• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyH

id seen some of sheamus before WWE due to Irish whip wrestling and he was good then but i do agree that he got pushed way too quickly

RBH

I really hope that the rumors about Sheamus/Bryan being pushed to the dark match are not true.

I'll still get to see the match either way tonight, but they deserve to be on the main show.

MattH said:
id seen some of sheamus before WWE due to Irish whip wrestling and he was good then but i do agree that he got pushed way too quickly

If I remember rightly I saw a match with Sheamus vs Fergal Devitt from Irish Whip Wrestling that was pretty damn impressive - Devitt's awesome and Sheamus is growing on me to. In regards to his early super-push, it's kind of infuriating that WWE keep doing this, they push someone to the stars and see if they stick, if not, bump them back down and re-build all over again. Happened to Sheamus and Punk and Swagger. It's probably a result of the fact that the mid-card belts mean NOTHING in modern day WWE.

noclevername620 said:
Heading down to the arena in a bit. What an epic week. ROH impressed the hell out of me yesterday.

Good to hear man, it was an awesome show - I bet Jay's bloody mask looked crazy in person. I loved that match, the ANX are definitely one of my favourite young tag teams today.

PaulLFC

If someone could enlighten me on where I could possibly acquire one of these $2 lamps, that'd be great. I'm bored of sitting in darkness!

Ulairi said:
Sting V Taker on a mania would mean Sting signs just to lose. They'd need to do something have have Taker and Sting not finish and turn into a team or something.
Redeeming your career > jobbing to Undertaker
> getting the clap > being in TNA

Taker may be a shell of his former self but at least he doesn't wear a T-shirt to the ring like that walking embarrassment.

Awesome Kong is in Atlanta - would love to see her debut at Mania, either coming down to save Trish & the Troll, or as LayCool's secret weapon.

Bootaaay said:
Awesome Kong is in Atlanta - would love to see her debut at Mania, either coming down to save Trish & the Troll, or as LayCool's secret weapon.
As awesome as that may sound, a debut at WrestleMania (a diva at that) is very unlikely.

PaulLFC

Not sure if this needs to be spoilered or not, but just in case:

"Breaking #WM27 news!
After The Corre's attack on Kozlov at WM Axxess, @TrueKofi has been added to the eight-man tag!
"

PaulLFC said:

"Breaking #WM27 news!
After The Corre's attack on Kozlov at WM Axxess, @TrueKofi has been added to the eight-man tag!
"

It is a good job they got
@TrueKofi
, would have been shit if they got the fake one from Twitter

spindashing said:
As awesome as that may sound, a debut at WrestleMania (a diva at that) is very unlikely.

True - and I guess that by having her come out unannounced they'd run the risk of the audience not having a clue who she was, or the importance of her arrival. It just seems strange to me that they'd keep Kong on the books for so many months and let her carry on her indy schedule instead of sending her to OVW.

PaulLFC said:

"Breaking #WM27 news!
"

I was right after all. Michael Hayes did put on Cool Runnings and likes fake Jamaicans!

Bootaaay said:
True - and I guess that by having her come out unannounced they'd run the risk of the audience not having a clue who she was, or the importance of her arrival. It just seems strange to me that they'd keep Kong on the books for so many months and let her carry on her indy schedule instead of sending her to OVW.
Yeah. Exactly. But then again, anything can happen.

I can't wait for her debut, though. I've always appreciated the monster heel role in the divas division, and Kong may be the answer.

Ok, no more hype, no more promos, no more crap. I expect to see 4 hours of solid if not spectacular WRESTLING tonight.

That and a Michael Cole beatdown of epic proportions.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It'd be great if Awesome Kong comes out and ruins the ring and chokes Justin Roberts with his tie.

It is sad the whole Nexus angle has got ripped down into as bad hastily booked match with most, if not all, of the worst members of the original group in it.

Lunchbox said:
They should introduce awesome kong as Blandy ortons 3rd wife

Then celebrate edge lita style

They are obviously going to book Amazing Kong the same way they went with Molly Holly. Although Kong will be a relation of Mark Henry.

PaulLFC said:
If someone could enlighten me on where I could possibly acquire one of these $2 lamps, that'd be great. I'm bored of sitting in darkness!

Samesies, I'm thinking of going to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch with some friends, but in case that doesn't go through I would love to have a backup plan. If anyone could PM me a link that would be incredible!

RBH said:
I really hope that the rumors about Sheamus/Bryan being pushed to the dark match are not true.

I'll still get to see the match either way tonight, but they deserve to be on the main show.
This would actually be a major blow to me, I'm paying for this event (at the much cheaper UK price) and I'd feel pretty damn screwed if this match got bumped off the card. Also I hope they return the highlight video and the end of the show this year, it always impresses me how the guys in the production truck manage to condense the ppv into a short 2-3 minute reel.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
HHH/Taker has the potential to be the worst Wrestlemania big match in years.

Plinko said:
HHH/Taker has the potential to be the worst Wrestlemania big match in years.
It also has the potential in being the best match on the card, though that's not saying much. All in all, I'm still looking forward to it.

I'm interested in these matches:

Cole vs. King.
HHH vs. Taker.
Punk vs. Orton.
Miz vs. Cena.

In that order.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Not a huge wrestling fan, anymore that is, but I'm headed to Wrestlemania tonight in Atlanta. Should be awesome. I'm more interested because The Rock is back.

Any website I can read to get up to speed on the matches? Spoiler free, please. Thanks!

So what do we reckon, HBK costs HHH the match? If he's interfering and Taker wins, he has to do over HHH somehow. Maybe he doesn't want HHH to do what he couldn't. Or maybe Taker will own both of them.

