• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Aiii

So not worth it
If you're not in the WWE to make a name for yourself, why are you even there? Eva Marie has the right attitude.

If you try and make a name for yourself IN WRESTLING, yes you have a point, but Eva Marie is one of the many in a long line of people that are just there to become famous and hopefully move on to a different career.

Remember when the Bella's quit WWE for 11 months "because they need to rest" (as per their own words). Nope, they figured they were famous and they could now go to Hollywood and be on TV or in movies.

I think they did a music video once.

If you try and make a name for yourself IN WRESTLING, yes you have a point, but Eva Marie is one of the many in a long line of people that are just there to become famous and hopefully move on to a different career.

Remember when the Bella's quit WWE for 11 months "because they need to rest" (as per their own words). Nope, they figured they were famous and they could now go to Hollywood and be on TV or in movies.

ilC2wSW2dywxY.gif

I don't think Aiii realizes he's getting worked right now.

WrassleGAF is all shoot all the time. Don't spread misinformation, friend.

Rapstah

They should have bands all over New Orleans playing other CFO$ classics like Eva Marie's theme. That girl don't quit...
8xZCI7r.gif
8xZCI7r.gif
8xZCI7r.gif

Marvel

could never
"Now what I'd like for you to do, Hulk... is place your hand over your heart and in a loud and clear voice say along with us, WE THE THE PEOPLE, BROTHER."

dude they were on that Rob Dyrdek show Ridiculousness once

actually no that doesn't count, because Nikki had her title. remember when Nikki Bella was Divas Champ for like a week before they took their rest
legit thought this was a rare Justin Credible photo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Keep in mind, these are the same Bellas who were too good to do FCW as long as trained wrestlers like Serena.

Eva Marie also thinks she's too good to do NXT soo

Marvel

could never
I can see it now, someone other than Big Shoe winning the Royale which immediately turns him heel again the next night on Raw.

#HowDareYou

He had his heart set on that statue mang.

Xater

Fuck now I can't find in which Botchamania episode it was, but there was one part where you could see the CZW ring entrance. Flags were hanging down from the top and there was one for a America, one for Japan and one for....Belgium? WTF? Pretty sure the last one was supposed to be Germany but they botched it. The colors were not in the right order.

Browny

Banned
He's already in it. Clearly got it in the bag
if it wasn't for Captain Charisma

I'm clearly not paying attention. I blame a complete lack of sleep. The jackets will be on the full PPV!

I can see it now, someone other than Big Shoe winning the Royale which immediately turns him heel again the next night on Raw.

#HowDareYou

He had his heart set on that statue mang.

iEDnj0zmSpw9T.gif

We need more Big Slow In A Suit - if only to shame up Cena's tailor.

Edit: He's not? Arrrrggghhhh!!!

Xater

And what the fuck is Bridus doing in NXT going for the title? No one gives a shit about him so they put him back in developmental?

MC Safety

Big Show and Mark Henry should team up as the flip-floppers.

One of them could be the good guy and the other a villain, and they could switch during each individual match. Maybe sometimes they'd forget whether they were good or bad over the course of a show. They might even switch in the middle of an interview.

strobogo

Banned
I was thinking about JR saying that the 10 count punches in the corner expose the business and should be done away with forever. And his reasoning is because people know you can't get hit 10 times in a row and not have marks all over your face. People know what real punches look like and that spot is just terrible now. But what about all the random punches and kicks during a match? By his logic, no one should throw any strikes ever again. And no one should do submissions. Or do anything because MMA has proven everything is stupid.

And JR sees no irony in bitching about things that expose the business while doing a pod cast that talks about things that expose the business? He also bitched about the 3 1/2 count kick out, which makes no sense to me as that has been a staple of pro wrestling since the 50s at least of making sure the other guy still looks good after losing. It's not like Kofi kicks out at 3 1/2 from an RKO. It's like Hogan kicking out at 3 1/2 against Warrior. Big difference. I don't know why that bothers him. Especially since that was a staple of Bill Watts booking.

Browny

Banned
I was thinking about JR saying that the 10 count punches in the corner expose the business and should be done away with forever. And his reasoning is because people know you can't get hit 10 times in a row and not have marks all over your face. People know what real punches look like and that spot is just terrible now. But what about all the random punches and kicks during a match? By his logic, no one should throw any strikes ever again. And no one should do submissions. Or do anything because MMA has proven everything is stupid.

And JR sees no irony in bitching about things that expose the business while doing a pod cast that talks about things that expose the business? He also bitched about the 3 1/2 count kick out, which makes no sense to me as that has been a staple of pro wrestling since the 50s at least of making sure the other guy still looks good after losing. It's not like Kofi kicks out at 3 1/2 from an RKO. It's like Hogan kicking out at 3 1/2 against Warrior. Big difference. I don't know why that bothers him. Especially since that was a staple of Bill Watts booking.

JR not embracing the Sports Entertainment Culture... tsk tsk tsk.

I now expect a 10 punch fest at WM. In fact, the last 8 in the jobber royale should take part - 2 in each corner.

Sblargh

Banned
I don't like the punches because they're clearly not connecting; wrestling moves should look like they hurt or be flashy enough that it doesn't matter. The punches are neither.

As for exposing the busisness, expose to whom? Who are you still trying to fool? Take the art of pretending to be fighting as it is, people seeing who is better at pretending to be fighting, because fake fights are awesome and exciting while real fights are grown people hugging each other on the mat until somehow one of them gets hurt.

Sounds like you need a break. How about a swim?

strobogo

Banned
JR not embracing the Sports Entertainment Culture... tsk tsk tsk.

I now expect a 10 punch fest at WM. In fact, the last 8 in the jobber royale should take part - 2 in each corner.

All the storylines and that it's been openly acknowledged since the early 80s that it's fake, and that wrestlers go on TV shows out of character to promote shows, that the Network explodes kayfabe, and that JR himself openly shatters it on the LOW panels he was on do not expose the business, but 10 count punches do.

iCoQa1Kb1KYj.gif

Browny

Banned
All the storylines and that it's been openly acknowledged since the early 80s that it's fake, and that wrestlers go on TV shows out of character to promote shows, that the Network explodes kayfabe, and that JR himself openly shatters it on the LOW panels he was on do not expose the business, but 10 count punches do.

iCoQa1Kb1KYj.gif

"It's still real to me, damnit!!!"

Big E almost needs a "That's all folks!" at the end of that...

The stipulation between the HHH-Bryan match should have been if Bryan wins he gets to be in the Andre Jobber Rumble as Hunter's "apology" to fans.

All in character, best for business to appease the fanbase, YOU CAN GIVE THESE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT. YOU WINNING THE JOBBER RUMBLE, etc.

strobogo

Banned
"It's still real to me, damnit!!!"

Big E almost needs a "That's all folks!" at the end of that...

The best part of Big E's trip was when he was scarffing down pastries and the powdered sugar reminded him of the chalk and he started doing his intro in the middle of a cafe.

Browny

Banned
The best part of Big E's trip was when he was scarffing down pastries and the powdered sugar reminded him of the chalk and he started doing his intro in the middle of a cafe.

I now need to watch this. Tell me it's on utube...

Fake edit: I just searched big e pasties - I won't be clicking on the third link at work...

Marvel

could never

He's a funny dude, shame it doesn't translate on TV.

When it comes to Raw or SD I just don't give a fuck about Big E and I know he's a pretty cool dude.

Top Bottom