• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Recall

I would totally be fine with the IC match becoming a 3 way with Sheamus v Ziggler v Barrett tonight rather than this silly Kiss My Arse gimmick match.

PAY-PER-VIEW REWIND
WWE Extreme Rules
Sunday May 4th 2014
East Rutherford, New Jersey
*El Torito over Hornswoggle in a weeLC match
*Cesaro over Rob Van Dam and Jack Swagger
*Rusev over Xavier Woods & R-Truth
*Bad News Barrett over Big E. to retain the Intercontinental title
*The Shield over Triple H & Batista & Randy Orton
*Bray Wyatt over John Cena in a steel cage match
*Paige over Tamina to retain the Diva’s title
*Daniel Bryan over Kane in an Ambulance Match to retain the WWE title

Last year's ppv

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...Why y'all so obsessed with stripping the IC champion? He's only going to be out for a few weeks as far as we know. Are you all secretly Vince?

RP912

Banned
Should have been a "kiss my foot" match tonight.

Bret/Lawler tore the arena apart trying to get each other to kiss their grimey ass toes :/. Nothing good comes out of a "kiss my ass" match....nothing at all.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I have such little interest in Extreme Rules, I don't even know why I'm going to watch it. What a horrendous card.

Edit: Has Big Show ever won a last man standing match? Why is Big Show on the PPV card in 2015?

...Why y'all so obsessed with stripping the IC champion? He's only going to be out for a few weeks as far as we know. Are you all secretly Vince?

If he can't compete, give it to someone who can. At some point it's enabling to reward a person who injures himself, admits he does it and admits his bosses want him to stop doing the style that causes it, refuses, and does it again. You give Guy A 21 chances to unfuck himself and stay healthy while holding belts, while Guys B through Z need a person to get injured just to have a spot on the card or decent time with their current spot even though they're perfectly healthy and unfucked already. It was dumb when they did it last year, waiting forever to do what they should have done and put the belt elsewhere, and it's dumb now.

RP912

Banned
I notice a trend of free network trials=shitty to mediocre PPVs. I'm dead serious...each of those events felt like glorified advertisements.

Recall

I notice a trend of free network trials=shitty to mediocre PPVs. I'm dead serious...each of those events felt like glorified advertisements.

Well they have no reason to try. Why put on your best show if it's free? Yes it might intice more subs to the network by showing people what they are missing but they just don't seem to use these shows that way.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
This Jericho/Cena podcast, jebus cripes. How unaware is Cena? He had to call out The Rock for saying the same ol' stuff? Ha! The pot just gave the kettle an attitude adjustment.

RP912

Banned
Well they have no reason to try. Why put on your best show if it's free? Yes it might intice more subs to the network by showing people what they are missing but they just don't seem to use these shows that way.

It seems like the hook that WWE does with their trials is offer shit that the minority want and offer shit that people didn't asked for...

This Jericho/Cena podcast, jebus cripes. How unaware is Cena? He had to call out The Rock for saying the same ol' stuff? Ha! The pot just gave the kettle an attitude adjustment.

Jericho/Cena podcast was the most cringe-worthy thing I have ever seen. It was basically Jericho and Cena stumbling all over safe questions and stating the obvious.

Recall

Has WrassleGaf ever decided upon its favourite match or show of each respective year? I was just wondering what was the most praised/enjoyed WWE PPV of 2014? I was gonna guess Elimination Chamber, Wrestlemania and Summerslam as being the favourite shows here?

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Jericho/Cena podcast was the most cringe-worthy thing I have ever seen. It was basically Jericho and Cena stumbling all over safe questions and stating the obvious.

I also thought it was funny when he talked about making fun of The Rock for writing his promo on his arm when Cena would get someone flushed down the card for doing something similar.

Heroman

Banned
Has WrassleGaf ever decided upon its favourite match or show of each respective year? I was just wondering what was the most praised/enjoyed WWE PPV of 2014? I was gonna guess Elimination Chamber, Wrestlemania and Summerslam as being the favourite shows here?
Yeah, there was a best of, during the slamy awards Dec thread.

I think the obligatory end of year awards usually has WWE specific categories, I recall Wrestlemania was the favourite, I think Elimination Chamber was a runner up.
Not so sure on Summerslam, enjoying the dismantlement of Cena aside it was pretty forgettable, similarly survivor series main event was well received but I'm not sure about the rest of the PPV.