Lunchbox

Banned
Bboy AJ said:
Not a huge wrestling fan, anymore that is, but I'm headed to Wrestlemania tonight in Atlanta. Should be awesome. I'm more interested because The Rock is back.

Any website I can read to get up to speed on the matches? Spoiler free, please. Thanks!

-hhh is gonna kill undertaker or die trying lol tripsnagryfacefoaming.jpg
-randy orton is mad cause cm punk attacked his bus and his wife gets an orgasm just looking at punk
-christian should've been in the match with del rio and edge, but vince hates christian for going to tna. del rio won the rumble and will beat edge for the intercontinental title
-snooki
-KKK grand dragon rock vs Martin luther cena fighting for the his fans, his color, his hood while miz is just there

and the main event, the most well built storyline in years, you have watch the year long build up on youtube for this -

Jerry lawler versus michael cole (with austin, jr, and jack swagga, Grand master sexay)

Striker

RBH said:

It's Vince. He doesn't care about actual wrestlng.

Remember Wrestlemania 25 when he took off Morrison/Miz vs. Carlito/Primo for the Tag titles, only to give such shit on the card like Santina/Vickie 10 minutes time.

It's dumb booking like this that devalues titles that aren't the WWE/World Championship.

I have no idea what a lamp is, but it sounds lovely and I wish to acquire one. If someone could PM me, I'd appreciate it immensely.

Also, could someone give me a short summation of the situation about Vince not wanting the presenters to use the term 'wrestling', etc? I haven't watched wrestling since about 2007, so I'm not up to date with this whole PG thing either. Are they trying to distance themselves from any violent connotations to do with wrestling?

Lunchbox

Banned
he put on a suit, the dream is over :(

gTZ6I.jpg

DKehoe

3ur4zn said:
Also, could someone give me a short summation of the situation about Vince not wanting the presenters to use the term 'wrestling', etc? I haven't watched wrestling since about 2007, so I'm not up to date with this whole PG thing either. Are they trying to distance themselves from any violent connotations to do with wrestling?
Vince is incredibly insecure about being a wrestling promoter (despite being the most successful one of all time) and wants to pretend he is the head of a media corporation instead.

3ur4zn said:
I have no idea what a lamp is, but it sounds lovely and I wish to acquire one. If someone could PM me, I'd appreciate it immensely.

Vince is basically ashamed of wrestling, and feels that to the public it represents the old carny way of doing things. So he insists on the sports entertainment tag to try and present something else.

3ur4zn said:

Vince wants to be Donald Trump, and have a hand in a lot of different brands of entertainment - most importantly build something else hugely successful outside outside of wrestling. Everything he tires fails (XFL, Films ect), so now he is getting pissed at the one thing he has ever done right, and trying to change it from the inside to suit his own delusions of grandeur.

Galvanise_ said:
So what do we reckon, HBK costs HHH the match? If he's interfering and Taker wins, he has to do over HHH somehow. Maybe he doesn't want HHH to do what he couldn't. Or maybe Taker will own both of them.

I predicted that HBK will cost HHH the match.
spindashing said:
Contest?!

My Predictions:
Miz vs Cena
Edge vs Del Rio
Undertaker vs HHH (HBK will interfere costing HHH the match.)
Cole vs Lawler
CM Punk vs Orton
Rhodes vs Mysterio
Sheamus vs Bryan
Snooki's team vs LayCool
Babyfaces vs Corre

Tie-breaker - Miz vs. Cena.

Second tie-breaker - An hour including Rocky shenanigans.

I hope that gets me extra brownie points when it happens.

JdFoX187

Banned
Striker said:
It's Vince. He doesn't care about actual wrestlng.

Remember Wrestlemania 25 when he took off Morrison/Miz vs. Carlito/Primo for the Tag titles, only to give such shit on the card like Santina/Vickie 10 minutes time.

It's dumb booking like this that devalues titles that aren't the WWE/World Championship.
Booking devalues those two championships as well. The whole WWE Championship match tonight is an afterthought to what Rock is going to to do Cena.

MattyH

well heres how i think mania is gonna go down
Miz vs Cena Miz retains by dq due to rock interfering and beating shit out of cena
Edge vs Del Rio As much as i love edge as champ i think del rio might pull it off
Undertaker vs HHH Too Close to call it could go either way
CM Punk vs Orton Clean finish by orton
Rhodes vs Mysterio Rey by DQ
Sheamus vs Bryan gonna say sheamus but im hoping for a 15-20 min match
Snooki's team vs LayCool Snooki and Jomo and trish got this could be a squash match
Kane,Big Show,Kofi,santino vs Corre more than likely the corre but im not sure

Keyser Soze said:
Vince wants to be Donald Trump, and have a hand in a lot of different brands of entertainment - most importantly build something else hugely successful outside outside of wrestling. Everything he tires fails (XFL, Films ect), so now he is getting pissed at the one thing he has ever done right, and trying to change it from the inside to suit his own delusions of grandeur.

This is exactly why it's so fucking annoying that TNA is owned and opperated but total and utter morons - we need someone to present an actual alternative to WWE and in doing so make wrestling Attitude-era successful again, because while Vince is fine with losing any amount of money as long as it's part of his crusade to become more than just a wrestling promoter, Vince sure as hell wouldn't stand for another company biting into his bottom dollar and might actually concentrate on the business that made him successful in the first place. But who am I kidding? TNA's never going to be anything other than Dixie Carter's vanity project, while the best chance of WWE changing will come the day Vince walks away or dies and takes all his damn sycophant cronies and Hollywood writers with him.

canadian crow said:
Who is the other guy? I really recognize him, but I have no idea from where.

Lars Frederiksen from Rancid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom