• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

Alright, so let's answer this question.

Oh no! WWE has to trim their roster, but nobody gives a fuck who gets cut! It's up to you to find a new home, one wrestler from WWE to move to each of these promotions - who moves where, and why? Only one apiece.

Spots to be filled:

Lucha Underground
NJPW
TNA
(and for those that follow NOAH,) NOAH
PROGRESS

What would you love to see?

I'd send Neville to PROGRESS. That's a no brainer. Cesaro to New Japan. Kalisto to Lucha Underground. Riley to TNA. Bryan to NOAH, just so we can get a Bryan vs Suzuki match that actually makes tape this time. Also, Bryan vs Zack Sabre Jr.

Incidentally, Samurai TV in their infinite wisdom cut ZSJ vs Harada down to 6 minutes, but left all 25 of Taichi vs Ishimori intact. I mean, c'mon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big E goes to BJW
Rusev goes to AJPW

Just itchin' for some Sekimoto vs Big E aren't you...and of course all the rest. BJW does work their short, strong guys right.

I'd send Neville to PROGRESS. That's a no brainer. Cesaro to New Japan. Kalisto to Lucha Underground. Riley to TNA. Bryan to NOAH, just so we can get a Bryan vs Suzuki match that actually makes tape this time. Also, Bryan vs Zack Sabre Jr.

Incidentally, Samurai TV in their infinite wisdom cut ZSJ vs Harada down to 6 minutes, but left all 25 of Taichi vs Ishimori intact. I mean, c'mon.

Neville to PROGRESS? That just seems like such a bland step back. Kalisto to LU ensures he's just one of the crowd. Riley to TNA makes me laff though.

Fox318

Thought they were going PG?

RS7pPs3.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Big Show to ROH.

Monster heel run to end all monster heel runs. King Kong swatting away planes type shit. Crowd would despise him for all the ISEC reasons in addition to him being the primary heel.

Similarly, Cena to ROH. Exact same character, steamrolls the roster, mega heat.

Neville to PROGRESS? That just seems like such a bland step back.

For Neville, sure, but I picked him because it was literally Neville, Wade or Cesaro. I doubt you'll ever see a non-European as a full-time member of the PROGRESS roster.

Sephzilla

Cena going to basically any other promotion would work because any other promotion will find new ways to book him and make him interesting again. Even TNA could.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Much rather see ryback in BJW

Wade Barrett in NOAH

Ryback in BJW would be exceptionally fun.

Similarly, Cena to ROH. Exact same character, steamrolls the roster, mega heat.

For Neville, sure, but I picked him because it was literally Neville, Wade or Cesaro. I doubt you'll ever see a non-European as a full-time member of the PROGRESS roster.

It's got to be a Brit, but yeah, I think Barrett would be a more interesting fit.

Why's it gotta be a Brit or someone very European? You can have anyoneeeee!

I'd watch Cena vs Akebono, no joke. Honestly, Cena would be pretty amazing anywhere. Except TNA, obviously.

Cena could do a ridiculous amount of things anywhere else when he's not tied to the perceived life of a company. Big Bono vs Cena would be fun, the AA would be earth-shattering.

Honestly as cliche as it sounds, Harper or Wyatt in NJPW would be delightful. They could do a lot of amazing things with someone looking unhinged. Hell, a Wyatt Family run overseas would be RIDICULOUS.

I would kill for Orton vs Okada someday though. God damn. Or Orton/Tanahashi. FUCK.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd watch Cena vs Akebono, no joke. Honestly, Cena would be pretty amazing anywhere. Except TNA, obviously.

I don't know if I've posted it here or not, but I think Cena would be incredibly exciting in AJPW. Imagine him working a lighter schedule? Cena has shown bits of greatness and it makes you wonder what he could do when he's given more time to rest inbetween matches. Then you throw him into a promotion like AJPW that's super traditional with a very specific style of the old school King's Road/Dory Funk Sr inspired stuff and you put a flashy, WWE star in there with his level of endurance and accomplishments. Brings something completely different. He could work Akebono, he could work SUWAMA, he could work Kotaro, he could work ZEUS. Plenty of guys he could fit well with by not fitting at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lucha Underground - Sheanus
TNA - Mark Henry
NJPW - Tyson Kidd
ROH - Big Show
PWG - Uso's
Chikara - Brody Lee

This is a fascinating list. Sheamus to LU would be a great, great fit. Same with Usos to PWG.

Barrett and Sheamus to Japan, definitely.

Lucha Dragons to LU. I feel like they'd be able to use Hunicara effectively. Make him an all brawler type.

I don't know where i'd send Jack Swagger, but i wanna send him somewhere. I guess NJPW?

Adam Rose to PROGRESS.

Sephzilla

Barrett and Sheamus to Japan, definitely.

Lucha Dragons to LU. I feel like they'd be able to use Hunicara effectively. Make him an all brawler type.

I don't know where i'd send Jack Swagger, but i wanna send him somewhere. I guess NJPW?

Adam Rose to PROGRESS.

Swagger seems like the exact type of guy TNA would jizz over

KissVibes

Banned
I would send them all to GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING.

Lucha Underground - Daniel Bryan
TNA - Bo Dallas. EC3 and Bo Dallas is a BIG MONEY FEUD
NJPW - Christian (or Cesaro if Christian is for real retired forever)
ROH - Prime Time Players
PWG - Big E
Chikara - Fandango

RP912

Banned
Curtis Axel can go to WCW
PTP can go to Smokey Mountain Wrestling
Cody Rhodes can go to NWA Wildstyle
The Bellas can go to WOW
Cena can go to WCCW

KissVibes

Banned
I would sent John Cena to CZW if I had the choice. Not only would it be hilarious to see JOHN CENA IN THE COMBAT ZONE, I would send him there and have him shoot beat up Nick Gage too.

Striker

One thing I will give Raw credit for is getting Lawler off commentary and sticking him on Smackdown.

Outside of the puppies phase was Lawler ever really good on commentary?

Even in stuff like JR calling Foley from the cage he is bouncing in and out of character and his character doesn't compare to Ventura or Heyman.
Lawler in '97 was a great, fun heel. I liked the work with he and the Hart Family the most, mostly due to him always willing to put over Owen's work.

Fox318

Brock Lesnar to LU

it would be amazing.

Hell most other promotions guys would be better just off the fact they aren't doing 7+ hours of TV weekly and 2-3 house shows plus appearances a week.

Brock left wrestling because of that schedule and it really only made sense to counter Turners financing.

jesus fuck i'm debating dragonball with people on a forum

It's 2015; I'm a grown-ass man, and I wondered the other night if I should rewatch Evangelion.

It's 2015, and neither the Berserk manga (started in 1989) nor the Rebuild of Evangelion movie series (started in 2007) is finished.

Hmm.

Lucha Underground - Titus O'Neil
ROH - Fandango
NJPW - Heath Slater
NOAH - Stardust (he looks like Super Sentai already anyway)
Chikara - Bo Dallas
TNA - The Miz

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Titus would be fun in BJW too...sooooo huuuuuge.

Bo would be a ton of fun in Chikara circa 2010. Stardust would fit in well in ROH.

Alright, so let's answer this question.

Oh no! WWE has to trim their roster, but nobody gives a fuck who gets cut! It's up to you to find a new home, one wrestler from WWE to move to each of these promotions - who moves where, and why? Only one apiece.

Spots to be filled:

Lucha Underground
NJPW
TNA
(and for those that follow NOAH,) NOAH
PROGRESS

What would you love to see?

Oh, only one per company. That changes things.

NJPW: cut Doc Gallows and replace with Titus O'Neill.

Dragon Gate: Kalisto, obviously.

NOAH: Dean Ambrose so Minoru Suzuki could show him how to really play that character.

AJPW: Mark Henry for an Akebono match.

BJW: Big E, for obvious reasons.

Lucha Underground: Cesaro, who is an amazing base for flyers.

PROGRESS: Jack Swagger.

CZW: Bray Wyatt.

ROH: Sheamus, to pair vanilla midgets with a vanilla big guy.

PWG: Heath Slater. I need to know.

Hoodslam: John Cena, for the John Cena vs. Prawn Cena and John Cena vs. Scorpion feuds. Also, no fucking kids at Hoodslam for Cena to pander to.

Chikara: Bo Dallas.

TNA: Curtis Axel.

Top Bottom