• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnEternalEnigma said:
WrestleMania 9. Giant Gonzalez was disqualified for using a handkerchief with "chloroform" in it to knock out Taker.
Ahh yes. Thanks.

I thought about HBK accidentally Sweet Chinning HHH but I think that'd be kinda shitty.
Puts HHH over even more if they did that. Gross.

Also kinda disheartening seeing the Rock defend the 'Entertainment'-ization of WWF but he's on the take so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Knox

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
Who is legitimately excited for Wrestlemania tonight to be, you know, good? It seems like the general consensus is this is going to be a horrible show saved by whatever The Rock does, but I'm actually optimistic the WWE can put on a good show.
I think Edge/Del Rio, Punk/Orton, Sheamus/Daniel, Rey/Rhodes, all have potential to be good. HHH/Taker will be what it is, and the Rock stuff should entertain.

JdFoX187

Banned
Kyoufu said:
How is it that we're so hyped for what could most likely be one of the worst WrassleManias in history?
Are people really that hyped though? The buzz around here doesn't seem near as great as it was during the past Wrestlemanias. The PPV will always have its own built-in hype, but it's nothing like it used to be.

Which of the matches are supposedly going to be so terrible? I'm into every match on the card except Snooki's. Hoping for an anonymous Raw GM reveal during Cole-Lawler.

Jackson50

If you require a lamp, PM me.

Miz vs Cena - 5 points
Edge vs Del Rio - 5 points
Undertaker vs HHH - 5 points
Cole vs Lawler - 4 points
CM Punk vs Orton - 4 points
Rhodes vs Mysterio - 4 points
Sheamus vs Bryan - 3 points
Snooki's team vs LayCool - 3 points
Babyfaces vs Nexus - 3 points

Tie-breaker - Miz vs Cena?

Second tie-breaker - 18:32?

We should get back to guessing what Mysterio will dress up as...

Captain America is a possibility (lol), and could instantly turn him heel to the Mexico crowd, which would work for a Hell/Face feud wit Sin Cera on the way to Summerfest

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
BigKaboom2 said:
Which of the matches are supposedly going to be so terrible? I'm into every match on the card except Snooki's. Hoping for an anonymous Raw GM reveal during Cole-Lawler.
its gonna end up being cole.

BigKaboom2 said:
The 8 man tag match should be a snorefest.

Jerry and Cole as well.

Randy's match has a high chance of being a headlock fest. Other than those all the other matches can be pretty good.

Kyoufu said:
How is it that we're so hyped for what could most likely be one of the worst WrassleManias in history?
This is thinking I just don't understand. Unless every match comes in at under 6 minutes, this will still be better than every mania pre 10, and probably still better than 25.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rey Mysterio Costume Guessing List:

Plywood - Tron
Kccitystar -Tron
Keyser Soze - Captain America
Spindashing - Green Lantern
MattyH - Green Lantern
Ninja Scooter - Dusty Rhodes Yellow Polka Dot Outfit

somedevil

Miz vs Cena - 5 points

Tie-breaker - What match will go on last? miz-cena
Second tie-breaker - How long will the final match last? (23:40)

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
This stream begging is pathetic.
My sentiments exactly. I've seen people being banned for PM begging, so watch it.

@MattyH, I said Green Lantern before...

edit: Nevermind. Brofist @ Plywood.

MattyH

spindashing said:
My sentiments exactly. I've seen people being banned for PM begging, so watch it.

@MattyH, I said Green Lantern before...

sorry spindashing didnt see it

Azuran

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
WrestleMania 9. Giant Gonzalez was disqualified for using a handkerchief with "chloroform" in it to knock out Taker.

God, that match was terrible. I still can't believe that piece of crap tainted the streak.

Jackson50

BigKaboom2 said:
Likewise, I find The Corre vs Team Big Slow match unappealing.

One second thought, Capitan America is probably too heelish to work (when he is supposed to be the face in this match). I will go Iron Man instead

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I guess i'm still not bitter enough because I am greatly looking forward to the show. Already ordered.

It's been revealed that Ross will call the Lawler/Cole, HHH vs Undertaker, 8 man tag, and Cena vs Miz matches and those will be in that order to end the show as of 2pm eastern.

Kccitystar

Keyser Soze said:
One second thought, Capitan America is probably too heelish to work (when he is supposed to be the face in this match). I will go Iron Man instead

Rey had Iron Man attire a couple of WMs back. He also dressed as Daredevil for WM19 also to my knowledge.

ghostmind said:
I think that spindashing has it with Green Lantern.
Although I predict Green Lantern, Captain America could work as well. I'm also thinking Thor is a viable option, but I cannot picture a Rey Mysterio Thor rendition.

Then again, he may not even dress as a super-hero. He could do something different like the mexican-headdress outfit he wore before.

BoboBrazil said:
It's been revealed that Ross will call the Lawler/Cole, 8 man tag, HHH vs Undertaker, and Cena vs Miz matches and those will be in that order to end the show as of 2pm eastern.
lol @ the unimportance of Del Rio's match and win.

Keyser Soze said:
We should get back to guessing what Mysterio will dress up as...

Captain America is a possibility (lol), and could instantly turn him heel to the Mexico crowd, which would work for a Hell/Face feud wit Sin Cera on the way to Summerfest

He'll be either in Braves or Falcons attire to appeal to the crowd.

BoboBrazil said:
It's been revealed that Ross will call the Lawler/Cole, 8 man tag, HHH vs Undertaker, and Cena vs Miz matches and those will be in that order to end the show as of 2pm eastern.

Incorrect. The 8-man tag is going on after HHH vs. Taker.

BoboBrazil said:
It's been revealed that Ross will call the Lawler/Cole, HHH vs Undertaker, 8 man tag, and Cena vs Miz matches and those will be in that order to end the show as of 2pm eastern.
Going to be awesome hearing Jim's reaction to Rock laying down Cena.

Del Rio better win, that is all

Dat Bentley tonight B^)

Miz vs Cena - 5 points

Tie-breaker - What match will go on last?
Edge vs Del Rio

Second tie-breaker - How long will the final match last? (minutes:seconds)
20 minutes 10 seconds

dream

ml2kcg.jpg

wtf? That's not an entertaining set at all.

Rey going to come whit the same mask as Cody to troll him.

Also my cinema companies suck, in all of the fucking Republic they will air Wrestlemania, except Tijuana.

upJTboogie said:
Going to be awesome hearing Jim's reaction to Rock laying down Cena.

They will stare each other down and act as if they're going to beat each other down, but then they'll work together against the Miz and presumably Alex Riley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom