• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
DMczaf said:
Fuck you Taker

tlARz.jpg
I love how Sarge never fucking ages haha

Remus is 62 years old, and has looked the same for decades

For those keeping score, tonight was the first time Brian "Road Dogg" Armstrong had been seen on WWE programming since being released in December 2000. He's largely been ignored even during reunion shows for some intensely critical comments he and Kip "Billy Gunn" Sopp made about Triple H in several shoot interviews.

Gentlemen the day of Mania Is upon us. Keep the faith Cenation.

C2morg has been texting me from Atlanta, he is doing all the festivities and is in constant fap mode.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Jeff Albertson said:
Gentlemen the day of Mania Is upon us. Keep the faith Cenation.

C2morg has been texting me from Atlanta, he is doing all the festivities and is in constant fap mode.

i think its just you and i my friend

Kyoufu said:
What have they said about Triple H?

edit: I'm having problems sleeping. I wonder if I'll be awake for WM. :/

They did a couple shoot interviews around '06-'07 saying Triple H told them once during the DX heyday he would do anything it takes to get to the top of the business. They implied that was his motive for dumping Chyna and pursuing a legit relationship with Stephanie McMahon. They had some really strong words for what he did to Chyna specifically and pretty much blamed him running off with Stephanie as what sent Chyna on her mess of a downward spiral.

The funny thing is that I heard a story that Triple H actually pitched an idea of a DX reunion with Road Dogg and Billy Gunn on that Raw 15 show back in December 2007. Then someone in WWE showed him a clip of what they said about him and immediately killed that idea.

Kyoufu

Keyser Soze said:
I woke up at 6AM today... gonna have to pull 22 hours awake to watch Mania live

Really wish I slept in :/

At least you slept :(

AnEternalEnigma said:
They did a couple shoot interviews around '06-'07 saying Triple H told them once during the DX heyday he would do anything it takes to get to the top of the business. They implied that was his motive for dumping Chyna and pursuing a legit relationship with Stephanie McMahon. They had some really strong words for what he did to Chyna specifically and pretty much blamed him running off with Stephanie as what sent Chyna on her mess of a downward spiral.

The funny thing is that I heard a story that Triple H actually pitched an idea of a DX reunion with Road Dogg and Billy Gunn on that Raw 15 show back in December 2007. Then someone in WWE showed him a clip of what they said about him and immediately killed that idea.

I wasn't a fan of them anyway.

Keyser Soze said:
I woke up at 6AM today... gonna have to pull 22 hours awake to watch Mania live

Really wish I slept in :/

Long day eh? 4am bed at earliest but I'm often still buzzing so wont be able to sleep till 5 or 6, good job I aint working tomorrow.

Need to plan out my snacks for tonight, I have a few varying bags of sweets and a 6 pack of glass coke (mania tradition) but not sure what to do for proper food, may ring a pizza at 12.

Taker will limp on until it's 20-0.

They need to find a worthy opponent for him though.
Sting would have been pretty sweet.

Hopefully he's worn down by next year.

Ulairi

Banned
Buckethead said:
Taker will limp on until it's 20-0.

They need to find a worthy opponent for him though.
Sting would have been pretty sweet.

Hopefully he's worn down by next year.

Sting V Taker on a mania would mean Sting signs just to lose. They'd need to do something have have Taker and Sting not finish and turn into a team or something.

Woo, all lamp'd up for WrassleMania, 5 Euro bucks for a top quality lamp - can't wait, should hopefully still be a great show regardless of Snooki the Troll and poor build-up's.

DGUSA's iPPV was last night - from the PAC/Tozawa match onwards everything was said to be awesome, kinda regretting skipping on it now, but I'm reaching my limits of how much wrestling I can watch in one weekend - so far I've watched; ROH SoCal Showdown II, Osaka Pro's Halloween show, Corazon Pro from last September, SHIMMER Volume 35, ROH takes Center Stage Day 1 & 2, PWG's Kurt RusselReunion II, Oz Academy's 15th Anniversary show and SMASH 14.

Downhome

I am about to head out towards Atlanta to go to Axxcess and Wrestlemania! I will try to post some pictures to my Twitter account, cbrentl, which I have never actually used before. I can't wait!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
RBH said:

Man does this picture make me feel old. DDP still looks somewhat like he did 10 years ago, though.

WWE sucks for botching that guy and his gimmick.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the streak ends tonight.

Taker takes off a year...goes in th HoF next year

believe.

Only way this gets screwed up is if Cena and Rock have a retirement match next year.

bart jr

Neo Member
'Wherever I May Roam' would make for a sweet entrance song, but it looks like HHH is going to use 'Nothing Else Matters'.

jobber

So I heard at the fan shit they got a graveyard of all of Taker's victims from the past Wrestlemania..but it's only 16 tombstones which means it's 1 for HBK and 0 for Triple H...so if they totally erased that match from history, does WM19 count for 2 since he won a handicap match?!

*explodes*

jobber said:
the streak ends tonight.

Taker takes off a year...goes in th HoF next year

believe.

Only way this gets screwed up is if Cena and Rock have a retirement match next year.

You want Taker to lose?

