• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

XenoRaven

I want to talk to someone who is legit Kevin Steen level head in the sand in terms of international stars and see how they feel about these cards. It would be an interesting perspective.

Ohhhh, that's a good point - I guess I forgot about that match because I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seemed to be and preferred Okada/Tanahashi. It was still a great match, though.

Okada/Tanahashi I felt was a step back from their previous matches. It still told a good story, Okada feeling he has surpassed Tanahashi and Tanahashi no longer taking Okada lightly, and basically tapping into his inner evil dick to win the match.

Nak vs. Ibushi was just a classic underdog battle though, with Ibushi busting out tons of new moves to try and prove he belongs with the big boys and Nak being Nak and treating him like shit.

Also, while you can make the argument that Nak going over was the right booking, Tana going over only to be made AJ's bitch made no fucking sense.

I went ****3/4 for the former and ***** for the latter, so I can understand if one likes one more than the other.

I mean....

What can you even do with ROH talent that would be good.
KuGsj.gif

O'Reilly vs Shibata
ACH vs Honma
Cole vs Suzuki

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hideki Suzuki trashing Wrestle-1 constantly has been the fucking highlight of this entire feud. Squashing Funaki, burying Hama, shit is hilarious.
tumblr_nkvcnxNcqj1sk0i2mo1_400.gif

O'Reilly vs Shibata
Cole vs Suzuki
O'Reilly's weak submissions and strikes against the strongest, stiffest striker in wrestling(no offense, Mean Mark)
Suzuki would trash Cole quicker than he thrashed Harada

looks like ROH updated the 4 way to a much better match imo

CDI96cmW0AAoomZ.jpg

O'Reilly's weak submissions and strikes against the strongest, stiffest striker in wrestling(no offense, Mean Mark)
Suzuki would trash Cole quicker than he thrashed Harada

They may wrestle for ROH but bring the PWG versions of Cole and O'Reilly and those matches are money.

I'm sorry but this is probably the worst looking card for a interpromotional event I have ever seen.

No Bata, No Yano, No Funky Weapon....wtf??

I think NJPW will be running shows at the same time so they can't split their rosters up too bad, which is why I'm surprised all the main eventers are going.

So who the hell is Jay Briscoe going to face? All of the NJPW guys have been used up in the prelim matches. Are we going to get AJ vs. Briscoe champion vs. champion?

Also it looks like Adam Cole is out of the IWGP title match on night one.

Toki767

Liger will work his ass off when you put him in a match that matters. Just look at that match against Cole last year.

He basically stops giving a damn when he's put in 6-man tag matches to open a show like in virtually every New Japan PPV.

I think NJPW will be running shows at the same time so they can't split their rosters up too bad, which is why I'm surprised all the main eventers are going.

So who the hell is Jay Briscoe going to face? All of the NJPW guys have been used up in the prelim matches. Are we going to get AJ vs. Briscoe champion vs. champion?

Also it looks like Adam Cole is out of the IWGP title match on night one.

Wait really? No Cole? Where did you hear this?

If that really is the case, the only match really worth watching is Briscoes vs Okada/Nakamura. It will still be fun to go for the experience but man, talk about a disappointment.

Wait really? No Cole? Where did you hear this?

If that really is the case, the only match really worth watching is Briscoes vs Okada/Nakamura. It will still be fun to go for the experience but man, talk about a disappointment.

Wait, nevermind. ROH isn't officially revealing who AJ's opponent will be but all signs point to Cole. So forget what I said.

EDIT: Somebody make sure FallingEdge is still with us.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who is Moose facing from NJPW?

Cmon now

WkrZmvU.png

FiaNT1j.png

I won't lie though, Moose's penis looks really sad there.

Wait, nevermind. ROH isn't officially revealing who AJ's opponent will be but all signs point to Cole. So forget what I said.

EDIT: Somebody make sure FallingEdge is still with us.

heh, I'm still here!

And I should rephrase the fun to go. To the people who are going, I'm sure it will be fun. I didn't get tickets because it was on a Monday/Tuesday. If it was on a weekend, I would have made the effort to get out to Philly. My goal this year is BOLA but don't know where I plan to stay. Seems to be out of the way from LA or the beach cities and I really don't want to rent a car.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL Moose vs Honma? I'll watch that. I want Prince Nana to represent Honma in NJPW. It would be great.

I and all the other Honmaniacs would surely be pissed if Honma's 'big' win was against fucking Moose, of all people. Or any ROH guy.

You think Honma would win?

NoRéN

heh, I'm still here!

And I should rephrase the fun to go. To the people who are going, I'm sure it will be fun. I didn't get tickets because it was on a Monday/Tuesday. If it was on a weekend, I would have made the effort to get out to Philly. My goal this year is BOLA but don't know where I plan to stay. Seems to be out of the way from LA or the beach cities and I really don't want to rent a car.

You could probably stay in Santa Monica. It would be somewhat straightforward to get there since you could take the 405 north. However, it's the 405. It's always packed. Not too familiar with public transport in the area but you'll probably have to rent a car.

Kaladin

You know, when I looked at his previous posts yesterday, I could have sworn Macho Madness was strobogo.

Guess it was The Wesker.....eh.

Top Bottom