• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Marvel

could never
Well, yes I do have big grapefruits. However, I also have no choice. No cable tv, no wrestling sports bars, pirate streams suck and will probably be streaming the network anyway. I'm cautiously optimistic that this is going to work beautifully. If not, there are always refunds.

Ah shit I see, well I hope it goes well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Legends of Wrestlemania kinda sucked :/

Carnby

I'm confident the network will hold up. It would be a PR disaster if it doesn't. WWE can't afford to have it fail. All hands will be on deck tomorrow night at the MLB Datacenter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The worst part about Yukes awful games is that they had a team at one point who could make an excellent wrestling game and decided to shelve them for the same people who ran the never very good to begin with Smackdown games into the ground.

Even the supposed good Smackdown games (the first three) had awful controls and a bad feel to them. They are mainly fondly remembered for being on the Playstation and PS2 and for the insane dream card like rosters the PS2 games ended up with.

styl3s

It's shocking how little faith people have in the network as if it was some MMO launch.

It will hold up, WWE has probably spent 30 dump trucks worth of money making damn sure nothing is going to happen.

Marvel

could never
Vince's fucking puppetS ruin everything.

FOpxuu3_zpsbabb0373.gif

DMczaf

Let me guess. Did it feel more like a Backstage/pre show more than it was. Legends Roundtable Show?

Absolutely. It feels more like WWE selling rewritten history to new fans more than just old carnies shooting the shit. This is not my Legends Roundtable. ;_;

Jamie OD

Bourbon St + wrestling fans = Weird, weird scenes.

Guys wearing Wyatt goat masks getting lap dances. It's like a bizarre parody of A Clockwork Orange.

Jamie OD

Also today's SHIMMER & DGUSA shows are held in a college where there just so happens to be a major party happening on campus at the same time. And I'm heading there soon.

Attention ticket holder!

The below message is being sent on behalf of the Smoothie King Center:

WWE Hall of Fame
Smoothie King Center
Saturday, April 5 at 8:00 p.m.

Welcome to WrestleMania 30 weekend and the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony!!!

Please show the proper respect to the WWE Superstars and Hall of Fame Inductees when they are on stage speaking. There will be no inappropriate behavior, cat calls, or chants of any kind tolerated at all. Violation of this policy will result in immediate ejection from The Smoothie King Center without warning.

Thank you and enjoy the 2014 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and WrestleMania 30.

Guess they thought inducting a murderer and a bigot would incite craziness out of the crowd.

Also today's SHIMMER & DGUSA shows are held in a college where there just so happens to be a major party happening on campus at the same time. And I'm heading there soon.
I noticed the crawfest signs last night. I'll be at DG. Taking a nice recovery afternoon after not getting in till 6 this morning.

Somebody was walking around with a 2 foot John Cena doll last night and there was this dog just going ape shit barking at it. He could definitely see him.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I forgot how much of a bummer Match Maker mode in FPR is. Oh well, game is still GOAT. My roster update is a couple years behind, time to scour for new ones!

I forgot how much of a bummer Match Maker mode in FPR is. Oh well, game is still GOAT. My roster update is a couple years behind, time to scour for new ones!

Well lucky you it's right here ⬇️

You have a link to the 2014 roster? I can't seem to find it.

It's at the bottom of the first post.

Oh man Ric. He's hurting bad. I want to give him a hug.

Poor Ric :(

GIF of him crying is heartbreaking man.

Psh! Ric can suck it. What the fuck with him telling Foley he overstayed his welcome in the WWE?

Marvel

could never
Psh! Ric can suck it. What the fuck with him telling Foley he overstayed his welcome in the WWE?

I know that's a shitty thing to say to someone and their beef does go way back, but it doesn't compare to the pain of a dead relative let alone son/daughter.

Anth0ny

Bourbon St + wrestling fans = Weird, weird scenes.

Guys wearing Wyatt goat masks getting lap dances. It's like a bizarre parody of A Clockwork Orange.

yeah listening to the pollock + ting recaps... new orleans + wrasslin' sounds fucking insane, in a good way.

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you Americans still pledge allegiance to that piece of cloth in school every morning or have you stopped doing that?

That's much weirder to me than playing your anthem before a spring event, we do that too, though only before the national teams play games.

kiguel182

Do you Americans still pledge allegiance to that piece of cloth in school every morning or have you stopped doing that?

That's much weirder to me than playing your anthem before a spring event, we do that too, though only before the national teams play games.

Well, WWE isn't exactly a sporting event. Is an entertainment show they sell all around the world.

While people watch football teams for different countries there's a reason there are national championships. Not exactly the same.

But here I think the anthem is only played on the final of the national cup, if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure saying the pledge in school only happened in elementary school.

I know that's a shitty thing to say to someone and their beef does go way back, but it doesn't compare to the pain of a dead relative let alone son/daughter.

I agree that Ric had it rough these last few years, but it doesn't give him free reign to dismiss other people's accomplishments because he doesn't approve. Did you see Foley and JBL's faces after he said that?

Hasney

Showing WM 27 to get people hyped for WM was probably not the best idea.

Beth Phoenix has a nice voice at least.

EDIT: Shit, forgot Chris Masters not only came back, but was still there then.

Marvel

could never
I agree that Ric had it rough these last few years, but it doesn't give him free reign to dismiss other people's accomplishments because he doesn't approve. Did you see Foley and JBL's faces after he said that?

I did :( like I said, shitty thing to say indeed.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

People still do that, although it depends on where you go. I used to do it every morning in elementary, but after junior high we didn't, except for a brief period in 7th grade due to 9/11. Oh, and I live in Texas, so we pledge allegiance to the Texas flag as well for some reason.

Ithil

I think even if Punk had stayed, Bryan would still be in the WWE title match, he just wouldn't be pulling double duty with HHH as well.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Yeah. Bryan would have been trapped in a tag match with Cena against the Wyatts.

lol

I thought it was going to be Sheamus vs Bryan.

Either way, it turned out for the best. I think Bryan winning against HHH and winning the title in the same night will probably do more for him than winning the Rumble would have.

Top Bottom