I'd much rather him go unbeaten and the day after WM on RAW, say his goodbyes, the lights go out, come back on. . .and he's gone.

jobber said:
So I heard at the fan shit they got a graveyard of all of Taker's victims from the past Wrestlemania..but it's only 16 tombstones which means it's 1 for HBK and 0 for Triple H...so if they totally erased that match from history, does WM19 count for 2 since he won a handicap match?!

*explodes*

He's beat Kane twice.
He's beat HBK twice.

A HHH tombstone was there.

Striker

Galvanise_ said:
You want Taker to lose?

I'd much rather him go unbeaten and the day after WM on RAW, say his goodbyes, the lights go out, come back on. . .and he's gone.
That would be pretty cool.

I don't really care one way or another if he loses the Streak, but to a guy like HHH? No. Neither to guys like Cena, or Orton. Put it for somebody who would need it, and would become legitimized in a heartbeat. I would be thinking Del Rio or CM Punk, though they're also iffy because they've been World Champions (you know ;D will win tonight!).

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Galvanise_ said:
You want Taker to lose?

if they had built up the match properly id say yeah he could lose to HHH and retire. But now i dont know if i want it so end so...randomly.

WHO WILL SURVIVE?

goldust4.jpg

PUMP IT UP PUMP IT UP

I think the only heels that're going to win are likely Del Rio and maybe Miz. And of course the streak continues.

RBH

1-WM27_banner_miz-vs-cena.jpg

1-WM27_banner_taker-vs-hhh.jpg

1-WM27_banner_edge-vs-del-rio.jpg

20110311-article-wm27-ortonpunk.jpg

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

20110311-article-wm27-lawlercole.jpg

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with Stone Cold Steve Austin as special guest referee

20110315-article-wm27-3on3tag.jpg

John Morrison, Trish Stratus, and Snooki vs. Lay-Cool and Dolph Ziggler

308_0.jpg

Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella, and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel, and Heath Slater

20110311-article-wm27-reyrhodes.jpg

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes

20110321-article-wm27-ustitle.jpg

United States Championship Match
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

jobber

Galvanise_ said:
You want Taker to lose?

god yes.

Wrestlemania is suppose to be the culmination of a year full of shit storylines and bad segments we had to sit through. Taker worked like 6 matches in the last year. DAT E needs to focus on making new stars. Look at Cena for example. He wasn't even on the card for a match at WM 19...WM20 he was in the first match.

If you don't like Cena, fine...look at Miz. He wasn't officially on the card at WM25 since the tag match was a dark match...then part of the first match at WM 26...and a 99% he's going to be in the last match tonight.

Sick of the streak overshadowing titles...the IC and tag titles aren't even on the line. You know who else is undefeated at Wrestlemania?

Goldberg.

MY BODY IS READY for Wrestlemania.

I've got my Miz t shirt ready to wear to my friends house, his stepson and friends are all Cenation, and I plan on drinking their tears as the Rock interferes and the Miz retains.

jobber said:
god yes.

Wrestlemania is suppose to be the culmination of a year full of shit storylines and bad segments we had to sit through. Taker worked like 6 matches in the last year. DAT E needs to focus on making new stars. Look at Cena for example. He wasn't even on the card for a match at WM 19...WM20 he was in the first match.

If you don't like Cena, fine...look at Miz. He wasn't officially on the card at WM25 since the tag match was a dark match...then part of the first match at WM 26...and a 99% he's going to be in the last match tonight.

Sick of the streak overshadowing titles...the IC and tag titles aren't even on the line. You know who else is undefeated at Wrestlemania?

Goldberg.
But HHH winnin wouldn't exactly make a new star!

If they want to use the streak being broke to good effect build a youngster up over a year and have them break it next year.

HHH would be the worst pick imaginable bar Mysterio

Dinokill

What is the lamp people are talking about? 2 dollars to watch Wrestlemania in HD? Can someone explain me or at leat PM me?

MattyH

spindashing said:
It's always great seeing new faces in here, but it's amusing seeing new faces drop in merely begging for a lamp...

ive paid for mania on box office but need a lamp for a friend

I think this years card is quite good for newish talent (or reasonably established talent getting a push or a decent showing) in nice places.

Daniel Bryan
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio
The Miz
The Corre

I like having the Streak there but I think it could have done with more build up. Taker has to be rusty.

MattyH

Galvanise_ said:
I think this years card is quite good for newish talent (or reasonably established talent getting a push or a decent showing) in nice places.

Daniel Bryan
Sheamus
Alberto Del Rio
The Miz
The Corre

I like having the Streak there but I think it could have done with more build up. Taker has to be rusty.

i think sheamus v Bryan has got a chance to be one hell of a match

MattyH said:
i think sheamus v Bryan has got a chance to be one hell of a match

Same here, especially if given a sold 10 minutes plus to work with - I'm glad it'll (more than likely) be opening the show too, should be a great way to kick of Mania.

I've become a big Sheamus fan this year

The bicycle kick to Bryan to win the US Championship was awesome. He's actually a fun guy to watch who got pushed a little too fast but is still pretty talented.

I don't need to say anything bout Daniel Bryan either- he's just quality through and through and happy to see him wrestling on the biggest stage.

Striker

Sheamus has gotten more fans as of late, mostly due to his in ring performance. I guess when he got away from Boreton and Cener that can only help you.

I agree, he's a good guy to watch. It's stupid how he was "cursed" by the KotR and jobbed for a straight month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom