• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get the gear ready

JohnCena56-1.jpg

Believe!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I never really paid attention to how bad Cena's gear looked but wow, that image just throws it all in my face. The bands are easily the worst, I can tolerate the rest.

Forkball

Miz vs Cena - 5 points
Edge vs Del Rio - 5 points
Undertaker vs HHH - 5 points
Cole vs Lawler - 4 points
CM Punk vs Orton - 4 points
Rhodes vs Mysterio - 4 points
Sheamus vs Bryan - 3 points
Snooki's team vs LayCool - 3 points
Babyfaces vs Nexus - 3 points

Tie-breaker - What match will go on last? Miz vs. Cena

Second tie-breaker - How long will the final match last? (20:19)

Miz vs Cena - 5 points

Tie-breaker - What match will go on last? Cena-Miz

Second tie-breaker - How long will the final match last? (20:00)

Bootaaay said:
This is exactly why it's so fucking annoying that TNA is owned and opperated but total and utter morons - we need someone to present an actual alternative to WWE and in doing so make wrestling Attitude-era successful again, because while Vince is fine with losing any amount of money as long as it's part of his crusade to become more than just a wrestling promoter, Vince sure as hell wouldn't stand for another company biting into his bottom dollar and might actually concentrate on the business that made him successful in the first place. But who am I kidding? TNA's never going to be anything other than Dixie Carter's vanity project, while the best chance of WWE changing will come the day Vince walks away or dies and takes all his damn sycophant cronies and Hollywood writers with him.

Except for Rock'n'Roll wrestling era and Monday Night Wars 98-2001ish, wrestling has never been popular with the main stream.

I think going after Mattel, making the movies (especially the kidish ones), PG-era/Cena are part of the reason why WWe is still popular/relevant. It's always going to have a following but to capture the fans of tomorrow, they definitely have to go after the kiddies.

The adult market is more captivated by video games, tv shows, movies, UFC, professional sports. UFC has multi million buy ppvs in the last year. It's what is relevant to the adult market (I think their tv is a bit weak).

TNA is ran by an idiot. If she were a real business person, she'd look at numbers, she'd listen to criticism and fan feedback.

It's time to get rid of Vince Russo, the Good 'Ol Boy network/WCW 2, fire the drugges. It sucks that ROH is in the position it's in.

Honestly, the war I'm more interested in is ROH/TNA. But ROH would need a tv deal and maybe pursue a few of the discarded WWE entertainers.

Lo walking past the phillips arean and a guy is dress lije kurt angle and another like xpac

Eh skinny tall guy dress as goldust isnt pleasing on the eyes

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bootaaay said:
This is exactly why it's so fucking annoying that TNA is owned and opperated but total and utter morons - we need someone to present an actual alternative to WWE and in doing so make wrestling Attitude-era successful again, because while Vince is fine with losing any amount of money as long as it's part of his crusade to become more than just a wrestling promoter, Vince sure as hell wouldn't stand for another company biting into his bottom dollar and might actually concentrate on the business that made him successful in the first place. But who am I kidding? TNA's never going to be anything other than Dixie Carter's vanity project, while the best chance of WWE changing will come the day Vince walks away or dies and takes all his damn sycophant cronies and Hollywood writers with him.

They need to actually put decent wrestlers who know what they're doing in power. Early WCW was very successful because of that.

It makes me wonder--on "The Rise and Fall of WCW," Jericho said that if he actually knew beforehand how much WCW actually sold for, he would have bought it himself. I honestly wonder what a guy with a mind like Jericho could do for a wrestling business.

Plinko said:
They need to actually put decent wrestlers who know what they're doing in power. Early WCW was very successful because of that.

It makes me wonder--on "The Rise and Fall of WCW," Jericho said that if he actually knew beforehand how much WCW actually sold for, he would have bought it himself. I honestly wonder what a guy with a mind like Jericho could do for a wrestling business.

I think the difference is that WWE is not going to let another WCW happen again and has changed their relationships with their wrestlers. WCW got super popular because they stated to sign some of WWF's aging but still popular stars (Hogan, Hart, Hall, Nash, Savage). In order for TNA to replicate this, they would have to sign guys like Austin, Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker, the aging stars from the Attitude era, and for various reasons, that shit ain't happening. Signing Hogan and Flair, who are a generation behind that, and expecting the same kind of success is stupid.

It's crazy that one of my favorite feuds from the last few years if still Mickie vs Trish. That worked so well, as there was no defined heel or face, and if there ever was one both did face and heelish things in the build up to their Mania match. Fans basically ended up cheering for whoever they liked, and it was awesome.

I think wrestling as a whole needs to drop the Heel/Face thing to become super popular again, as such contrasting mentality does not work in any media (Dramas films, TV shows) in the past few years.

A change would be to develop wrester to have certain beliefs instead of just been a good or bad guy, and then when they get pitch again someone else, it could spark something great.

Lunchbox

Banned
Miz vs Cena - 5 points

Tie-breaker - What match will go on last? taker-hhh

Second tie-breaker - How long will the final match last? (25:00)

I'm going to a friend's house and splitting the bill for Mania this year. Hopefully, we can go to the Miami show next year. I wanted to go to ATL this year, but he had cold feet.

Keyser Soze said:
An illegal stream of a PPV on the internet

WTF!! Dude, you broke WrasslinGAF kayfabe!

Spiderjericho said:
Honestly, the war I'm more interested in is ROH/TNA. But ROH would need a tv deal and maybe pursue a few of the discarded WWE entertainers.

There were rumours that ROH was actively pursuing a TV deal once the HDnet deal ran out, so hopefully something comes from that - having Shelton & Haas as the tag champs will certainly help if they do get back on TV, but the problem with acquiring ex-WWE guys is that they need to still be able to go at the top level, otherwise they won't get over with the crowd.

Keyser Soze said:
An illegal stream of a PPV on the internet, which came about after the phrase "I Love Lamp" was stolen from the film Anchorman.
You divided by zero. Expect to get future endeavored.

I really love these new faces out for some lamp...

Lamp talk is the worst part of PPV-GAF but I may be the same if I had to buy it at $65.

I hope everyone is shining bright by kick off time though, just ordered the PPV on sky box office.

MattyH

if your gonna try watch mania online i hope your lamps shine brightly ;)
ordered mania from sky box office so im set

Lunchbox

Banned
spindashing said:

its the dwayne johnson effect

they'll be gone by tomorrow after stephaniemcmahonbooking.org takes a dump on their chest tonight

ghostmind

Looking for that high quality lamp with all that wattage at a low billing rate. My lamp store has gone cold - very cold. Can someone send me the PM?

DKehoe

Keyser Soze said:
Gotta do something shocking to get them to tune into Nitro tomorrow night
We also are going to start our real names instead of our kayfabe usernames.
IT'S A SHOOT BROTHER!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
spindashing said:
You divided by zero. Expect to get future endeavored.

Damnit, you're right, and its cutting into my lampspace damnit

Cena vs Miz is the only unpredictable match tonight. No one knows how that's going to play out.

The only way to know who's winning is by whether it goes on last or not.

Lunchbox said:
its the dwayne johnson effect

they'll be gone by tomorrow after stephaniemcmahonbooking.org takes a dump on their chest tonight

Damn Rock bandwagon fans.

GET OFF MAH WRASSLIN GAF LAWN

**grumble grumble**

DKehoe

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Cena vs Miz is the only unpredictable match tonight. No one knows how that's going to play out.

The only way to know who's winning is by whether it goes on last or not.
It could go last regardless of who wins. Its the Rock/Cena confrontation post match that is the real main event.

Bootaaay said:
WTF!! Dude, you broke WrasslinGAF kayfabe!

There were rumours that ROH was actively pursuing a TV deal once the HDnet deal ran out, so hopefully something comes from that - having Shelton & Haas as the tag champs will certainly help if they do get back on TV, but the problem with acquiring ex-WWE guys is that they need to still be able to go at the top level, otherwise they won't get over with the crowd.

I'm thinking of the ECW approach, where they get semi young WWE castoffs not a Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, etc. Someone like Kaval (even though he was ROH first), MVP, etc.

I don't see why ROH can't get a a 1.0 every week and get several 100K ppv buys and carve out their own niche. We know there's a loyal wresting niche out there (judging by the fact TNA managed to continue to exist), which will really enjoy their product.

Just don't be stupid and take on a huge budget, foster a politics-ridden backstage.

From reading that observer, I just want a atmosphere that can foster regional/national smaller orgs.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I haven't been paying attention or something, when is the Hall of Fame ceremony? Was it last night or tonight? And if tonight when and how do I watch?

DKehoe

siddx said:
I haven't been paying attention or something, when is the Hall of Fame ceremony? Was it last night or tonight? And if tonight when and how do I watch?
Was last night, think its being shown on TV tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The tie breaker should be guessing how many sweat bands Cena wears in his match.

Buckethead said:
Has Taker ever won a WM match by not winning outright? By someone cheating, interfering, etc?

WrestleMania 9. Giant Gonzalez was disqualified for using a handkerchief with "chloroform" in it to knock out Taker.

DKehoe

Buckethead said:
Has Taker ever won a WM match by not winning outright? By someone cheating, interfering, etc?
He won by DQ against Giant Gonzalez of all people I think.
Edit: beaten

Who is legitimately excited for Wrestlemania tonight to be, you know, good? It seems like the general consensus is this is going to be a horrible show saved by whatever The Rock does, but I'm actually optimistic the WWE can put on a good show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom