• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| Porsha! Get my damn shoe!

I clicked on the Roberts article expecting to come away either thinking badly of Roberts or the WWE and came away not really thinking badly of either.

Yes, the WWE saw a business opportunity in Connor, but it's also clear that they saw a chance to do something good for a little boy dying of cancer at the same time. Yes, they know that putting Steph on TV crying about Connor makes them look good, but at the same time Steph wasn't crying in the first place for that reason.

Where I absolutely agree with Justin though is in them using that Warrior HOF line out of context. Sure, I bet he'd be really happy to have an award like the Warrior award named after him, and I bet he'd be more than happy that someone like Connor was the first person to receive it...

But I really want to see the award he was really talking about come to fruition. He's fired now, but Justin is completely on the nose to mention Mark Yeaton. Even before hearing Justin singing his praises, I'd felt that Yeaton deserved to be in the HOF.

Who hadn't watched Stone Cold sticking out a hand and receiving a can of beer *perfectly thrown* right into his hand and wondered who the hell the guy was throwing those cans?

Here's a guy who not only did his day job, who not only rang the bell and helped coordinate things, but who also practiced throwing beer cans for god knows how long to help put over Steve Austin, without ever once trying to get recognition for his part.

seriously though who was that guy? He has the arms of an angel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I tend to enjoy A, although that's probably more work for you.

I prefer writing more when I watch it, but I wouldn't bother if people have to be kind of won over to read it. My only real issue is I might tend to write too much about one particular match and end up having to break it up into several posts. I'm not bothering with NJPW because the people on here who want to watch it already watch it. I'm not sure if I want to do it for older stuff either just because it's already enough to keep up with what's going on in the other Japanese indies.

Cities Skylines just doesn't appeal to me.

I enjoyed Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin.

If you enjoyed those game you will love PoE, it feels like a spiritual successor to BG2.

The patch seemed to fix the majors bugs in the game, so it is a good time to play. But like most games on the genre they will never be bug free.

RP912

Banned
Shout out to my boy Carnby, all white main event baby

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WWF In Your House 12: IT'S TIME

• Leif Cassidy vs Flash Funk
  • Diesel/Razor Ramon vs Owen Hart/British Bulldog WWF Tag Team Championships
  • Marc Mero vs HHH WWF Intercontinental Championship
  • The Executioner vs Undertaker Armageddon Rules
  • Bret Hart vs Sid WWF Championship

xZzQWp3.gif

cMStBcy.gif

fw3xkhE.gif

Russo as shit. The tag match is heel vs heel with run ins from a heel and people from a different company. Main event features so much insidery shit from HBK. Weird and uncomfortable race stuff between Ahmed and Faarooq. Attitude Era is here, friends.

The one thing I remembered about It's Time was the shitty technical difficulties WWF was having during the PPV. Also how shitty the "Armageddon" match was...

strobogo

Banned
The one thing I remembered about It's Time was the shitty technical difficulties WWF was having during the PPV. Also how shitty the "Armageddon" match was...

It was just a Texas death match and it was dog shit. Terry Gordy should not have been wrestling at that point. It was bad and sad, convoluted as fuck. Mind you, earlier in the year, Taker was involved in a dangerous gimmick match where the only way you could win was via pinfall. That was the gimmick. I believe that was either the Rest In Piece or Final Curtain match. I don't recall. But it was a standard match.

RP912

Banned
Top 5 Events that WWE need to bring back.

1. In Your House
2. Backlash
3. Insurrection
4. Armageddon
5. Starcade (especially for the low card...make it their Wrestlemania)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When I used to work for Sears, we had to go to these Housing Convention events and it was a stadium full of little mock up house things and ALL of them looked like In Your House sets.

Thorakai

On the topic of the Warrior Award, whoever is in charge of those video packages deserves some damn recognition. Its amazing how often their work can instill hype to a match that has lackluster builds time and time again. I'd love a Network special that just walks through the process of building these video packages together.

RP912

Banned
Halloween havoc

To be honest...Hell in the Cell is the closest thing to Halloween Havoc in my eye.

Backlash should come back only if they bring back the setup with the swinging hooks.

Dude I loved that set. Wrestlers coming out to moving sharp objects.

It was cool.

Never bring back KOTR unless it is going to be a multi show tournament. One night tournaments suck.

Survivors Series Deadly Games was a good one night tournament. I never seen the point in a multi show tournament. I like the feeling of a wrestler fighting for grueling matches just to get their moment.

It makes me miss the old UFC and their one night only tournaments.

kiguel182

On the topic of the Warrior Award, whoever is in charge of those video packages deserves some damn recognition. Its amazing how often their work can instill hype to a match that has lackluster builds time and time again. I'd love a Network special that just walks through the process of building these video packages together.

Honestly, part of the reason I watch WWE are those packages. Makes the product look so much better. They have amazing video editors.

I was hoping to see them recognized after Warrior award but I don't see that happening any time soon.

strobogo

Banned
To be honest...Hell in the Cell is the closest thing to Halloween Havoc in my eye.

Dude I loved that set. Wrestlers coming out to moving sharp objects.

It was cool.

Survivors Series Deadly Games was a good one night tournament. I never seen the point in a multi show tournament. I like the feeling of a wrestler fighting for grueling matches just to get their moment.

It makes me miss the old UFC and their one night only tournaments.

Bruv....Deadly Games is awful. 14 matches (plus 4 from Heat). 3 matches went over 10 minutes. 6 were under 4 minutes. The only tournament worse is WM4 since it is like 39 hours long.

RP912

Banned
Bruv....Deadly Games is awful. 14 matches (plus 4 from Heat). 3 matches went over 10 minutes. 6 were under 4 minutes. The only tournament worse is WM4 since it is like 39 hours long.

Deadly Games wasn't that bad lol. It had the wackiness of the Attitude Era to take away how shitty the actual event was...

Now WM4 was ass....and I mean that from the soul.

Sid was built like a goddamn Rob Liefeld drawing. No wonder Vince loved him.

Everyone loved him.

He was one of those guys like Bryan who you love on the mic even though they're objectively bad at it (Sid more than Bryan).

I also recently watched Deadly Games. MEH. It was overbooked IMHO. Not a patch on my favorite KOTR tournies.

strobogo

Banned
I watched it recently and it was brutal to get through. All that Attitude Era wackiness makes it harder to get through, not easier. The only quality match was Regal vs X-Pac and the last few minutes of Rock/Mankind.

EW. How dare you compare Sid and Bryan's mic work, and how dare you say Sid is worse than Bryan at talking. What in the fuck. Sid was a great promo guy despite his goofs in WCW. Great intensity, never corpsed, looked and sounded like his character should look and sound. Please tell me I'm reading that wrong.

WWE posted a response to Justin Robert's LiveJournal post.

WWE said:
“It is offensive to suggest that WWE and its executives had anything but altruistic intentions in honoring Connor and his legacy with The Warrior Award. In conjunction with Connor’s father, Connor’s Cure was established by Stephanie McMahon and Paul Levesque to raise awareness and funds for pediatric cancer, and to honor a boy that so many people within the WWE family came to love. The fund is managed by the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation and has already raised more than $200,000 for pediatric cancer research.

In addition, following the Ultimate Warrior’s impassioned Hall of Fame speech last year encouraging WWE to recognize its unsung heroes, the Warrior Award was established in his memory to honor those who exhibit unwavering strength and perseverance, and who live life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the Ultimate Warrior. With the full support and input of Ultimate Warrior’s widow, Dana Warrior, Connor Michalek was the first recipient of the Warrior Award, and moving forward the award will be given annually to acknowledge other unsung heroes among WWE’s employees and fans.

WWE is proud to use our global platforms to raise awareness for important social causes, including Connor’s Cure as well as our longstanding partnership with Make A Wish, our on-going partnership with Susan G. Komen, which has resulted in more than $1.5 million in funds raised, and our international partnership with Special Olympics.”

Like I said when it was first posted, what a whiner.

strobogo

Banned
When it comes to In Your Houses, 12 doesn't have a leg to stand on against 7.
o7Z0Wbo.gif

wArGOuv.gif

tzBjIHD.gif

Nash was at maximum cool thug life Big Kev mode which he'd carry over into the WCW.

http://i.imgur.com/vjxRjYa.gif

Good Friends, Better Enemies was pretty good. Last PPV for Hall, Nash, and Kid. Vader vs Razor is one of the best matches either had in WWF and the main event is one of the best for both Nash and HBK.

Shout out to my boy Carnby, all white main event baby
IHY Good Friends, Better Enemies @Legitshook.com/shill

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like to think 1 2 3 Kid stopped wrestling after the WWF. Makes me feel better.

Syxx vs Flair was pretty solid though. I did enjoy people being like 'lol Flair vs X-Pac?!' like it was so ridiculous even though those two guys were basically the same size and Flair was already in his late 40s when they feuded.

Top Bottom