asset as a host and commentator than in ring performer. Savage disagreed and went to WCW as a result. That's all there is to it.

But as far as I can tell, there was nobody quite like him at the time. He had an amazing entrance, fantastic promos, looked cool with all his various costumes, and was one of the best wrestlers. Hell - he even got long and great matches out of guys like Warrior. I dont know, to me it just seems like a complete waste of maybe their best talent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Steel Rage really puts some...interesting effort into their posters. I love and cringe at a lot of them. A few more...

9qho4X2.png

3OpMMEe.png

mdasFrv.png

Should I stop? The list keeps going...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I love this. The guy pictured is a great guy, too - I love the response though.

tk3Tzcd.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like TKO's look, Vylash. And I admire the "Wreckin-Billies"' name.

XVSzpHz.png

Top Bottom