• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

JavyOO7

Just wish the 2k team in charge of the WWE games would just mimic No Mercy. No Mercy with the nice graphics that the 2k WWE games currently have? Would be pretty great.

Thinking about No Mercy its not absolutely perfection, though. I feel the titan tron videos are silly and four way matches would slow down the FPS rate. Still a stupid fun game to play though.

Hasney

If 2k15 is highly moddable and someone can find a way to put a proper create-a-story mode in there, I'll absolutely jump on it.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was in the code and just removed. Most of the cutscenes are already there, but the ring dimensions changed and Yuke's couldn't be arsed to fix the ones that were affected.

Just wish the 2k team in charge of the WWE games would just mimic No Mercy. No Mercy with the nice graphics that the 2k WWE games currently have? Would be pretty great.

Thinking about No Mercy its not absolutely perfection, though. I feel the titan tron videos are silly and four way matches would slow down the FPS rate. Still a stupid fun game to play though.

The Yuke's games already have an engine that they'll just slowly change every 5 years or so, there's bugs present in the "all new engine" PS4/XB1/PC version that were in WWE 12 for christ's sake. I bet they don't have to pay them much.

RP912

Banned
It kinda bothers me that No Mercy is the most heavy modded wrestling game, while WCW/NWO Revenge gets the shaft. I prefer the fast paced action of revenge over the sluggishness of No Mercy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It kinda bothers me that No Mercy is the most heavy modded wrestling game, while WCW/NWO Revenge gets the shaft. I prefer the fast paced action of revenge over the sluggishness of No Mercy.

Technically, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 would be the best option as it's got the must customization with all the MMA rulesets and striker types.

Hasney

If you want fast paced action, there's a shitton of mods for Smackdown 2. No, I have no idea why either.

Fox318

I think the problem is they are getting told stuff from Vince and co.

Its why Macho Man wasn't in legends of Wrestling and why for years game publications couldn't post screenshots of HHH unless it was showing him going over.

This is the true intersection of PC gaming and wrestling.

16674225353_742f3748f1_o.gif

JavyOO7

I think the problem is they are getting told stuff from Vince and co.

Its why Macho Man wasn't in legends of Wrestling and why for years game publications couldn't post screenshots of HHH unless it was showing him going over.

I don't think Vince cannot control 2K on how the game will play.

Fox318

I don't think Vince cannot control 2K on how the game will play.

I think they want the presentation to be exactly like the TV show.

It's why they use the hard cam instead of the Ramp Camera

PqLBZjj.gif

Honestly when Vince kicks the dust and HHH finally fires Dunn I want them to kill the hard cam. They force Wrestlers to ignore the crowd and it kills heat. Considering how complex their lighting rig is I see no problem in having some sort of cable camera system or have a camera on a rotating track or something.

Sephzilla

The hard camera isn't the problem, its the fact that everyone is basically told to look at the hard camera for promos and shit instead of interacting with the crowd. When you get older guys who show up on TV like Rock or Austin they're noticeably different in the ring.

JavyOO7

I think they want the presentation to be exactly like the TV show.

It's why they use the hard cam instead of the Ramp Camera

PqLBZjj.gif

Honestly when Vince kicks the dust and HHH finally fires Dunn I want them to kill the hard cam. They force Wrestlers to ignore the crowd and it kills heat. Considering how complex their lighting rig is I see no problem in having some sort of cable camera system or have a camera on a rotating track or something.

Ah, thanks for explaining further. I can see how that could affect things. Nice theory.

Fox318

The hard camera isn't the problem, its the fact that everyone is basically told to look at the hard camera for promos and shit instead of interacting with the crowd. When you get older guys who show up on TV like Rock or Austin they're noticeably different in the ring.

That's still on commandment from the producer.

Again when you look at the roster and really think about it they have a to of guys that have talent but are told to act in a certain way so either they can't be over (Cesaro not using the swing as a heel) or just booked as losers (Adam Rose).

tai5ykn.gif

I'm convinced its to either keep payroll down or make their favorite pushed guys (Cena, Reigns) look better considering how weak or overdone they are.

TIL: the creator of the Brutal Doom mod has a very poor reputation online, including accusations that he's racist, misogynist, and anti-Semitic.

Sephzilla

That's still on commandment from the producer.

Again when you look at the roster and really think about it they have a to of guys that have talent but are told to act in a certain way so either they can't be over (Cesaro not using the swing as a heel) or just booked as losers (Adam Rose).

tai5ykn.gif

I'm convinced its to either keep payroll down or make their favorite pushed guys (Cena, Reigns) look better considering how weak or overdone they are.

Adam Rose sucks though

RP912

Banned
Technically, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 would be the best option as it's got the must customization with all the MMA rulesets and striker types.

I heard about this but did they even patched in english translations for the original game?

If you want fast paced action, there's a shitton of mods for Smackdown 2. No, I have no idea why either.

Smackdown 2 is good but ughhhhhhh I don't want to ever go back to that game even for mods.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So they whitewashed Rico in Just Cause 3. Is anyone surprised?

Shoot, I thought they did a lot of that in the jump from 1 to 2. Do you have a pic? Because I'm pretty sure how Rico's supposed to look (I did 100% JC2...goddamn what a game)

Fox318

Adam Rose sucks though

As a wrestler the dude is actually pretty good.

Put him on Lucha Underground with a new costume and he is over.

And that's my point really. For most of the guys in the midcard if you were to move them to another promotion you could probably see them doing better because the WWE system and style is so fucked up.

Imagine fucking Harper in NJPW or Tyson Kidd in Lucha underground. Most of the "top guys" you can't say that. Reigns, Big Show, Cena, Miz, and the Usos wouldn't make the cut at most other places.

That's why the company always is dealing with complacency from the lower roster. Its because they know their is no path to the top after seeing how they tried to fuck up Brian, got bitter at Ryder, and tried to sabotage CM Punk.

Saints Row 3 isn't even the best Saints Row tho
YOwRMgU.png

Nothing has topped Saints Row 2 yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, so let's answer this question.

Oh no! WWE has to trim their roster, but nobody gives a fuck who gets cut! It's up to you to find a new home, one wrestler from WWE to move to each of these promotions - who moves where, and why? Only one apiece.

Spots to be filled:

Lucha Underground
NJPW
TNA
(and for those that follow NOAH,) NOAH
PROGRESS

What would you love to see?

Hasney

Eh, Lucha is pretty crammed for an hour show already, especially with the season format. Neville or Zayn would be cool, but I wouldn't actively clamour for them.

JavyOO7

Tyson Kidd to NJPW. Maybe even becomes Bullet Club leader or something. Or at least give him the mic. Better than 'DOMO ARIGATO JAPAAAAAAN' dude who loves to scream on the mic, jesus christ.

Top Bottom