• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Rewatched HBK/Taker 2 from WM26 and the commentary is bad enough to impact the match.
King is at a peak of awfulness, he sounds so half hearted and spends the whole match banging on about Taker's leg in his Owen voice trying to tie every movement Taker makes to his shaky leg as well as gradually ramping things up from tweaked knee to full on broken leg after the table spot, fuck King.
Striker tries his best but he's just not quite up to snuff, at least he comes across genuine and is probably marking out bro.
Cole is Cole.

The match itself just doesn't hit the highs of their godly WM25 encounter for me either, it's still good but the focus on old man Taker tweaking his knee (from his own old school no less) feels a bit detrimental to things, commentary debate over if Michaels face bustered his way out of a last ride or if Taker's legs gave way, it's clearly a face buster but damn king just can't let the leg go, Cole ends the debate with a cop out "perhaps a combination of both".
The ending is also a bit too one sided but I do mark for HBK's slap and the jumping tombstone.
Still that was the last time a WM main event (as in the match that went on last) felt like an actual main event quality encounter, I thought Rock/Cena 1 had the potential but we all know how that turned out.

looks like another day where all the Jack Swagger HATERS come out of the woodwork and pretend like his Zayn match wasn't as good as Cesaro's

Just finished the morning session of Axxess. Fun if you got free tickets like me - caught Paige and Neville defend their titles (Red Arrow's great to see in person), saw HBK ramble a bit in a Q&A and caught some of the displays.

If I'd paid $45 for a ticket, I'd probably feel horribly ripped off though. If you're not looking to get something signed, there's not much to do. Big lines for Cesaro and the Divas on that front.

So if Austin is at WM that means he'll probably help Bryan win the title right? Only thing that makes sense would be him stopping the Authority from interfering.

geomon

I'm British Columbian.

tumblr_n3je8qWkP41qevcs2o3_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Yet you question The Pledge?
Yep, it is weird.
Contradicted yourself in the previous post. This is the most unamerican thing anyone has said within WrestleGAF dissing the all-American American American like that.

American.

There are plenty of All American American Americans. Given how his teammate isn't even American, you could even replace him with an All European American American.

Hasney

Just played the main event on Fire Pro. Bryan is going to pin Batista with a North Lights Suplex tomorrow!

Christ, Batista will be sucking in air so hard taking a move like that will cause the roof to cave in on itself.

That's a point, I don't think Bryan will be going to matches back to back. They can't trust Batistas conditioning to carry most of the match, right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Real Americans are probably the best tag team in WWE. They're one of the few that actually work together as a team. I don't know if I've ever seen Shield do a double team outside of the power bomb.
9UeaZ8i.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Christ, Batista will be sucking in air so hard taking a move like that will cause the roof to cave in on itself.

That's a point, I don't think Bryan will be going to matches back to back. They can't trust Batistas conditioning to carry most of the match, right?
I would have that match go on first. Good way to get the crowd into the event and will give Bryan time to rest so Batista doesn't have to carry a match whil Bryan is outside the ring taking a break

Sokantish

I think Bryan would be perfectly fine with two matches in a row. He's not The Rock or Batista!

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan can go sixty minutes, besides there will be at least 20 minutes in between with the video packages and extended entrances.

Carnby

Aww. Thanks dude! :)

Absolutely. It feels more like WWE selling rewritten history to new fans more than just old carnies shooting the shit. This is not my Legends Roundtable. ;_;

I started the show, and didn't watch more than a few minutes. It was held at WM Axxess, cut to a montage after the first question, and there is no smoking. This is definitely a lamer version of the real Rountable show.

And Cole is a fat ass shill. He probably wears a fedora too.

kiguel182

If there's one man that we shouldn't be questioning his cardio is Bryan. There will be no problems there.

Also, regarding US vs the world: The USA are great content providers but it doesn't sound like a place I would like to live. Your politics and military driven culture give me the creeps.

Sokantish

If there's one man that we shouldn't be questioning his cardio is Bryan. There will be no problems there.

Also, regarding US vs the world: The USA are great content providers but it doesn't sound like a place I would like to live. Your politics and military driven culture give me the creeps.

Yeah in my neighborhood we all just gather up and show off all our new guns every week, then we talk about who we think the US should go to war with next

kiguel182

Yeah in my neighborhood we all just gather up and show off all our new guns every week, then we talk about who we think the US should go to war with next

It's a large country, not saying everywhere it's the same and not every person it's the same.

But, for example, the whole propaganda WWE does for the troops represents the kind of view a lot of people have.

Not saying everyone thinks the same in the US of course but I couldn't live in a place with no healthcare or the gun policies there are there.

strobogo

Banned

My neighborhood organizes weekly war games. The cunt next door always wins the coin toss.

Top Bottom