Edit: Here we go, the fabled Carnies awards.

I'M FINISHED!

Horf. Yes, Cena. The Rock is protected, and so are you. You're the most protected guy in the history of modern wrestling. This freaking guy. He said that with a straight face and no self-awareness.

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk: I actively do not want to watch the PPV. I can't remember the last time where I just felt like totally ignoring a WWE PPV. Even the badly build ones, I always had a couple of matches to look forward to or felt like I would enjoy. But right now: zero interest to watch it live or even tomorrow during the day. Even considering it should have a fun crowd and what not. I get the PPV as a free bonus to my NXT, classic Nitro and Raw streaming sub, but I just really don't wanna see it.

I don't enjoy Raw, at all, either. Tried to watch the Hulu version last Monday. But five minutes into Orton's opening promo I turned it off...

I might be close or on the point where I'm officially done with WWE.

Thank God there is so much good wrestling available so easily now, that really is a godsend for my overall enthusiasm for pro-wrasslin' in general.

klonere

Banned
im relatively excited for the PPV

i think the farther away from each Raw I get the more I can get myself into the matches rather than relying on Vince.

i don't know why I do that to myself though

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Real talk: I actively do not want to watch the PPV. I can't remember the last time where I just felt like totally ignoring a WWE PPV. Even the badly build ones, I always had a couple of matches to look forward to or felt like I would enjoy. But right now: zero interest to watch it live or even tomorrow during the day. Even considering it should have a fun crowd and what not. I get the PPV as a free bonus to my NXT, classic Nitro and Raw streaming sub, but I just really don't wanna see it.

I don't enjoy Raw, at all, either. Tried to watch the Hulu version last Monday. But five minutes into Orton's opening promo I turned it off...

I might be close or on the point where I'm officially done with WWE.

Thank God there is so much good wrestling available so easily now, that really is a godsend for my overall enthusiasm for pro-wrasslin' in general.
Wrestlemania made me care about WWE again. I had both feet out the door fixing to shut it. I even like Orton now for whatever reason.

These matches don't really do much for me tho. Bryan gone. Dean underutilized. Roman vs a big shoe. All I can say is I want to see a Cena and Orton match in 2015. lol.

I got WM and ER for $9.99 and I definitely want to watch it. More so for appreciation of production quality than creative.

Alucard

Banned
Eh, not much interest in the PPV, but I honestly think it will be a pretty solid show. The Bryan drama has me intrigued, especially if it ends up with Neville somehow becoming IC Champ tonight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AJ Lee leaves WWE.

Aiii suddenly has a revelation that WWE is no longer "for him" but is looking for other opportunities in the sports entertainment world.

somedevil

Have they gave a kayfabe reason for why Bryan is hurt?

Nope, not medically cleared is what they are saying.

Plus the tag match is on the main card and the preshow match is BNB vs Neville.

Plus this is what Barrett is wearing to the match. Either he can see the future or knew this was coming for awhile now:

CDjQ4x5UEAEynJ6.jpg:large

klonere

Banned
Nope, not medically cleared is what they are saying.

Plus the tag match is on the main card and the preshow match is BNB vs Neville.

Yesss thats what I wanted to hear

Network is so weird sometimes, I've got a twitch stream on source up on another screen and the Network is crystal clear and smooth yet sometimes it totally shits itself with nothing to compete against

I'M FINISHED!

I'm still annoyed that Orton beat the World Tag Team Champions in a damn handicap match. Completely unnecessary. The tag division is such a mess.

GunBR

What's the chances of Rusev getting the title back tonight?

And the Rollins v Orton match will end in DQ, because he's gonna break the no-RKO rule. I'm calling it now

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestlemania made me care about WWE again.

That's what annoys me so much. WM was so damn good and they couldn't build off of it at all. Raw has been bad and this PPV card is abysmal. Super frustrating as a fan.

What do you think? Lana is probably going to turn on Rusev and fuck Cena in the ring afterward. Rusev will come out tomorrow with a dancing gimmick.

klonere

Banned

And the Rollins v Orton match will end in DQ, because he's gonna break the no-RKO rule. I'm calling it now

absolutely zero and close to a hundred

actual possible spoilers:

rollins has been doing the RKO at house shows so that could be a finish option, sheer arrogance from rollins etc etc

Oersted

Stupid question: isn't it impossible to get disqualified in a cage match? Or am I misremembering things?

Top Bottom